Apocalypse Investment thread.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
importcrew importcrew

Whats your "alright thats good enough" total return percentage sell point?

About to hit +200% on one of mine, might dump lol
It's all personal preference. Don't be greedy is the saying. Once you find yourself saying "just a little higher", then it's probably time to pull. I've done it so many times and lost out on a lot of gains. Left plenty of money on the table because I wanted to be greedy.

As for AMC: AMC is working their way back up. I lost $900 on my shares. Tried putting a market order to sell when I was green, but damn volatility wouldn't execute. Finally executed on a halt down and lost almost $1k. Good thing is, my call option can make that back and then some profits.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Just set a stop sale if it drops from where you're at.....
Or a "trailing Stop" if your broker has that option. A trailing stop is when the stock goes up, the stop order follows. If you set up a 10% trailing stop, and the price keeps going up, then good. If it drops 10% from that top, it'll trigger and set a market order to sell.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Or a "trailing Stop" if your broker has that option. A trailing stop is when the stock goes up, the stop order follows. If you set up a 10% trailing stop, and the price keeps going up, then good. If it drops 10% from that top, it'll trigger and set a market order to sell.
I'll have to look if Schwab offers that....I didn't know about that! Definitely the best option!!

I usually just set stop sells once I start to get nice gains and then monitor to buy back in.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
importcrew importcrew

Whats your "alright thats good enough" total return percentage sell point?

About to hit +200% on one of mine, might dump lol
Another point to keep in mind, if you know how to read charts then you can keep an eye on the charts and determine when to pull out. If the volume starts slowing down, if it's the RSI is too hot, if there's a death cross, ect. Usually when a couple or more bearish indicators pop up, then pull out.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Another point to keep in mind, if you know how to read charts then you can keep an eye on the charts and determine when to pull out. If the volume starts slowing down, if it's the RSI is too hot, if there's a death cross, ect. Usually when a couple or more bearish indicators pop up, then pull out.
Since ill be working from home, i may get into trading on the side since ill be able to keep a closer eye.

Gonna have to do some reading. Thanks for the info

Reactions: importcrew

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
is Nokia next?
I actually sold my Nokia Calls and shares yesterday for a few hundred dollar profit. Didn't want to hold so figured I'll make my profit for the day.

Also with me being HEAVY into MVIS, I also bought another 500 shares this morning on the dip to ride it up and take profits.

Reactions: frank and radioguy6

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Since ill be working from home, i may get into trading on the side since ill be able to keep a closer eye.

Gonna have to do some reading. Thanks for the info

I can link you to a discord if you'd like. It's heavy about MVIS, but there's plenty of tutorials and plenty of stocks to look at. They do also have a premium service which the main guy bases his charts of momentum. So he's more of a swing trader. Day trading, I have a certain setup on my charts. Swing/Momentum trades, I do the same setup as the Discord guy. Works great.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I actually sold my Nokia Calls and shares yesterday for a few hundred dollar profit. Didn't want to hold so figured I'll make my profit for the day.

Also with me being HEAVY into MVIS, I also bought another 500 shares this morning on the dip to ride it up and take profits.

Its currently leaving the station :rofl:

• Wow
Reactions: importcrew

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I'm so fucking pissed. I tried to buy AMC last night at $6 but robinhood didn't give me extended hours so I signed up for webull but i still don't have extended hours and of course it opened at 17 so i got it at 16 and now it's down. AMC earning is on friday so it's a hold for me.
Sold some gamestop yesterday and made about $50, still holding onto $40 or so. Watching BB but not putting money into it. I think webull has 2 free shares for the invite and minimal deposit of $100 you get 2 more. I got 2 shares of $3 each but says delivery won't be until 2/16

Seems while these are going up crypto is going down.

Here are my referrals if you want us both to get 2 free shares
Robinhood
https://join.robinhood.com/paulp1410

Webull

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'm so fucking pissed. I tried to buy AMC last night at $6 but robinhood didn't give me extended hours so I signed up for webull but i still don't have extended hours and of course it opened at 17 so i got it at 16 and now it's down. AMC earning is on friday so it's a hold for me.
Sold some gamestop yesterday and made about $50, still holding onto $40 or so. Watching BB but not putting money into it. I think webull has 2 free shares for the invite and minimal deposit of $100 you get 2 more. I got 2 shares of $3 each but says delivery won't be until 2/16

Seems while these are going up crypto is going down.

Here are my referrals if you want us both to get 2 free shares
Robinhood
https://join.robinhood.com/paulp1410

Webull

When placing your trades, did you make sure to mark it as "extended" hours? Anytime you put in an order during pre-market, or after-hours, you have to make sure to execute with "extended" hours.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
When placing your trades, did you make sure to mark it as "extended" hours? Anytime you put in an order during pre-market, or after-hours, you have to make sure to execute with "extended" hours.
Robinhood said was too volatile and the trade would be executed when the market opens. With webull it wouldn't allow me to turn on extended trading hours. Not sure if i need to apply for it?

Thread Info