đź’¬ OT The New Remote Control Car/Truck/Boat/Plane Megathread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Am I the only one that really wants an RC heli but won't buy one because I'd probably total it within a week?

I had buddies that had them like ten years ago. Normally on a Sunday we'd start having some beers they'd be practicing flying them not too crazy... More and more beers in they'd lose their patience and go full send, usually causing them to hit a tree or come crashing down. Rebuild during the week try again next week

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
DEEZUZ DEEZUZ
Angry Half Baked GIF

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Am I the only one that really wants an RC heli but won't buy one because I'd probably total it within a week?

Helicopters are fucking tits.

I've only fucked with sub $150 ones but I had a Chinook that was the size of a football. It was absolutely a blast. 15 mins later it uncontrollably went above the high tension power lines, like the big mfers... I had 2 guys running to where it was heading I had no control except power. No steering at all. Once they reached the football fields I stopped giving it juice we watched it free fall it took like 25 seconds.

Found it in the football field

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
You know, I always thought it would be bad ass to have a Motor home decked out with a full Sim Rig that uses FPV camera systems from the plan, and also has sensors so it can do a full HUD with Altitude, Ground Speed, Gimble and things.

Have some software trickery so it can have a full 360* view and have a VR head set with head tracking so you can look in any direction.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

Or there’s this
Brushed motor system? What is the 1980's? Brushlesss/LiPo all the way.

Yeah, Arrma has come a long way. They make some solid stuff now. Same as Traxxas. The early days of Traxxas were .... not good.

Those are nice extended wheel base Pan Chassis setups using the same templates as 1/8th scale buggies/truggies. Which makes them durable as hell, lightweight, and stiff as a board.

Thread Info