šŸ„ Health Workout chat

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
The thing that killed my routine was laziness and ice cream.

bro ya need the ninja creami and dat protein ice cream

i eat a pint of ice cream literally every day now

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I live in Lombard, so I just checked out the ESporta on Roosevelt last night. It was pretty nice. Not super crowded, but it's smaller inside than you would expect. A lot of space is designated for group classes or personal training.
So I've been to my new gym for the last 4 nights in a row and I already dislike it. Nothing wrong with the gym itself, but I've never before seen so many people recording TikToks in a gym. So many kids walking around with selfie sticks and tripod things to hold their phone and dancing in front of their phones in-between sets. The ones doing this are generally getting in the way of everyone else trying to workout because they are oblivious of their surroundings.

Basement gym is the way to go. I may have to put some thought into setting up a basement gym space. I don't have a ton of room, but I do have a pretty big utility space where I can at least fit a squat rack and bench.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So I've been to my new gym for the last 4 nights in a row and I already dislike it. Nothing wrong with the gym itself, but I've never before seen so many people recording TikToks in a gym. So many kids walking around with selfie sticks and tripod things to hold their phone and dancing in front of their phones in-between sets. The ones doing this are generally getting in the way of everyone else trying to workout because they are oblivious of their surroundings.

Basement gym is the way to go. I may have to put some thought into setting up a basement gym space. I don't have a ton of room, but I do have a pretty big utility space where I can at least fit a squat rack and bench.
The gyms/fitness places really need to have rules that prohibit that. Treat the workout area like the locker room, no cameras allowed.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Mostly due to work, some laziness, life, and just wanting to cruise my Impala. I've literally stepped foot in the gym, maybe 10-12 times the whole summer.
Which is really bad for me, ever since I started lifting 7-8yrs ago, I've been a faithful MFer at the gym, 4-5 days a week.
I feel a ton heavier, and look more flabby than usual but stepped on the scale and I only put on 9lbs the whole summer. People I know including the Wife have asked if I lost weight even though I'm up 9lbs, I'm thinking I lost muscle and they are confusing that with weight lol. My Daughter is getting married in June and I would like to get back down to my feel good weight of 230-240 by then. So I'll start a slow gradual cut over the next 3 months, just eliminating shit slowly but surely. Then come January when I usually stop drinking for 5ish months I'll go HAM on cutting.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
By me it was at the nicer club. Girls would be on the squat rack doing tic toks and doing non squat exercises. Sometimes I could completely finish a work out before they got off the rack.
And literally it's like one set take pic of butt. Another set more pics. Even the young guys do one set then pose in the damn mirror. Lol

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
We just had a baby, and trying to get ready for cruising the coast down here in MS, so I'm in the gym a couple days week hitting the bro muscles. But I guess that's not very different.

I got under the bar the other day and worked my way up to 205. I was still able to hit it for 5 reps and head back down in weight, but damn that shit felt heavy. I'll get back around to it eventually.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I ate like a pig yesterday at Red lobster endless shrimp. So, double walk today, and if weather is nice, probably tomorrow too.

1664669438404.png

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I ate like a pig yesterday at Red lobster endless shrimp. So, double walk today, and if weather is nice, probably tomorrow too.

View attachment 134083
Damn son, thatā€™s a lot of walking. Only way Iā€™ll get that many steps is to throw my watch in a paint shaker and let it go for an hour.

We also have an exercise thread in the event you find it better suited for walking results.

Thread Info