Apple Event 9/7/22 @ Noon

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I had an 11pro max since launch until a month ago. I upgraded to the 13pro max. The 120hz screen is like game changing. Thats all I can really see vs the 11 pro max in terms of notable differences. I was just mesmerized by the fluid screen animations. Now from the 13pro max to the 14pro max I dont see any value to upgrade. But going to that 13 pro max screen was like WOW. I didnt realize it was that much better. And also the battery is bigger in the 13pro max over the last 11 and 12 pro max and it shows. I wont be getting the new iphone but I might get that new apple watch ultra. Only reason is I really like large face watches and its the biggest its ever been now at 49mm. My current series 7 is 45mm I think. Still think its too small.
I’ll give you $150 for the series 7 :s00ls:

Reactions: ZXMustang

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I had an 11pro max since launch until a month ago. I upgraded to the 13pro max. The 120hz screen is like game changing. Thats all I can really see vs the 11 pro max in terms of notable differences. I was just mesmerized by the fluid screen animations. Now from the 13pro max to the 14pro max I dont see any value to upgrade. But going to that 13 pro max screen was like WOW. I didnt realize it was that much better. And also the battery is bigger in the 13pro max over the last 11 and 12 pro max and it shows. I wont be getting the new iphone but I might get that new apple watch ultra. Only reason is I really like large face watches and its the biggest its ever been now at 49mm. My current series 7 is 45mm I think. Still think its too small.
I didn’t even realize that has changed since I payed no attention to the 12/13 since I was fine with my 11. That’ll be a sick upgrade.

Reactions: Fish

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I wonder if I should step up to the 512gb model before I place my order. Have a 256 that’s at 211gb used right now.
I jumped up from 512GB to 1TB because I anticipate that the file size of pics and vids would be much greater than what they are currently on my iPhoneX. I could have probably gotten away with the 512 but I'd be pruning back my pics more often.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I jumped up from 512GB to 1TB because I anticipate that the file size of pics and vids would be much greater than what they are currently on my iPhoneX. I could have probably gotten away with the 512 but I'd be pruning back my pics more often.
Yeah I imagine the RAW images will take more space. But looks like my issue was old podcasts on Spotify I’ve forgotten to delete and then I have 40gb of downloaded YouTube videos for when I’m traveling.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
On with xfinity mobile, I was having issues pre-ordering online so having them do it. It would do my upgrade fine, I hit continue shopping to do the wifes and I'd get an error message and then only my phone showed up in the cart.

My work blocks their ordering site (but not the main xfinity mobile site). Been on hold/with the agent for 25 mins now, but at least they're almost done.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
we take lots of pics, so better camera = larger file sizes. It's just better to have a bigger HDD for us. We have the iCloud storage for pics, so they get uploaded but I'd rather have more HDD space.

xfinity agent was having issues, said she'll call me back in 10-15 mins to complete the pre-order.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
we take lots of pics, so better camera = larger file sizes. It's just better to have a bigger HDD for us. We have the iCloud storage for pics, so they get uploaded but I'd rather have more HDD space.

xfinity agent was having issues, said she'll call me back in 10-15 mins to complete the pre-order.
Not to be pedantic, but the phones use solid state memory, not spinning hard drives ?

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Couldn’t just order through Apple?

xfinity mobile doesn't show up as an available carrier. I know we are the same network as Verizon, but I didn't want to chance it not working, so I opted to order through xfinity to be on the safe side.

Also, I didn't change the default color on my order, so we're both getting purple. I'm on hold to see if they can change it to white or black, but if not, purple is fine.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Man, I wish I had these TCGStacksOfCash that y'all have to order these $1000+ phones.

Pro Max with 1TB, $1599.
Jaw Drop.gif

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
xfinity mobile doesn't show up as an available carrier. I know we are the same network as Verizon, but I didn't want to chance it not working, so I opted to order through xfinity to be on the safe side.

Also, I didn't change the default color on my order, so we're both getting purple. I'm on hold to see if they can change it to white or black, but if not, purple is fine.
got someone on the phone, he cancelled the wrong order. So wife's phone didn't get cancelled and my purple one is still a valid order.

Now gotta deal with that later. Gonna see if we can order mine and have the esim's switched on the phones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info