TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
BOOTS ON THE GROUND

Screenshot_20191217-152245_Messages.jpg

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Do people actually enjoy roppings5under the cheese? They are just soggy and gross... Toppings on top for crispyness
Toppings like Pepperoni under the cheese flavor the dough. And in cases where the sauce is on top of the cheese and not heavily applied, the sogginess is less of an issue. And then you put the toppings on top too for crispiness.... IMHO anyway.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
WTF????
Only thing I agree with is Nancy's.
Dominos, Bacci and Rocky Rococo's, is that a joke????

These are my go-tos. My pick isnt me calling it "THE BEST PIZZA EVER" outside of my Deep Dish Pick. It's just what I enjoy that I get regularly.

I get it that everyone of you has some obscure pizza place that is a one-off that is down the street from probably where you grew up (shocker), but I went with places that I figured were more recognizable.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I don't know that getting hung up on how it's cut is important. To me it's more a "preference". At the place I worked at, thin crust and extreme thin was "party cut" (the square), and Double dough, Pan and stuffed was "pie cut" (the triangle). However upon request we would cut anything you ordered any way you want, or heck, not even at all. :D I'd take extreme thin 12" pizza's, roll them up like a calzone and shove 'em down the gullet. :D

Heck, we'd cook them as the customer wanted too. Some people like to "Par-bake" them. Meaning we cook them just long enough to start warming it and melting the cheese, then they, the customer will take it and finish it at home.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I don't know that getting hung up on how it's cut is important. To me it's more a "preference". At the place I worked at, thin crust and extreme thin was "party cut" (the square), and Double dough, Pan and stuffed was "pie cut" (the triangle). However upon request we would cut anything you ordered any way you want, or heck, not even at all. :D I'd take extreme thin 12" pizza's, roll them up like a calzone and shove 'em down the gullet. :D

Heck, we'd cook them as the customer wanted too. Some people like to "Par-bake" them. Meaning we cook them just long enough to start warming it and melting the cheese, then they, the customer will take it and finish it at home.

I honestly think how it's cut changes the taste. I worked at a place that did all of what you talked about too, but each place is different, and wildly different based on region.

Now that you mention it, I could also do a whole other article on Calzone's :rofl:

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Sorry, slowly catching up on this thread... :D

I am not a fan of ingredients on top. It's cheese on top for me. This traditional way keeps heat between the crust and the cheese for more uniform temperature and cooking across the pizza, and helps blend the flavors of each ingredient. Some ingredients, like mushrooms for example, hold a ton of water in them as they cook, and putting them on top would dry them out during the cooking process... The only time we would put an ingredient on top was by customer request, or if it were a pepperoni pizza, one piece in the center, so when the person tending the oven pulled it out to cut it, they knew it was a pepperoni pizza, otherwise it looks just like a cheese pizza.

Believe it or not, a lot of people ordered a pizza with no cheese. DaFuq!

Reactions: ragingclue

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I honestly think how it's cut changes the taste. I worked at a place that did all of what you talked about too, but each place is different, and wildly different based on region.

Now that you mention it, I could also do a whole other article on Calzone's :rofl:

I won't say I disagree. I think it's in the ingredient to crust ratio that plays with your mind. For example, I prefer innies (yea, go with the bad jokes...), from a square cut pizza. Way, more gooey, greasy, cheesy goodness and minimal crust. It's pretty much like being a kid and eating a pie-cut and not eating the crust. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info