Apple Event 9/7/22 @ Noon

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I've been reading through a bunch of the reviews and pretty much decided I'm going to look for a stack of 13 Pro's for the family. Probably one 256GB and the rest 128's. The 14 Pro's just don't offer me enough of a reason to pay the premium for a brand new model. I know the 14 Pro has a much better camera, but if I want to take decent photos I have my DSLR's. You just can't compare a tiny cell phone sensor to an APS-C or full frame DSLR/Mirrorless camera.

Reactions: blue-sun

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I've been reading through a bunch of the reviews and pretty much decided I'm going to look for a stack of 13 Pro's for the family. Probably one 256GB and the rest 128's. The 14 Pro's just don't offer me enough of a reason to pay the premium for a brand new model. I know the 14 Pro has a much better camera, but if I want to take decent photos I have my DSLR's. You just can't compare a tiny cell phone sensor to an APS-C or full frame DSLR/Mirrorless camera.
I read that Apple stopped selling them, not sure if that means phone carriers did as well

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I read that Apple stopped selling them, not sure if that means phone carriers did as well
Correct, the only 13's left on Apple's site were the mini and regular 13. I'll be looking at the Apple Refurb site for the 13 Pro's to show up. Or if I can find a reseller that still has them I might go that way. Like stated before, I'd really like to find a carrier that's trying to unload them for new subscribers and pick up four new ones. Won't be holding my breath for that one.

I've bought a few Apple Refurbished items and they've been excellent. They're basically brand new, with full warranties.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
You can still buy 12s and 13s directly from Apple

Reactions: Shawn1112

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Correct, the only 13's left on Apple's site were the mini and regular 13. I'll be looking at the Apple Refurb site for the 13 Pro's to show up. Or if I can find a reseller that still has them I might go that way. Like stated before, I'd really like to find a carrier that's trying to unload them for new subscribers and pick up four new ones. Won't be holding my breath for that one.

I've bought a few Apple Refurbished items and they've been excellent. They're basically brand new, with full warranties.
I have sold lots of phones through Swappa. Think of it like eBay for phones.

Reactions: Shawn1112

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Apple heard the cries and responded. With iOS 16.1 the battery percentage will now show on the smaller screens with a notch. iOS 16.1 is in beta to the developers.

jacques torres innovation GIF by NailedIt

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
There is one major thing I miss from my old Android phones, and that's them using a small LED on the front as a missed item indicator. Would flash when you had a missed call or message. Would be nice if someone would bring that back. Never had to touch the phone to see if you missed something, you could see the LED flashing from across the room. In iOS you can go into the Accessibility options to flash the front LED when you have an incoming call, but nothing for missed items.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
There is one major thing I miss from my old Android phones, and that's them using a small LED on the front as a missed item indicator. Would flash when you had a missed call or message. Would be nice if someone would bring that back. Never had to touch the phone to see if you missed something, you could see the LED flashing from across the room. In iOS you can go into the Accessibility options to flash the front LED when you have an incoming call, but nothing for missed items.
have you looked into a custom shortcut? I've played with them very little a while ago, not sure if it's possible to do.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yes, wasn't able to get the options to do it.

The old phones had a dedicated LED for the notifications. IIRC they were even a different color based on what it was. Like missed call/voicemail as blue, text was red, etc. I guess with everyone pushing for an "always on" lock screen it won't matter anymore.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Yes, wasn't able to get the options to do it.

The old phones had a dedicated LED for the notifications. IIRC they were even a different color based on what it was. Like missed call/voicemail as blue, text was red, etc. I guess with everyone pushing for an "always on" lock screen it won't matter anymore.
Get an Apple Watch and it’ll vibrate.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Sounds like you should, and that will solve your boomer LED missed alert flash.
Man, you just had to go and shit in the thread with a boomer comment. Couldn't help yourself, could ya? You can't expect people to have a secondary object, like a watch just to see missed notifications without having to pick up the phone. You probably like having a 10 year old lightning connector too. ?
Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Man, you just had to go and shit in the thread with a boomer comment. Couldn't help yourself, could ya? You can't expect people to have a secondary object, like a watch just to see missed notifications without having to pick up the phone. You probably like having a 10 year old lightning connector too. ?
Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco
I actually like the days I forget to charge my watch. I'll look at my phone once every few hours. And realize, nothing is that important that I need instant notifications/gratification/satisfaction.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I actually like the days I forget to charge my watch. I'll look at my phone once every few hours. And realize, nothing is that important that I need instant notifications/gratification/satisfaction.
See, that's just it. If I'm doing something where I'm not wearing my watch, such as wrenching on something or if my hands/arms are in a confined space I'd like to be able to just walk past the phone or look across the room and see if I missed something important. Such as a call from the g/f telling me she's on her way home from work, and then shows up three hours later cause the commute is only 35 minutes :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
See, that's just it. If I'm doing something where I'm not wearing my watch, such as wrenching on something or if my hands/arms are in a confined space I'd like to be able to just walk past the phone or look across the room and see if I missed something important. Such as a call from the g/f telling me she's on her way home from work, and then shows up three hours later cause the commute is only 35 minutes :LOL:
Why is your phone not in your pocket? Aside from sleeping or showering, my phone is always there for me.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Sometime I like to run around naked. Tired of using the ol' prison wallet to carry the phone.

Seriously though, there are a lot of times I just don't want to be carrying it.
it's like a wallet/keys. When I'm not at home, they're in my pockets at all times.

When I come home, wallet and keys get put away but I keep the phone handy since we don't have a landline, so keeping the cell close to me is necessary, so it goes in my pocket.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info