3800 - Ford GT blower swap

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
It's the one I linked earlier. EMP WP29 Electric Water Pump | eBay

That guy got a batch of them somehow or other and is accepting $250 offers. That listing is for the non current limited one, the exact one lingenfelter sells here:
Stewart EMP High Volume Intercooler Pump W/Lingenfelter Programming: Lingenfelter Performance Engineering

Yah I saw those... just wanted to look at the MFG's website and noticed
they are no longer available. Wanted to see if they had PDF/Manuals/ect
to looky-loo at.

25 Amp maximum draw .... yah gonna skip that for now.

I can't even turn my headlights and air on at same time without the car wanting to die.

Between the eliminator fuel pump, IC pump, vac pump, electric water pump and
fuel cooler fan .... i'm out of juice.

I need to beef up the electrical while also reducing some of the draw on the
system.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Yeah, there is a pdf manual available. http://www.lingenfelter.com/PDFdownloads/E2512A.pdf

The limited version is 9 amp draw. Realistically you'd never see 25 amps unless you dead-ended the outlet. Current draw is going to be mostly based on pressure.

When I have the car apart and feel like looking at it... ill entertain it.
Right now its getting 0kr so I can't see any reason to up the flow if
its holding up. If i was having KR issues i'd be more pressed.. But even on
90* + days at 24psi, it was 0kr. Cooler temps would still be a bonus but
I am more concerned about noise and amps then anything right now :)

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
I do want to get a new pump due to it being loud. Seems every
Meziere pump ive delt with is just a noisy bastard. Plus draws 5-6 amps.

Would be nice to find something quit and less amp draw but
equal to or better flow if going to do be doing it.

Bosch pumps are quite, but dont think those flow the GPM that is needed.

Zzp used to sell the speed controllers for ic pumps. You could could probably grab any 2 speed trigger pwm fuel pump controller and throttle the pump down off boost when it's not doing too much. I was gonna do that myself eventually too extend the life of the ic system but haven't gotten around to it since there's a hundred other more important things right now

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
I found a reasonable online seller for material any damn size you want they cut. I'm seriously thinkin about adding a 2.5" plate in the middle of the sandwich and change my intercooler to 4.5" thick.
I must find somebody who can add a custom cowl to my hood. I have a friend thats a pro painter who can do that part.

What in the actual fuck is this. Zeph, you've been 1upped by Codith. Now you need to use a helicopter turbine or some shit for forced induction.

I think the blowers are practically identical displacement. His is just a twin screw and mine's a "twin vortices series".

Edit:

I AM jealous of the twin throttle body plan. And will be jealous if he ends up with a huge intercooler...but I've got "other" ideas in that department.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I found a reasonable online seller for material any damn size you want they cut. I'm seriously thinkin about adding a 2.5" plate in the middle of the sandwich and change my intercooler to 4.5" thick.
I must find somebody who can add a custom cowl to my hood. I have a friend thats a pro painter who can do that part.

Would you mind spilling your source? I'm looking for the same thing.

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
There's very few rules to running a hood in the first place. In this case, make the thing happen, make it pretty afterwards. KnowhwatIsayin?

:obama: ...................OKAY

Here's the revised core as BIC final blueprinted it for me. I've made the additions & tweaks to my assembly which is now going to be 5" tall and probably change the weight distribution of the car appreciably lol

Somebody on rivperformance.com actually did up a cowl that looks really good a couple years ago. If I could pull off something like that, this would be a win and a half!

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
Looking at my core blueprint there, do you think I'm going to have trouble getting trapped air out of the core with the coolant pipes on the bottom? I intended to have the core that way so the hoses come in & out lower and I have some more height to the reservoir but It wouldn't be a big deal to change it so the tubes are at the top.

Also jdredd, what kind of thermocouple setup do you have to sample inlet/outlet temps? (I'm assuming that's what it is anyway)

Looking at my core blueprint there, do you think I'm going to have trouble getting trapped air out of the core with the coolant pipes on the bottom? I intended to have the core that way so the hoses come in & out lower and I have some more height to the reservoir but It wouldn't be a big deal to change it so the tubes are at the top.

Also jdredd, what kind of thermocouple setup do you have to sample inlet/outlet temps? (I'm assuming that's what it is anyway)

Probably. The stock IC circuit on my mercedes is terrible like that. It has bleeders on both intercoolers, and it still takes HOURS (not exaggerating) to get the system bled if you don't use a vacuum pump. Flow through the system is significantly reduced if you have any air in it. It won't be as big an issue so long as the pump is drawing right from a reservoir, but it is a huge deal in a closed system that doesn't have a reservoir/excess water capacity. Like in the stock mercedes setup, it draws right through the heat exchanger, pumps through the intercoolers, right back into the heat exchanger.

It's a sealed system and tends to push coolant out when things are warm, then of course builds vacuum as it cools, but does not have an expansion tank like normal cooling systems so it either draws air in if your cap is bad or loose, or just collapses hoses. Really the only way to fix that system is to add an expansion tank and traditional radiator cap and either incorporate a continuous bleed from the intercooler bleed ports, or vacuum fill the system and just never open the cap.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014

http://www.bimmerworld.com/Gauges-D...iKt3jjZg-1s--6dLgKm0Fb1iIycSw_3_YQxoCWhzw_wcB

This is what is used...

For the actual "thermocouple probes" I am unsure of currently.. if using the ones it came with or otherwise.
I assume what the kit comes with.

Last edited:

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014

Here's the revised core as BIC final blueprinted it for me. I've made the additions & tweaks to my assembly which is now going to be 5" tall and probably change the weight distribution of the car appreciably lol

Somebody on rivperformance.com actually did up a cowl that looks really good a couple years ago. If I could pull off something like that, this would be a win and a half!

I'm not to familiar with HBody styles... but may need more cowl.

IMG_2593_zps3ipppycx.jpg

With the 3" intercooler setup, still needed to cut out a section on the
underside to clear the pulley nicely.

The other option is I still have my old 2" cradle spacers and bolts if a small cowl doesn't do it. $100 for the set with bolts. Minimum order quantity on those longer bolts was 25 so I have plenty, lol. Or if you want to try a temporary solution to see how it fits, hockey pucks are 1" thick and the perfect diameter, just drill a hole. They don't hold up though, they will bulge and eventually crack and fall out of there.

My biggest issue was clearance on the throttle body area since the hood slopes down towards the front if the bay and my throttle comes off the SC at a 90. You shouldn't have as much of an issue with yours but it's still going to be a chore with that intercooler.

100percentjake

Addicted to bad ideas
Apr 19, 2016

Jaguar air vents or go home.

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
SPA Digital Intercooler In / Intercooler Out Gauge

This is what is used...

For the actual "thermocouple probes" I am unsure of currently.. if using the ones it came with or otherwise.
I assume what the kit comes with.

Do you know if that system has outputs to let you datalog? I do like the neatness of that a lot but I have absolutely no room for more gauges haha. It looks like an alien spaceship cockpit as it is. I'll have to keep looking around. I can definitely fit up to 5mm or 1/4" or 1/16npt threaded probes comfortably in my intercooler house. A lot of them have probe bodies smaller than that with huge threaded fittings - really irritating

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info