šŸ„ Health Workout chat

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
^ have you thought about picking up a sport / hobby aside from lifting that will keep you active?

Iā€™ve recently started getting back into boxing and thatā€™s a hell of a workout. Same can be said for recreational sports team teams or even biking, kayaking, ect. Something interesting that will keep you in pretty good shape.
Eh, no interest in sports.

I already do bike and kayak/canoe in warm weather. Not the kind of fitness Iā€™m after.

Iā€™d like to try some strongman stuff To mix it up.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
wow fellas

stepped on a scale in my hotel today. it has been the first scale i stepped on since august 2021. in my defense, i was gym clothed...

205 lbs. up from like 178.

on the plus side, i am the strongest i've ever been. on the down side, that's actually not that much at all, not that much more than 178 either really. i do have pics of me in underwear at the start of a dietbet, where i was about 203 (but like a good 5 lbs of water in my stomach) - the legit 205 i am carrying now looks quite a bit better - but i need to work on dropping some of this flab.

will be in the philippines for a month starting tuesday, then plans for thailand the rest of the year. the fully offset timezone harms sleep the most, has positives and benefits for work, but does allow me to easily pick and better maintain a fitness routine. literally no time excuse can be made not to do x. and boy do i have to do a bit more x. and maybe eat less too.

but i'm flying business class from sfo and united's fancy lounge to istanbul and their fancier lounge on turkish before flying to manila, so, basically, we is gonna weigh even more by the time i land lol. will work on doing some cutting by the end of my time in manila.

Edn_v8DUwAUFFRh.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Didnā€™t lift today but did 3.25 miles on my treadmill at home. Trying to get back to running a 5k between 30-33 minutes by mid/late summer. I did it in 38 minutes today with a mix of 5.2mph running and 3.5mph walking @ 2% incline. Longest run at 5.2mph was 20 minutes today. Once I get my running up to 30-35 minutes straight, then Iā€™ll start ramping up my speed.

MirkosMangle

Regular
Jul 12, 2021
Anyone into yoga? Discovered for myself Yanva Yoga and now i am hooked. I heard a lot about yoga from my wife but never even realized how huge can be an influence of it on my body and soul. I became much calmer and have way less stress than few months ago. Nothing change at work or my personal life so far but i started to take things more easy and just breathe deeply in the difficult situations. Highly recommend yoga for people who lost a life balance.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The g/f used to do it all the time and really enjoyed it. Once she moved in and stopped going to classes I think she's done it four or five times in 6-7 years, LOL.

Frankly, with my shitty lower back I probably should consider doing some basic poses just to focus on that area. Maybe next year when I can no longer afford to go to the chiropractor.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have degenerating discs between L3 and S1, the core strength didn't help a bit when the issues first started, and things really haven't gotten worse since I stopped working out. It's just been a constant.

I do need to get more mid-upper back exercise and muscle growth in though.

In talking with a sports medicine acquaintance we do think we now know why my left SI joint has become more and more problematic. I do a lot bicycling, so I'm working my legs/hips/lower back in a single plane (forwards/backwards), and not much left/right), so those muscles are overpowering the rest. He suggested doing crab walks with or without resistance bands, or the machines to strengthen the muscles. Also said a 1:10 ratio of walking/cycling would really help as well. Okay, I might do anywhere from 20-60 miles on a bicycle ride. I know I can walk the 2-3 miles before I get bored. I don't know if I can do 6, lol.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I started back up with the gym this weekend did mix of arms on both days.

I've been eating better for a while now, little to no sweets. I have not out of personal preference had beer or alchohol in months, just haven't had a taste for it.

I'd love to get back get under 219 by end of May.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Knocked out all upper chest today. I cant fucking stand when myself or others p/u 100lb dumbells or heavier and MFers stare at you.
They see you sit on the bench with them and as your getting ready to get them in position to press them. MFers like to stare at you like you cant handle them or some shit. That shit fucks with my concentration big time.

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Knocked out all upper chest today. I cant fucking stand when myself or others p/u 100lb dumbells or heavier and MFers stare at you.
They see you sit on the bench with them and as your getting ready to get them in position to press them. MFers like to stare at you like you cant handle them or some shit. That shit fucks with my concentration big time.
It feeds me. Watch me and my tiny ass handle these 85's. MF's gon' learn today.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Damn son, that's big weight!

I finish my last heavy set with 75's for 8-10 reps. I think fresh I could probably do hundo's, maybe 105 for a rep or two.
Iā€™m a bigger dude, Iā€™m usually floating between 280-300lbs. My 1RM on a flat bench is 415lbs and 365lbs on an incline bench. So yeah, the dumbbells are easy work lol.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i keep bouncing around lbs or kgs based on where i'm at. i do standing dumbbell shoulder presses, and recently changed from coming down to just right angles to dropping my shoulders down to have the dumbbells actually touch them and press them up from there. i'll do 20kg or 22.5kg but can only manage 6/7 of the latter in a set at most when working usually.

i pulled this chart from a mindpump video, i thought i saw an alan thrall one with big 5 lifts in terms of body weight before too.

EEayc6P.png

i'm 180 lean/back from thailand, little stronger now but chonkier also at 205. hopefully back to leaning out more once back in thailand in a couple weeks...

i can't imagine being able to toss up and press 120 lb dumbbells lol that is a strong dude. i'm still chasing everything in this decent column. turned 43 a few days ago, started making any real gym effort at 41 maybe in nov or so 2021. sure wish i started earlier with younger sickmint79 testosterone levels.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i keep bouncing around lbs or kgs based on where i'm at. i do standing dumbbell shoulder presses, and recently changed from coming down to just right angles to dropping my shoulders down to have the dumbbells actually touch them and press them up from there. i'll do 20kg or 22.5kg but can only manage 6/7 of the latter in a set at most when working usually.

i pulled this chart from a mindpump video, i thought i saw an alan thrall one with big 5 lifts in terms of body weight before too.

EEayc6P.png

i'm 180 lean/back from thailand, little stronger now but chonkier also at 205. hopefully back to leaning out more once back in thailand in a couple weeks...

i can't imagine being able to toss up and press 120 lb dumbbells lol that is a strong dude. i'm still chasing everything in this decent column. turned 43 a few days ago, started making any real gym effort at 41 maybe in nov or so 2021. sure wish i started earlier with younger sickmint79 testosterone levels.
Iā€™m 46, didnā€™t start lifting until I was 38 or 39. I donā€™t DL heavy and do not squat anymore. I donā€™t think the risk is worth the reward at my age. But when I did I was around the great levels although my DL I needed wrist straps to go anything at or above 365lbs. I can do the 225 standing military press, 275 bent over row, and over 1000lbs on the leg press. Iā€™m horrible at body weight things like dips and pull ups.

Thread Info