đź’¬ OT The New Remote Control Car/Truck/Boat/Plane Megathread

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
Where would u run it at 140 mph?
There are 2 roads that lead you to Lewis University Airport that are prime for such runs. Guy at hobby shop ran 161mph with his limitless there, so 120 to 140 should be no problem. I am a long way from running those speeds though, going to cut back in beginning and work my way up to higher speeds. I am used to my rustler which only runs 60mph, so if I try an all out run with limitless on 8s lipo I am fairly certain it will end in disaster. I will post pics of vehicle once I get it set up. I will also post pics of gps results and videos of runs as I do them.

I now have an Emaxx on 6s for off road bashing, rustler for back up off road vehicle and on road bashing, and limitless will be speed run vehicle.

Perhaps we should try to get some RC meets going in near future? I am in Montgomery area.

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017
There are 2 roads that lead you to Lewis University Airport that are prime for such runs. Guy at hobby shop ran 161mph with his limitless there, so 120 to 140 should be no problem. I am a long way from running those speeds though, going to cut back in beginning and work my way up to higher speeds. I am used to my rustler which only runs 60mph, so if I try an all out run with limitless on 8s lipo I am fairly certain it will end in disaster. I will post pics of vehicle once I get it set up. I will also post pics of gps results and videos of runs as I do them.

I now have an Emaxx on 6s for off road bashing, rustler for back up off road vehicle and on road bashing, and limitless will be speed run vehicle.

Perhaps we should try to get some RC meets going in near future? I am in Montgomery area.

I got involved in r/c speed runs back in the 90’s.
Back then, before brushless motors and Lipo batteries, we had 4 turn single brushed motor and 12 Nicd batteries in an on-road car and were able to reach 100mph on a radar gun. Which was ridiculous because everything was so heavy and inefficient.

Lost control after we passed the radar and the car blew apart. Carbon chassis bits and batteries were everywhere.

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
I got involved in r/c speed runs back in the 90’s.
Back then, before brushless motors and Lipo batteries, we had 4 turn single brushed motor and 12 Nicd batteries in an on-road car and were able to reach 100mph on a radar gun. Which was ridiculous because everything was so heavy and inefficient.

Lost control after we passed the radar and the car blew apart. Carbon chassis bits and batteries were everywhere.
Back in early 90s I had a kyosho USA-1 (still have body today and fitted for my emaxx) and mid 90s I had a RC10 Team Associated truck. It had a 11 turn quintuple torque motor on 6 ce;; Nicd battery and ran in the mid 40mph range which was considered fast back then. I couldn't imagine 100mph back then. Radar gun that had to be fun too. I got the skyrc gps module which is really nice. Losing control at higher speeds will be fear of mine, but the limitless will handle really good at those speeds.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The rear tires are getting pretty worn out, lol

44D6ADFF-DB73-4D42-AA10-A640E9308880.jpeg

Reactions: Yaj Yak

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
That scares me. What’s it weigh?
It weighs 16lbs, and yes I am scared too. Has a metal chassis, not the flexable plastic chassis my other 2 trucks have.

Thats the same 1717 motor I have in my 1/7th scale Hyper One Seven. Except I only run a 6s setup in it. Yeah, 100mph is no problem. 155 is nuts, that's a lot of power.
This setup it can do a quarter mile in 8.6 seconds also which is insane. Going to set throttle back to 10% to 25% to start and work my way up. The person who ran 163mph in his limitless is going to run with me and help me out thankfully.

Let’s get them videos soon
For sure going to get some videos and screen shots of the gps speed readings I get too. I got a coworker who wants to use his drone to get some footage. I have a feeling I am going to have to learn how to edit videos really soon. I want to get a gopro to mount on the car too. Lots of ideas going through my head right now.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Here is my Hyper One Seven after I converted it from Nitro to electric. I have another body for it, but I need to paint that one. The blue one is the original body from years ago with the nitro engine. So it needed the cut-outs for LONG bashing sessions to keep the engine cool. It had a Novarosssi 528xr, and it MOVED out. Bit motor for a bit car.

8481292446_559399926e_o.jpg

8480133178_6b5e43df16_o.jpg

8481301094_a47d153102_o.jpg

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
It weighs 16lbs, and yes I am scared too. Has a metal chassis, not the flexable plastic chassis my other 2 trucks have.
My nieghbor had an X-maxx 8S and i had a rustler 4x4 vxl 3S. We were racing down our street and he lost control and smashed into the back of a parked suv and the truck exploded. Needless to say my attention went to the truck and I forgot about the race. My car went full throttle into my niehgbors foot and shattered his big toe in 3 places. His foot and ankle looked nasty as fuck for weeks.

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Thread Info