Appropriate for this thread

FB_IMG_1576798416552.jpeg

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
20191220_190831.jpeg

Paulie Gee's pizza in Logan Square, Chicago, IL. Detroit style pizza in Chicago. Pizza is surprisingly delicious. Will post a review on Crazymook FB page shortly. Might copy/paste here, but I ask that all you guys follow us on Facebook even if I do carry it over here. Trying to build a following over there too.

Quoted below:

Quick Pizza Review: Paulie Gee's in Logan Square, Chicago, IL.

Paulie Gee's is a pizza place in Chicago that doesn't serve Chicago style pizza. If you're familiar with Logan Square, you know that it's known for the young almost hipster sort of crowd. They pride themselves on being different.

Paulie Gee's main draw is a New Haven style pizza that is, in my opinion, mediocre. I've tried it a few times and I can't justify having it over any other pizza in Chicago.

However, as Yoda said, "There is another." The other is the Detroit-style pizza. As I was walking through the restaurant easily half of the place had the Detroit style on their plate vs the New Haven style.

We indulged in the "Cheeseovoire" which has a 5 cheese blend spread over the crust. It's topped off with sauce and parmesan cheese.

The pizza is delicious. It has a nice thick crust with a burnt cheese edge around the crust. It is rectangular in shape with pieces cut into squares. The sauce is not cooked, unfortunately, so parts of it come out cold. This is the worst part of the pie. If the sauce was warm it would be far better.

If you're looking for a Detroit style pie in the city, look no farther than Paulie Gee's.

Score - 7.5/10

Not sure what Detroit style is? Check out The Leyman's Guide to Pizza on Crazymook.com

Last edited:
Reactions: ragingclue and Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
View attachment 46973

Paulie Gee's pizza in Logan Square, Chicago, IL. Detroit style pizza in Chicago. Pizza is surprisingly delicious. Will post a review on Crazymook FB page shortly. Might copy/paste here, but I ask that all you guys follow us on Facebook even if I do carry it over here. Trying to build a following over there too.
BTW I know nobody cares about Detroit or Detroit style but thank you for mentioning that place. I somehow missed it when I lived in the city but will visit next time I'm there.

Reactions: Sprayin
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info