Apple Event 9/7/22 @ Noon

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just need to see what the 13’s are going to drop to in price.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
lol @ apple watch. "We have this cool sleep monitoring software....but you won't be able to use it because you have to charge this MF'r like 90 minutes a day"
I wear my watch every day and all night. I have the fast charger for mine and its charged from 15ish percent to full in the time it takes me to shower and get ready. I dont wear it in the shower, but take advantage of that time to charge. It works out well ever day. I track my sleep every night. I get two days out of a full charge if I need to stretch it.. Series 7 watch.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I wear my watch every day and all night. I have the fast charger for mine and its charged from 15ish percent to full in the time it takes me to shower and get ready. I dont wear it in the shower, but take advantage of that time to charge. It works out well ever day. I track my sleep every night. I get two days out of a full charge if I need to stretch it.. Series 7 watch.
Link to fast charger

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I would bet they’d do a phone with no port at all before they do USB-C

I believe in the UK they are being forced to move to USB-C in a year or two. Wouldnt make sense to make a USB-C and a Lightning version for two different markets. At least to most people.

I could see a no port version though as well. Mag safe charging and cloud syncs. Would wonder how I sync my music on my computer though.

How ironic. I was emptying my pool and I got soaked, so I put my iPhone 11 Pro Max on the table while I finished up. Came back and now its saying Face ID doesnt work anymore. Quick google search and Im assuming its mainboard damage. Camera works, but the "TrueDepth" camera stopped working or is jacked or something. Or Apple remotely killed it and I need to get a new phone. :s00ls:

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I legit do this same routine only I use the charger it comes with. By the time I charge it it’s only at about 49%, charge to full and wear all night and next day. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Oh and you have to disable the battery optimization in the watch battery settings on the watch or it will slow down and stop at 80% like it says here. Use the right cable, fast charging brick and turn off the battery optimization and it charges like super fast. Yeah it’s not awesome for the battery but I usually get a new watch every two gens and my old series 4 is still kicking awesome. Gave it to my 8yo. He wears it to school and loves it.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Oh and you have to disable the battery optimization in the watch battery settings on the watch or it will slow down and stop at 80% like it says here. Use the right cable, fast charging brick and turn off the battery optimization and it charges like super fast. Yeah it’s not awesome for the battery but I usually get a new watch every two gens and my old series 4 is still kicking awesome. Gave it to my 8yo. He wears it to school and loves it.

I’m still on my series 3 ?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Just need to see what the 13’s are going to drop to in price.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF
Exactly all I care about. Snagging a cheap 13 from the FOMO crowd.

Wife’s X is on its last legs. Battery is dead, if you look at it the wrong way the screen goes blank and requires a forced reboot, and just beat up.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I was just looking around for 13's and 13 Pro's to see what the prices dropped to. The 13 Pro's aren't available through Apple anymore, only resellers. Not sure if they stopped because the 14 is out, or just ran out of stock? Can get the 13 and 13 mini, that's it.

Comparing the 13/13 Pro, there really isn't much I need on the Pro version to justify the additional cost. So going to see if I can swing a deal with a carrier to get four 13's.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Use this one with the silver back Apple Watch mag cable that the new series 7 comes with and it will fast charge the watch. It’s like 30 minutes from almost dead to 100%.

View attachment 131534
I have like three or four of these iQ chargers around the house. I really like them for the 20w output, and the ridiculously small size.

I just picked up one of these to consolidate all the chargers I have laying around. I like it because it'll charge my 14" MBP at full speed while charging other devices.

1662655939680.png

1662655976004.png

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Currently have the 11 Pro that I've had since it launched. Battery is down to like 78% max capacity and has died a few times while at work if I was heavy on podcast/music use. Think this has enough new features that make it worth the upgrade.
I checked mine last night and thats the model I currently have as well. Battery is down to 76% not sure if thats normal as its pretty close to yours.
Had our AT&T rep email me last night asking if we were interested in upgrading. Told him to send me pricing, not sure if we get a discount being its a company account.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My 11 Pro Max battery health is 85%. Not too bad if I say so myself. Stinks the TrueTone camera wanted to start playing games. Still not letting me use Face ID, and damn it do you realize how much you used it before when you have to type your passcode in every time just to see a notification.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I checked mine last night and thats the model I currently have as well. Battery is down to 76% not sure if thats normal as its pretty close to yours.
Had our AT&T rep email me last night asking if we were interested in upgrading. Told him to send me pricing, not sure if we get a discount being its a company account.
I know it’s not good to leave the phone on a charger all the time or constantly charging from 70-100% which I did for a year plus when I was working my last job. My phone would just sit on the wireless charger all day.

Think my wife’s 11 pro is around 89% batter health still. But she doesn’t use it as heavily as I do and doesn’t charge it every night.

Reactions: Shawn1112

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I had an 11pro max since launch until a month ago. I upgraded to the 13pro max. The 120hz screen is like game changing. Thats all I can really see vs the 11 pro max in terms of notable differences. I was just mesmerized by the fluid screen animations. Now from the 13pro max to the 14pro max I dont see any value to upgrade. But going to that 13 pro max screen was like WOW. I didnt realize it was that much better. And also the battery is bigger in the 13pro max over the last 11 and 12 pro max and it shows. I wont be getting the new iphone but I might get that new apple watch ultra. Only reason is I really like large face watches and its the biggest its ever been now at 49mm. My current series 7 is 45mm I think. Still think its too small.

Reactions: RedBeard
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info