Apple Event 9/7/22 @ Noon

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Man, I wish I had these TCGStacksOfCash that y'all have to order these $1000+ phones.

Pro Max with 1TB, $1599.
View attachment 131737
I've gotten 5 years of solid use out of my X so hoping to have the same or better with this one. Considering I use it every day to do many functions it's more valuable to me than a computer of the same or higher price.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I've gotten 5 years of solid use out of my X so hoping to have the same or better with this one. Considering I use it every day to do many functions it's more valuable to me than a computer of the same or higher price.
I have had my SE 2020 for not quite two years, and got it new for only $300. But still can't afford a $1000 phone even if I keep it for 3-5 years.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I have had my SE 2020 for not quite two years, and got it new for only $300. But still can't afford a $1000 phone even if I keep it for 3-5 years.
the thing that some people forget is that iphones tend to hold their values decently if you get one of the flagships.

I'm getting $330 on trade at xfinity. Apple was giving slightly more directly through them for it. And resales are even more on craigslist/swappa. I looked earlier and the recently sold same iphone as mine was selling outright on swappa for $400-500 last week. I thought about it, but I don't feel like dealing with that right now. I think I paid $1099 for it back in 2019, so in 3 years I got 1/3rd what I paid for it new.

Kind of like selling a used car outright, usually get more selling private party vs trading in, but it's more convenient to trade in.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Also, I didn't change the default color on my order, so we're both getting purple. I'm on hold to see if they can change it to white or black, but if not, purple is fine.
ha gay GIF

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
xfinity mobile doesn't show up as an available carrier. I know we are the same network as Verizon, but I didn't want to chance it not working, so I opted to order through xfinity to be on the safe side.

Also, I didn't change the default color on my order, so we're both getting purple. I'm on hold to see if they can change it to white or black, but if not, purple is fine.

So, I gotta tell you all, Friday with Xfinity Mobile was a CLUSTERFUCK.

I waited to talk to someone, I got a guy from a Latin country with a THICCCCCCCK accent.

Being that my family were all immigrants from Colombia, I can easily understand a thick Latin accent. But he didn't understand what I was telling him.

I wanted him to cancel my order so I could re-order the phone in black.

He ended up cancelling the wife's order. He tried to "fix" it, but failed, so he gave me a $10 credit on our account and I just hung up.

After work and the wife got off work, we figured we'd go to the Batavia Xfinity store and deal with it in person. We get there, the people couldn't see either of our orders from that day. He tried a few things, met with other workers and still nothing. He suggested we call back to the customer service and have them cancel the order.

We went and ate dinner and on the way home I call back, I get the "to hold your place in line, press 1", so I did. "Your estimated call back will be between 2 hours and 45 minutes and 3 hours and 30 minutes. Fine, it's Friday night, I'm not going to bed early or anything, I'll wait.

I was about 5 mins from home when they called back, less than 20 mins later, which is fine.

The agent had a thick (not THICCCCCCK) accent, this time she sounded Asian, like Laos or Philippines, which is fine and easy enough to understand. I tell her what happened, including stopping at the store and that I want to cancel both orders. She tells me both had already been cancelled. So Latin guy must have cancelled my order after he accidentally cancelled the wife's order, he had me stay on 5 mins longer than I would have wanted to check for a confirmation email, which while on hold and at xfinity store hours later, I still didn't have.

Anyways, she tells me the order was cancelled then tried to sell me on "just get a google # and we'll port that over and we can give you $400 extra off on the new iPhone and then we'll port that to your existing number." I say thanks but no thanks,

We ended up just ordering directly through Apple, got the $40 extra on trade in and once they arrive, I'll have to deal with xfinity customer service again to transfer from current phones to new phones.

Delivery date was originally mid October, hope it comes sooner than that.

What a mess.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So, I gotta tell you all, Friday with Xfinity Mobile was a CLUSTERFUCK.

I waited to talk to someone, I got a guy from a Latin country with a THICCCCCCCK accent.

Being that my family were all immigrants from Colombia, I can easily understand a thick Latin accent. But he didn't understand what I was telling him.

I wanted him to cancel my order so I could re-order the phone in black.

He ended up cancelling the wife's order. He tried to "fix" it, but failed, so he gave me a $10 credit on our account and I just hung up.

After work and the wife got off work, we figured we'd go to the Batavia Xfinity store and deal with it in person. We get there, the people couldn't see either of our orders from that day. He tried a few things, met with other workers and still nothing. He suggested we call back to the customer service and have them cancel the order.

We went and ate dinner and on the way home I call back, I get the "to hold your place in line, press 1", so I did. "Your estimated call back will be between 2 hours and 45 minutes and 3 hours and 30 minutes. Fine, it's Friday night, I'm not going to bed early or anything, I'll wait.

I was about 5 mins from home when they called back, less than 20 mins later, which is fine.

The agent had a thick (not THICCCCCCK) accent, this time she sounded Asian, like Laos or Philippines, which is fine and easy enough to understand. I tell her what happened, including stopping at the store and that I want to cancel both orders. She tells me both had already been cancelled. So Latin guy must have cancelled my order after he accidentally cancelled the wife's order, he had me stay on 5 mins longer than I would have wanted to check for a confirmation email, which while on hold and at xfinity store hours later, I still didn't have.

Anyways, she tells me the order was cancelled then tried to sell me on "just get a google # and we'll port that over and we can give you $400 extra off on the new iPhone and then we'll port that to your existing number." I say thanks but no thanks,

We ended up just ordering directly through Apple, got the $40 extra on trade in and once they arrive, I'll have to deal with xfinity customer service again to transfer from current phones to new phones.

Delivery date was originally mid October, hope it comes sooner than that.

What a mess.
Xfinity customer service via phone is probably the worst we have ever dealt with. You cant understand anyone that answers their phone lines. I get beyond frustrated and start yelling at them to put a fucking American on the phone you stupid fuck. We stopped calling about a year ago and just go to the store when we have an issue.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Xfinity customer service via phone is probably the worst we have ever dealt with. You cant understand anyone that answers their phone lines. I get beyond frustrated and start yelling at them to put a fucking American on the phone you stupid fuck. We stopped calling about a year ago and just go to the store when we have an issue.

Yeah, it's definitely frustrating. The Batavia store is the closest and while not terribly far (30 min drive), it's not convenient to go there.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I wait until IT says I can update. Otherwise I could lose connectivity to their shit. By their shit I mean MS Intune.

Still wondering if having both my lines on one phone is a good idea. I do love the idea of work paying for $700 of the device and I cover the rest and only have to carry around one device.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info