đź’¬ OT The New Remote Control Car/Truck/Boat/Plane Megathread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1664364131908.png

aight so i had a minute to dive into mine yesterday. do i need to get this joint entirely out to connect it again yall think

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
Agree on the upgrade to the metal ones, I had issues with the plastic ones and after the 2nd time I went with the metal and no issues since. There is a little grub type screw that holds that on to the shaft coming out of the transmission. If and when you replace them make sure to put a little lock tight on it when putting it back together. I didn't the first time and it backed out luckily the screw was still there.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
There is likely a set screw on the side of it or something to keep it locked to the shaft.

The first time you break a single one, its time to upgrade to a better part.

fack looks like i gotta take the diff out

You have the part that’s supposed to attach to that ujoint deal?

yeah

i watched a vid of a dude doing it with a flatblade and a pick but wasn't sure if there was an easier way.
Agree on the upgrade to the metal ones, I had issues with the plastic ones and after the 2nd time I went with the metal and no issues since. There is a little grub type screw that holds that on to the shaft coming out of the transmission. If and when you replace them make sure to put a little lock tight on it when putting it back together. I didn't the first time and it backed out luckily the screw was still there.

the metal ones were 8x more expensive so i said f it keep the plastic.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
fack looks like i gotta take the diff out

yeah

i watched a vid of a dude doing it with a flatblade and a pick but wasn't sure if there was an easier way.

the metal ones were 8x more expensive so i said f it keep the plastic.
Did you snap the ujoint off the plastic one? I have yet to break an axel

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
  • Love
Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
My son's RC boat sheared a plastic piece that connected the drive shaft to the motor. The drive shaft is metal and this piece is plastic. I don't know why they would make this piece plastic, it could not have cost much more. I mean it's like the size of your pinky nail. I had to buy a new drive shaft and plastic coupling because they only sell them together. So it was either spend $12 to get it working again, or buy another $50 boat. I was thinking that maybe I would glue the metal drive shaft to the coupling this time and reduce the chances of it getting sheared again. I'd have to buy a new combo piece anyway.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
My son's RC boat sheared a plastic piece that connected the drive shaft to the motor. The drive shaft is metal and this piece is plastic. I don't know why they would make this piece plastic, it could not have cost much more. I mean it's like the size of your pinky nail. I had to buy a new drive shaft and plastic coupling because they only sell them together. So it was either spend $12 to get it working again, or buy another $50 boat. I was thinking that maybe I would glue the metal drive shaft to the coupling this time and reduce the chances of it getting sheared again. I'd have to buy a new combo piece anyway.
Depending on the brand some places make aftermarket metal replacement parts, everything plastic that breaks on my Traxxas stuff I replace with metal

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I searched and couldn't find anything online. I think it's because it's just some cheap RC boat that there's really no aftermarket for it. The companies website doesn't have any replacement parts available for sale, outside batteries and propellers.

I saw quite a few complaints about the issue I had.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
  • Love
Reactions: Yaj Yak

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI