Apocalypse Investment thread.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
It ran today because they added 3 new board members.
To add to this, it ran up again yesterday because people are banking on the future outlook of Gamestop with the 3 new board members and made a short squeeze.

A general idea of what a short squeeze is, people borrow shares at a price and sell it in the market. Major selling creates a drop in price. When the price goes lower, those people who borrowed now has to buy those shares back and cover their position (return the borrowed shares). They keep the price difference from when they sold high and bought the shares back low (minus fees).

You know what happens if people don't panic sell, and buying pressure outweighs the selling pressure when a bunch of people try shorting a stock.... Price flies high because those people who borrowed are losing quick and they need to cover which in turn is creating more buying pressure. So the price "squeezes" up tremendously.

That is what appeared to happen yesterday.

Reactions: willsmysticcobra

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Speaking about that short squeeze I was talking about with Gamestop.... This is primarily the reason why it's running hard. GameStop hit as high as $160 during intraday trading yesterday. Around when the SPY dropped, Gamestop's price dropped down to around $70ish and started making its way back up again.

"Why Has GameStop's Stock Gone Up So High Recently? | Time" https://time.com/5933242/gamestop-stock-gme/?amp=true

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
It hit $244 after hours lmao. I really wish I knew more about this shit.

1C6FD0D0-9EF7-4B6D-9429-FFE5D6BE784B.png

Reactions: TonzKnock-G

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Why do you have to know anything? Just grab meme stocks and dump when you see the whales getting out.

Mainly because I’m never paying close enough attention to see when something is on an upward trajectory before I feel like I’m in the FOMO stage, nor am I paying close enough attention to the prices to see when it’s time to get out.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Apparently they are fucking with AMC today, with the goal of ruining all of Melvin Capital's shorts.....

I don't think it's Melvin per se. They're just tired of all the short play manipulations. I got hit hard from Sabby on a play. I'd love to see them get hit with a huge loss. Lol.

Thread Info