When the post workout pump fades

1653264316992.gif

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
i need something for my puny rear delts. machine in mexico was nice but didn't use it enough. machine in thailand is broken, but felt really awful anyway with the movement pattern it had. was probably from the early 2000s at best if not older. are they going to replace it though? i really doubt it. gym has like 20 regulars at it.
Cables are great for rear delts. You can do many different variations of a face pull that will wreck your rear delts

I'll post my fav in a second

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
unfortunately my thai gym doesn't have this machine, the one cable thing it does have is a bit fucked up on either side as well since god knows how old it is and they are cheap. will try to make something like this happen although think it will have to be one arm at a time
You could do something similar with light dumbbells, like a lateral raise except bend over so it targets the rear delts

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Good bit of volume today. 2 warm ups, 3 sets of 75 incline, less incline and flat. Then back to incline for flys and a tricep extension, then finish with with dips. In and out in 50 minutes.

View attachment 120399
I heard PF didnt have heavy dumbbells, whats the highest they have?

All chest incline work today
3 sets of 15 presses with 100lb dumbbells
3 sets of 15 flies with 35lb dumbbells
3 sets of 15 close grip presses with 75lb dumbbells
3 sets consisting of 10 reps, 7 reps and 5 reps at 275lbs barbell
3 sets of incline pause on the machine with 4 plates, 2 on each side (hold at 75% for 3 seconds, hold at 25% for 3 seconds, press and repeat for 5 reps)
Forgot the proper name for that, its an awesome thing to do for a burn out set when your almost done.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Leg day.

I fucked my lower back up about two weeks ago going too heavy on bent over barbell rows. Been trying to take it easy ever since and have avoided leg day.

Not feeling 100%, but working through it. Hope it works itself out. Been telling myself I need to start stretching / doing yoga or some shit but havenā€™t worked it in yet.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
This is the time of year I was worried about. With being out of town last week now been 2 weeks since I worked out. Full day today and going to friends tomorrow. That bumps me to Tuesday. Tuesday nite is Cozy Corner. So now Wednesday. Then Thursday is Westmont. So maybe a second work out for the week on Friday?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
This is the time of year I was worried about. With being out of town last week now been 2 weeks since I worked out. Full day today and going to friends tomorrow. That bumps me to Tuesday. Tuesday nite is Cozy Corner. So now Wednesday. Then Thursday is Westmont. So maybe a second work out for the week on Friday?
Make time to do something. Put together a quick circuit you can run a few times in 15-20min. If you go to a gym, invest in a small amount of equip to keep at home for times like this. A pair of gymnastics rings hung over the rafters in the garage or over a beam in the basement are plenty.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i was kinda winging what i decided to do in the gym between covid thailand and now thailand, and i would go 1-3x a week to the gym and 1-2x a week to muay thai.

now that i am back in thailand, partially just because the extreme timezone difference gives me more time or at least the feeling of it, i have kept up a pretty solid routine since i've landed. 3x muay thai a week and 4x gym. on one hand i'd like to take a total rest day sundays, on the other i wrote out a fully body workout plan and all the exercises fit well into 4 days (arguably still take too much time at the gym) and i wouldn't want to try and stuff the 4 days worth into 3.

pr today on overhead dumbbell press (22.5kg x8) and leg press (240kg x13), although my form is probably more questionable on the latter. i think the former is pretty good.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Back is feeling good, crushed a pull workout tonight.

I bought a new preworkout to try that is heavy on Beta Alanine (my usual go-to preworkout has none) and holy shit was that a trip.
Workout was solid, but I literally itched and my skin felt on fire the whole time. Iā€™ve heard this could happen / is normal, but didnā€™t expect it to hit like that. Maybe Iā€™m sensitive to it or just not used to it, but damn. Lol

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Back is feeling good, crushed a pull workout tonight.

I bought a new preworkout to try that is heavy on Beta Alanine (my usual go-to preworkout has none) and holy shit was that a trip.
Workout was solid, but I literally itched and my skin felt on fire the whole time. Iā€™ve heard this could happen / is normal, but didnā€™t expect it to hit like that. Maybe Iā€™m sensitive to it or just not used to it, but damn. Lol
Shit I used to take about 7yrs ago would do that to me. Bullnox maybe, Iā€™m not positive as I used to try new shit all the time. Some of that shit would have me in the gym looking to tear down the fucking walls Lol.

Thread Info