💬 OT Does anyone else hope malls make a comeback?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Hey guys, remember how fun malls were?
Animation Domination High Def GIF by gifnews

Reactions: Kaeghl

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Well here in Tampa we have the Tampa premium outlets. It’s like a massive outdoor mall and it’s Super busy. And near the airport is the international mall and that is also woodfield size and fully manned with stores. There aren’t any empty wings or stores. And I was just there a few months ago Christmas shopping and it was standing room only in just about any store and throughout the mall. Plus they have a Tesla showroom in the mall with cars to sell as well as all the super high end jewelry and handbag stores. And of course one of the biggest Apple stores I’ve ever seen.
Disney Springs is nuts. Tons of people.

Reactions: Kaeghl

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
so in like 10 years 6 people on TCG move out of state, “People are leaving in droves!!! See!! XX state is the best!!” I recently removed a bunch of people from my ignore list… aaand Now I remember why most of the TCG crew that moved out of state was in that list in the first place.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
so in like 10 years 6 people on TCG move out of state, “People are leaving in droves!!! See!! XX state is the best!!” I recently removed a bunch of people from my ignore list… aaand Now I remember why most of the TCG crew that moved out of state was in that list in the first place.
I never said any state was the best. I posted data showing Illinois is always in the top 3 if not #1 of outbound migration in the past 4 years.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
6 people In 10 years? There's now an "AZ crew" group for those "6 people."

Mook Mook you may want to break this off, I don't think it's gonna stop.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I enjoyed going shopping at malls, but the ones i remember turned to shit. Mostly low class idiots from the city, who already destroyed the malls (brickyard/ford city) they had. The hip and lincolnwood were my go too back in high school. Once those started going to shit, i ventured out to woodfield, and Old Orchard. I avoid the hell out of malls now.

Reactions: Jeffs FRC

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Mall of America is still packed. Was there a few weekends ago. Gets shady at night though.

Met a friend staying at a connected hotel there during a layover at MSP. Went to dinner and the mall seemed normal. Left restaurant after mall closed and it was bizarre. All escalators closed off and all elevators shut down except one. Even the skyway to his hotel was shut down.

Ended up giving him a ride to the hotel lobby instead.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Outside of the new Woodman's, and the string of ring establishments, Stratford is dead. I thought I read somewhere that they were going to raze it and re-purpose it.

Last summer on lunch, I drove over at one of the loading docks at the old Alma Mater (Sears) that closed a couple years prior, had standing water almost to the top of the dock.

I heard that Bloomingdale bought the land the mall is on. So who knows whats going to happen to it. RIP mall that added a shooting fountain that I hated, and then got sad when they closed it and now its just an old person walking around place.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I heard that Bloomingdale bought the land the mall is on. So who knows whats going to happen to it. RIP mall that added a shooting fountain that I hated, and then got sad when they closed it and now its just an old person walking around place.
Is the mall itself even open? With no anchors there anymore and everything out on the perimeter, I thought they closed up shop a long time ago.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Housing...

Thread Info