đź’¬ OT The New Remote Control Car/Truck/Boat/Plane Megathread

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
My nieghbor had an X-maxx 8S and i had a rustler 4x4 vxl 3S. We were racing down our street and he lost control and smashed into the back of a parked suv and the truck exploded. Needless to say my attention went to the truck and I forgot about the race. My car went full throttle into my niehgbors foot and shattered his big toe in 3 places. His foot and ankle looked nasty as fuck for weeks.

I won’t drive my cars if there is a car parked on the street. I don’t feel like paying to fix a neighbors vehicle let alone talk to them more than 2 min.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
1661199143385.png

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
I won’t drive my cars if there is a car parked on the street. I don’t feel like paying to fix a neighbors vehicle let alone talk to them more than 2 min.
Lucky for him it hit the rear tire and didnt damage any body panels or paint. The guy did come running out of his house cause it sounded like a real car hit his car. :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
His X-maxx at full boogie would easily take a leg off. You could easily kill someone with what your building going 150+
This why I will start slower and work my way up to those speeds, and only run those speeds in certain places. Spectators I will have off the road or right by me. I 100% do not want to hit anyone with this thing.

Reactions: cdh027

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
His X-maxx at full boogie would easily take a leg off. You could easily kill someone with what your building going 150+
This was the first thing I thought of when he posted it lol. I can’t imagine where you could even run it, a drag strip? 150mph is like 240 feet a second

Reactions: cdh027

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
Finally had a chance to get out with the limitless today after spending a lot of time making sure everything is set the way it should be and it goes straight. I started with throttle power set to 20% and worked up to 60% which was as much as I could do with the area we were at. Parking lot was slick, traction was tough to keep. Plus light poles. I really was only able to be on full throttle (60% power) for a few seconds before having to back off and brake, but got to 73mph on what was a getting a feel for car type of day. It wont let me load the short video of that run directly which sucks.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0044.HEIC.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
To this day what still blows my mind is the 1/8 nitro on road cars. They are not popular at all in the states but in Europe it’s big. These are 1/8 scale cars that will do 50-80mph for an entire race. Usually 30 min or longer races with multiple pit stops for fuel.

Video looks sped up… loll. The level of concentration to do this for long races is nuts. Electric may be faster but I doubt you can run this hard for this long on electric even with battery swaps. everything would die from the heat.

Go to 43 min in the video. Really insane pit stop in the final laps.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
To this day what still blows my mind is the 1/8 nitro on road cars. They are not popular at all in the states but in Europe it’s big. These are 1/8 scale cars that will do 50-80mph for an entire race. Usually 30 min or longer races with multiple pit stops for fuel.

Video looks sped up… loll. The level of concentration to do this for long races is nuts. Electric may be faster but I doubt you can run this hard for this long on electric even with battery swaps. everything would die from the heat.

Go to 43 min in the video. Really insane pit stop in the final laps.

Yeah, those cars are nuts, the downforce they make is probably 2 or 3x the weight of the car, they could probably drive upside down.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Stole this video to of the Nvidia RTX 4000 series thread, but only because its all RC cars, and hold time hobbyists and new guys will notice a few classic and modern cars in there.

But mainly because it reminded me of this game. Re-Volt, man that was a fun game with some funky upbeat music, but HARD as hell without a wheel.

Thread Info