šŸ„ Health Workout chat

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
i'm closest among those i think for the decent. 17 dips with pretty good form, 8 with pull ups on the same.

never tried a military press, always dumbbells. what do you do for those on overhead press? i assume sitting?
Military press is standing, feet together, strict press. Overhead press is wider stance.

Reactions: sickmint79

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i'm closest among those i think for the decent. 17 dips with pretty good form, 8 with pull ups on the same.

never tried a military press, always dumbbells. what do you do for those on overhead press? i assume sitting?
I do sitting Arnold dumbbell shoulder presses.
Military press is standing, feet together, strict press. Overhead press is wider stance.
Then mine would be considered overhead as my feet arenā€™t together.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Sup.

Feeling good today, blasting some tunes in the garage gym.

Back squats
Chest supported DB rows
Hamstring curls
Flat DB press
Lateral raises
Read delt flies

Ordered up a 100lbs sandbag last night to start fucking around with strongman stuff. Supposed to get a section of utility pole from DEEZUZ DEEZUZ soon to make a legit log press. Iā€™ll add to the equipment as budget allows.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Morninā€™
Eating breakfast now and about to hit a push day. Cut is going well and maintaining strength.

What are your guys thoughts on rest days?

Iā€™ve been on a 6 day schedule (P/P/L/P/P/L/R) for as long as Iā€™ve been working out really. Got into a debate with a buddy of mine and heā€™s claiming Iā€™ll see an improvement in strength / build muscle quicker by adding in more rest days and letting my body recover.

Any truth to this?

I work out pretty hard, some sets to failure and am always trying to increase weight where I can, but very very rarely do I feel sore the next day. Because of that ive never really considered it a problem to go as much as I can.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
dude at my gym doing banded pull ups. looks to be in pretty good shape. thick band and thin band. repping out 10 not struggling. time to take off the thin band right? in the least, if not the thick? nah. puts on a belt and attaches some weight to it. wtf. member of the general public: i don't fawking understand y'all.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Banging the weights like a champ

beaker love GIF

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
dude at my gym doing banded pull ups. looks to be in pretty good shape. thick band and thin band. repping out 10 not struggling. time to take off the thin band right? in the least, if not the thick? nah. puts on a belt and attaches some weight to it. wtf. member of the general public: i don't fawking understand y'all.
Bands can be used to target working a certain areas of a movement. So, assisted at the bottom of the movement when bands are stretched, less assistance or unassisted at all at the top.

People deadlift off blocks to reduce range of motion, pin presses so you only work lockout on a bench press. Same thing can be applied with chains.

Guy I follow for all my training always says ā€œ dont judge people in the gym, everyone has their own reason to be thereā€

Guy fucking around on cables acting like Spider-Man might be there to release stress. That might be what he needs to do not to murder someone on his way home from work.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Here. Easter full body workout.

Took off about the last 5 days to give my wrist a rest. Fell from about 4ā€™ up onto concrete a couple weeks back and half caught myself on my wrist. Itā€™s been super irritated. No bruising but itā€™s been aching like a MFr. feeling 85% better today

• Wow
Reactions: Aircal

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Bands can be used to target working a certain areas of a movement. So, assisted at the bottom of the movement when bands are stretched, less assistance or unassisted at all at the top.

People deadlift off blocks to reduce range of motion, pin presses so you only work lockout on a bench press. Same thing can be applied with chains.

Guy I follow for all my training always says ā€œ dont judge people in the gym, everyone has their own reason to be thereā€

Guy fucking around on cables acting like Spider-Man might be there to release stress. That might be what he needs to do not to murder someone on his way home from work.
i get that bands can be used to help work on or target specific things, although i am skeptical they make any sense for someone who can do 10 pull ups with 2 bands and an added weight on a belt, this just seems to be a combination that makes non sense whatsoever for anyone. i'm not going to be taking video to shame any people doing weird shit at the gym, but i will probably still blab about it on here lol. unless i see someone doing something legit dangerous i probably won't ever say anything, personally i'd be happy for someone to chat me up to point out anything fucked up i'm doing though. i'm not there to relieve stress but to get some results, and it takes so much effort to get any at all that i welcome any way to make them come faster.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I used a band for assist on pull-ups after my hernia surgery until I could rebuild core strength. It took over a year but now I can do un assisted no problem and best of all no residual pain. Never know what folks are coming back from or fighting through.
i'm not knocking band assisted pull ups as they completely make sense and i have done them myself when i could do shit for pull ups.

i'm knocking using a thick band, and a thin band, being able to do 10 of them, and then adding a weight belt to add 5 or 10 kg of weight to do them. why would you not simply go from thick band + thin band to thick band only?

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
i'm not knocking band assisted pull ups as they completely make sense and i have done them myself when i could do shit for pull ups.

i'm knocking using a thick band, and a thin band, being able to do 10 of them, and then adding a weight belt to add 5 or 10 kg of weight to do them. why would you not simply go from thick band + thin band to thick band only?
Yeah that is interesting.

Thread Info