đź’¬ OT Does anyone else hope malls make a comeback?

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Is that the one in San Pedro Garza Garcia? That mall is massive. It's fun to walk through there. It is kind of like a step back in time. It's always busy and every storefront is occupied. It's so different than the current state of our malls in the U.S. It's also crazy to still see Sears stores in Mexico.

I was at Yorktown Mall recently and it was kind of depressing. It was a weeknight, but man that place was quiet. A lot of storefront vacancies and a huge vacancy where Carson's used to be.
Yeah. I think it’s called plaza fiesta st augustine. I have walked through it a few times but not for shopping.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I miss sbarro

Current lunch.

IMG_5897.jpeg

MirkosMangle

Regular
Jul 12, 2021
It looks so empty there. When i was a little younger, i was a huge fan of malls, could spend easily the whole day there, have two meals in there and check all the shops. Now i have a headache after 20 minutes in the mall and can visit maximum one or two shops. Most of the clothing i am purchasing online. Already know the way to reach out to john lewis customer service and those guys help me with all the issues/questions etc.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Outside of the new Woodman's, and the string of ring establishments, Stratford is dead. I thought I read somewhere that they were going to raze it and re-purpose it.

Last summer on lunch, I drove over at one of the loading docks at the old Alma Mater (Sears) that closed a couple years prior, had standing water almost to the top of the dock.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I wonder why malls are dying around Chicago but doing well in other areas.... any theories? Are they dying in any other big cities?
Well here in Tampa we have the Tampa premium outlets. It’s like a massive outdoor mall and it’s Super busy. And near the airport is the international mall and that is also woodfield size and fully manned with stores. There aren’t any empty wings or stores. And I was just there a few months ago Christmas shopping and it was standing room only in just about any store and throughout the mall. Plus they have a Tesla showroom in the mall with cars to sell as well as all the super high end jewelry and handbag stores. And of course one of the biggest Apple stores I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: cdh027

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
67%
  • The study by Fenton-based United Van Lines, which tracks the company’s data for customers’ state-to-state migration patterns, found that Illinois had an outbound migration rate of 67%, trailing only New Jersey at 71%. Illinois has appeared on the top outbound list in recent years, United Van Lines said.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
People are leaving Illinois in droves. Like you and me and many others just on this small website. Imagine what the actual numbers are.
I mean very true but there still a fuck ton of people there. Every time I go back I’m amazed at how fucking long it takes to get anywhere because of traffic :rofl:

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Thread Info