The Layman's Guide To Pizza Styles

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I won't say I disagree. I think it's in the ingredient to crust ratio that plays with your mind. For example, I prefer innies (yea, go with the bad jokes...), from a square cut pizza. Way, more gooey, greasy, cheesy goodness and minimal crust. It's pretty much like being a kid and eating a pie-cut and not eating the crust. :D

I prefer the outside pieces myself. I like the crust crispier, and the outside pieces typically have a thicker crust too.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I
I don't know that getting hung up on how it's cut is important. To me it's more a "preference". At the place I worked at, thin crust and extreme thin was "party cut" (the square), and Double dough, Pan and stuffed was "pie cut" (the triangle). However upon request we would cut anything you ordered any way you want, or heck, not even at all. :D I'd take extreme thin 12" pizza's, roll them up like a calzone and shove 'em down the gullet. :D

Heck, we'd cook them as the customer wanted too. Some people like to "Par-bake" them. Meaning we cook them just long enough to start warming it and melting the cheese, then they, the customer will take it and finish it at home.
i thought take and bake was stupid till I got it at one of my favorite places that’s juuuust far enough for the pizza to start cooling by the time I get home. Now I get take and bake and it’s just as good as sitting down to eat in the restaurant.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I guess we don't have any angry Italians here. Neapolitan is trash and LC Deep!Deep! passes as Sicilian. I expected this thread to be more saucy.
The LC reference is supposed to show an example that literally everyone should be familiar with. It's a style, and it definitely fits the bill.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Bacci Would not be on my fav list ever but we order huge amounts of pizza from them at work. Talking about a $2000+ order of pizza to feed 300-400 or so people once a month and they always take care of us. Can’t say the same for all the Pizza places we’ve ordered from.

As was said earlier everyone will have their favorite and mine is a small place called Little Sicily pizza and bakery in Schaumburg. It’s fucking delicious hot, cold, left out overnight, just delicious.

Damn it I really want Pizza now. ?

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
1576636450912.gif

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I'm calling those the same thing. Should I not?
I think only snobs will give you any sort of issue. Detroit style is bastardized Sicilian. LC is cheap and bastardized Detroit style. In the end, if you put the LC next to a proper Sicilian pizza, the differences are a lot more than the similarities. Kinda like a Big Mac and a Porterhouse. But it was a good piece anyway, was just giving you shit. And I'm just really into Detroit style (I make it from scratch from time to time and grew up eating way too much of it), so I'm probably a bit snobby there.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I actually really like Neopolitan pizza lol. The problem is you really can't make a meal out of it. You have to have some pasta or something else on the side because it's just not filling by itself.

My favorite spot for Neopolitan pizza is Quartino in Chicago. Great food, service is awesome, and it's reasonably cheap for a nice Italian restaurant.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I love having opinons on things that people disagree with.

View attachment 46759
Just funny when you mention it’s your favs and then everyone has to chime in about a secret hole in the wall in a town nobody wants to go to and claim it’s the best pizza ever made but they only sell it once a month and only make 8 pies that day or some shit. Makes them all sound badass for sure.

Reactions: Sprayin

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Just funny when you mention it’s your favs and then everyone has to chime in about a secret hole in the wall in a town nobody wants to go to and claim it’s the best pizza ever made but they only sell it once a month and only make 8 pies that day or some shit. Makes them all sound badass for sure.
Is this in reference to my mentioning Buddy's?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info