Apocalypse Investment thread.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
One thing to keep in mind.... DO NOT let emotion play you for a fool. It's not hard for it to do so when you start seeing a lot of RED.

That is one thing I THINK I'll have under control. I'm used to riding out volatility in my day-to-day dealings. I was sitting on about $60,000 cost worth of inventory when the COVID pandemic set in... as the economy went in the shitter and prices were dropping I purchased more inventory. Was a tight couple months but now that things are leveling out that risk rewarded itself. I guess the point is I'm not afraid to ride out hard times.

For reference as to how little I know, I just had to google what a P/E Ratio is. I know jack shit about what I'm doing. I also know I've lost more than $1,000 on a Tuesday at GVC so I'm not afraid to take some risks.

As far as the penny stocks go, I'm not seeing a lot of that listed on Robinhood. Hell, half the stocks I've looked up haven't been listed. I don't even know where to go about finding that information in the first place to know WHAT to invest in.

Reactions: importcrew

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
That is one thing I THINK I'll have under control. I'm used to riding out volatility in my day-to-day dealings. I was sitting on about $60,000 cost worth of inventory when the COVID pandemic set in... as the economy went in the shitter and prices were dropping I purchased more inventory. Was a tight couple months but now that things are leveling out that risk rewarded itself. I guess the point is I'm not afraid to ride out hard times.

For reference, I just had to google what a P/E Ratio is. I know jack shit about what I'm doing. I also know I've lost more than $1,000 on a Tuesday at GVC so I'm not afraid to take some risks.
Sounds like you'll do fine. If I were to let my emotions take over, I'd miss out on that 6k profit from the one stock. When it immediately went to $500 in the red, I was ready to pull out, take the loss, and jump on something else. But I thought rationally and stuck to the plan I had in place. The following week, it scored to $6.

When people sell, you buy. That's what I do. It's an opportunity if you believe the company is worth more than what the current price per share is at. If you go in the red, you can average down. So let's say you have X amount of shares of xyz @ $1/share then it went down 50 cents. You can then buy more shares at that lower price to bring your average cost per share down and help you out when the stock goes up.

Reactions: Outlaw

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I've been playing heavy with risky stocks lately. The first week of one of them, I dropped almost 1k off the bat, but the following week or so, I made 6k. All last week was pretty much bearish for me except Friday when stocks bounced back. Thinking of buying over 1000 shares of some "penny" stocks that has a chance of it going towards a couple dollars.

I'm assuming that was the Luckin Coffee you mentioned earlier in the thread? Sounds like you had one hell of a run!

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Yes sir! Lol. Sell high, wait for the dip, buy back in. I believe this stock will shoot back up close to or around $10 with some good news. There's lots of talk of delistment and the fraud they committed.... But when things settle, it'll shoot up. Nowhere near where they used to be ($50/share) but I can see around $20ish in the future.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Robinhood user here, jumped in late March and put some money into stocks when there were at the low or lowest. Picked up some good long term buys, and been adding in a few dollars here and there picking up a few more low purchases.

Wish I knew more about the trends, market volume etc and know what is the next big stock to buy for the day. Been reading, educating myself and doing some research on a few sites, forums and apps.

Latest purchase was Nikola, not going to be a Tesla but I have turned a excellent profit so far.

I have been researching stocks where they pay dividends where I can re-invest the profits back into the stocks.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I’ve never tried playing penny stocks. Seems too risky to me. I’ve made the majority of my money in tech stocks. Apple, nvidia, etc

I have a few shares of tech stocks and they're doing pretty good. To me, they're a "safer" bet. I made an okay profit off Netflix before selling it. I also had Amazon, but sold it as it was too slow moving for what I wanted. I know the company was going to go further up before an analyst from Bank of America said its worth was about $3k/share but it was just hovering around the price I bought in at. I think I made $50 before selling it and dumping it into Luckin Coffee.

There's a couple other penny stocks I'm in and one or two I'm looking at for a possible buy in on premarket Monday morning. Hell, Hertz did well from where it went after they announced bankruptcy. To bad I didn't buy into that. One stock I have allegedly might merge (or get bought out) by another company. If that's the case, then the price will skyrocket.

The only stock I purchased thus far was 20 shares of ALTG, which is a heavy equip rental/sales company. They just went public in February.

A few others on my radar

Zoominfo
Chesapeake energy (risky)
Nabors Industries

CHK.... I briefly had some money in there for a few shares. I had 100 shares before they did a reverse split. Ended up losing a few dollars on that move. Then it went up and down for a bit and last week (or was it the week before) where it spiked to about $79/share then falling back down to current price.

Would have been nice if I still had the shares when it spiked.

Robinhood user here, jumped in late March and put some money into stocks when there were at the low or lowest. Picked up some good long term buys, and been adding in a few dollars here and there picking up a few more low purchases.

Wish I knew more about the trends, market volume etc and know what is the next big stock to buy for the day. Been reading and educating myself and some research on a few sites and forums and apps.

Latest purchase was Nikola, not going to be a Tesla but I have turned a excellent profit so far.

I have been researching stocks where they pay dividends where I can re-invest the profits back into the stocks.
Look at Webull. Plenty of information to be had in the comments section of each ticker. It's what gives me a "feel" of how other "small" investors are reacting to the news, data, and any other information. Plus you can always ask questions and there will be people who will respond and give input. If you want DRIP (dividend reinvestment) then I'd suggest to "sign up" with it in Robinhood. You have to have fractional shares and drip turned on (there should be a link somewhere in the app to get notified when it's available to you). That way any dividends gets put back into the same stock.

Reactions: frank

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Will be looking into Webull, I like that they have a chat option which robinhood is missing out on.

I just started with the fractional shares that robinhood offers, nice to be able to buy a little at a time and not drop like $1000 on amazon or Tesla at once.
Since you have fractional on Robinhood, if you want, you can do drip (dividend reinvestment).

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Bumping this old thread. Anyone see Pfizer release details on a covid vaccine with 90% effectiveness? Also BNTX as well is releasing favorable news. I bought some stock in Pfizer so we'll see where that goes today given that news.

I was originally thinking of investing in them when they were around twenty something per share. To bad I didn't. There's also another pharmaceutical company company that has positive trials from their oral medication for certain leukemia patients.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Seen it on the news this morning could turn out good. I also find it hard for myself to invest in pharmaceutical companies as one minute they found the end all be all cure and few days later it turns out to be nothing and the stock tanks, been watching a few just in case.

cough cough live nation stock cough cough watch that one.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I had picked up quite a bit of simon property group (malls) and chevron stock back in august. Finally paid off yesterday and today with the vaccine news. Simon went up like 28% on one day. Chevron jumped and continues to climb.
Other than this, I’ve been a terrible individual stock investor. Haha

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I had picked up quite a bit of simon property group (malls) and chevron stock back in august. Finally paid off yesterday and today with the vaccine news. Simon went up like 28% on one day. Chevron jumped and continues to climb.
Other than this, I’ve been a terrible individual stock investor. Haha
I was thinking of Simon but then it slipped my mind. I'm still in a couple long term stocks that have been gradually going up with about 2500 shares into one company and about 1200 on another company that is ahead of competition in Lidar and AR technology.

Reactions: frank

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Doesn't seem anybody has been in here for a while. Let me talk about a stock that I'm in heavy. It's called MicroVision (MVIS). A company that has been in business for several decades (founded in 1993). A brief summary of the company is that they have several verticals. A couple of the big verticals being AR/VR, and Lidar. With the AR/VR vertical, the company has a product that is actually used in Microsoft's Hololens 2 glasses and Microsoft has a contract with the U.S. Army for IVAS (Integrated Visual Augmentation System). Basically Call of Duty kind of helmets with augmented displays of maps, enemy locations, ect. Here's a Reddit link for a kind of overview of what has been happening from 2020 to now.
---> Key Points on Journey to Date <---
---> Integrated Visual Augmentation System <---

The other big vertical (Lidar) will also be big for the company. You have many companies making Lidar sensors. Big, bulky, expensive, ect. MicroVision has one (yet to be released) that is smaller, cheaper, easier to manufacture, and faster. Here's a video of what their Lidar is capable of. Keep in mind that April, they will complete a consumer ready product for top tier 1 OEMs.
---> MicroVision Automotive Lidar Video <---

Also keep in mind that it has been stated that the company is for sale. That's their main plan. They want to be bought out and their working with top tier 1 OEM companies to maximize shareholder value. I started watching this company back when it was sub $1 pps (price per share). I got in when it went up to about $1.25. I did sell at a peak and bought back in at a dip (scalping). However, when it dipped after my profit taking, I just accumulated more shares and in several different portfolios. People believe the company is close to being sold with the possibility of it being this year, however, that's speculative. The price has increased from when I got in, and just recently in December ran up to almost $10/share, got short attacked, profit takers selling, and it's working it's way back up with HUGE support being around $5. Currently, it's estimated that for every billion that is offered to the company, it equates to about $6.60 per share. So if the company gets bought out for $10B, that would equate to roughly $66/share. There has been offers which the company has turned down as they know that the company it worth much more than that.

EDIT: I added a video of the IVAS

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Been doing just a few trades here and there, trying to pick up some under performing companies that have the opportunity to pick back up in 2021 or after the election with lower price evaluation. Lots of movement with mergers and acquisitions. Hope to see some more gains from the stocks I grabbed back in March at the bottom.

thanks for the lead on mvis and Reddit has been a good resource of data for stock picks, at least for me it has.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Been doing just a few trades here and there, trying to pick up some under performing companies that have the opportunity to pick back up in 2021 or after the election with lower price evaluation. Lots of movement with mergers and acquisitions. Hope to see some more gains from the stocks I grabbed back in March at the bottom.

thanks for the lead on mvis and Reddit has been a good resource of data for stock picks, at least for me it has.

With MVIS I was using StockTwits and Reddit for DD. Then a TA (technical analyst) created his own discord and I just stayed there for mostly MVIS. He also puts out a watch list for other stocks with his charting skills and has been extremely accurate.

As for breakouts.... I did do a sub penny stock and got in at 4 cents and 7 cents (2 portfolios) and threw in a few hundred in one and about 1200 on the other. The stock ran up to shy of 36 cents. Made some really good gains off that. I did just get back into it for the long term as it's a company that merged and is using block chain to do p2p transfers no matter where at in the world with about a 1% fee. Later on this quarter or next, they'll change their ticker which even that I expect a slight increase in the share and then might scalp that as well.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
WTF is going on with gamestop GME???

Suspicious as fuck

Screenshot_20210111-152718.png

Thread Info