The Layman's Guide To Pizza Styles

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Dominos? Literally stopped reading there. No point in continuing. Sorry but that's just insane. I respect that you want a good cheap pizza now and again but to put it as best, come on?

These weren't by any means the "best" and I never once called them best. I said it's my pick for that style. Just what I enjoy. Pretty sure I also said that multiple times within this thread too.

Reactions: Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
giphy.gif

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
These weren't by any means the "best" and I never once called them best. I said it's my pick for that style. Just what I enjoy. Pretty sure I also said that multiple times within this thread too.

Usually people associate best with their pick. Im sorry going forward I will assume your pick is the worst and avoid anything you pick.

Also like I said, I literally stopped when I read that. So I was very clear that I did not read further. Maybe you didn't read my post?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Usually people associate best with their pick. Im sorry going forward I will assume your pick is the worst and avoid anything you pick.

Also like I said, I literally stopped when I read that. So I was very clear that I did not read further. Maybe you didn't read my post?

Oh, I read everything. I argue with everybody so I make sure I know what they're saying, because I like to show them why they are wrong. Again, the *very first paragraph* clearly stated that this was about styles and that styles are not comparable. But you definitely read it right?

You're trying to say that when you want pizza, you *always* go with what you consider "the best"? I have gotos. I like Dominos. Also, this article was simply illustrating the different styles. It was never about the picks. The picks were kinda something I threw in there as I knew it would drum up discussion. Everyone on here is so focused on the picks I'd be willing to bet they didn't read ANY other part of the article.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Oh, I read everything. I argue with everybody so I make sure I know what they're saying, because I like to show them why they are wrong. Again, the *very first paragraph* clearly stated that this was about styles and that styles are not comparable. But you definitely read it right?

You're trying to say that when you want pizza, you *always* go with what you consider "the best"? I have gotos. I like Dominos. Also, this article was simply illustrating the different styles. It was never about the picks. The picks were kinda something I threw in there as I knew it would drum up discussion. Everyone on here is so focused on the picks I'd be willing to bet they didn't read ANY other part of the article.

Yes I read that but you make picks so people can enjoy the style right? So one would assume you would recommend a version of the style that was at the minimum better than most, right? Instead you recommended garbage cheap pizza as your pick to try tossed pizza. Again stopped there because that makes no sense.

I don't ready everything, because most of the internet is junk and I have better things to do.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Yes I read that but you make picks so people can enjoy the style right? So one would assume you would recommend a version of the style that was at the minimum better than most, right? Instead you recommended garbage cheap pizza as your pick to try tossed pizza. Again stopped there because that makes no sense.

I don't ready everything, because most of the internet is junk and I have better things to do.

Yes, and I can tell by your 47k posts on TCG that you definitely have so many better things to do.

No it was more of a "this is what Jeff eats when he indulges in this style". Thus "Jeffs Pick". Dominos is fast food pizza. Its an objective statement that it isn't the best of anything. But thats what I get. I dont think I ever get anything else in that category that isn't fast food pizza now that I think about it.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yes, and I can tell by your 47k posts on TCG that you definitely have so many better things to do.

No it was more of a "this is what Jeff eats when he indulges in this style". Thus "Jeffs Pick". Dominos is fast food pizza. Its an objective statement that it isn't the best of anything. But thats what I get. I dont think I ever get anything else in that category that isn't fast food pizza now that I think about it.

Oh dig, go to the post count.

:bowrofl:

I can't come back from that.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
If you want it to be, sure.

But plenty of people have posted about what’s “best”.
Not really, was just wondering since it wasn't really directed at anybody specifically.

Buddy's is where Detroit Style came from. And when it was born there, they put the sauce on top of the cheese by design (direct contradiction to the write-up but understandably a lot of places do "Detroit Style" without adhering to that). In a thread where he not only asked for opinions on the piece but also asked for specific places to try, and was "schooling" people on the topic, it seemed pretty relevant to me. Would rather people not think of shit tier LC (I'll still eat it though) when referring to "Detroit Style" but I'm not sure why I care.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It absolutely is and anyone can fight me on it. It is the best pizza on the planet. The guy who runs it had a place in Chicago and moved to AZ (because honestly, who wouldn't) so its definitely authentic. i think they still have a location in McHenry, but I can't speak to if it as good. Best deep dish place *in* Chicago is Pequods.

yep still there, i think i misunderstand who's current owner because i thought different than what's posted in the pic but it's really good.

and it's really good too. bar's legit enough to hang out in too. and i can boat there when it's not negative 8

BOOTS ON THE GROUND
buddyz is damn good.

Also, I love Dominos for a cheap, quick, pie. I'm not spending $30 on a pizza just to try to be boujee about my pizza consumption.

agreed. and their app is pretty flawless and it's quick. for cheap, quick, easy, domino's is legit to me.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Not really, was just wondering since it wasn't really directed at anybody specifically.

Buddy's is where Detroit Style came from. And when it was born there, they put the sauce on top of the cheese by design (direct contradiction to the write-up but understandably a lot of places do "Detroit Style" without adhering to that). In a thread where he not only asked for opinions on the piece but also asked for specific places to try, and was "schooling" people on the topic, it seemed pretty relevant to me. Would rather people not think of shit tier LC (I'll still eat it though) when referring to "Detroit Style" but I'm not sure why I care.
Nobody likes Detroit style pizza or Detroit so who cares

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info