yo ford truck brah's. 2016 5.0 F150... which supercharger kit?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i feel like the 5.0 makes enough torque down low to not really have an issue "being a truck"

either way, he wound up keeping his 6.7 ccsb too soooo he still has a truck to do truck things

If I was building a 1/2 mile car, or a roll racer, centri all the way, but more than likely twins...but for towing, PD all the way. That torque curve on that whipple is just so fucking sexy...yeah that specific one is giving up some peak torque over the procharger, but it's average over the entire rev range is just awesome, and especially for towing, I'd think you'd want good power over the rev range vs. great power above 4K, and OK power below, but that's just me.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
killing the procharger?

:rofl:

you make it sound like procharger vs roots here is the difference between an ebay electric supercharger and a 4.2L whipple :rofl:

Yes, do to the design of the two blowers the Whipple will make much more torque down low at the same peak boost levels. Because it makes a lot more boost down low. Did you see the power delivery of the two on the graphs you posted?

I see you didn't answer my question either. So I take it you don't know the peak boost numbers for those graphs or you don't want to say as it doesn't help push your Procharger agenda.

Comparing the graphs for specific numbers is silly when you don't know what either of those graphs represent. You don't know the fuel they were on, the peak boost numbers, timing at peak torque, timing at peak HP, if the graphs are STD or SAE, so on and so forth. The only thing those graphs are good for is the fact they show typical TQ & HP of each style blower.

We get it, you want him to buy a Procharger and that is what you are pushing. That is fine and dandy. But don't laugh at the fact that a whipple will make way more torque down low when compared to a Procharger. Because no one in their right mind will discount what torque the Whipple will make over a Centrifugal blower.

I have no hate for Centrifugal blowers. In many applications, they are the way to go. A DD truck isn't one of those applications that I would say they are ideal.

Also, I have known many street cars and race cars that had failed Prochargers. Most of those people said they would rather deal with Comcast than deal with Procharger. ProCharger owns has the large blower game. No doubt. Doesn't change the fact, that besides a bearing and seal rebuild, they will tell you to buy a new headunit. Standard procedure for them. All those people I know that had Prochargers, besides a couple of racers sponsored by them, now have turbo cars. Was an easy decision for them to cut ties and run. I guess you guy can just hope that he sells the truck before the thing fails.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
@Kay Jay

What rear end gear and tires on this truck? Because if he has the 275/60/18 tires and 3.55 gear he is looking at like 130 mph in 3rd gear. If he has the 275/55/20 he is looking at 132 mph at the top of 3rd gear. Even with the 3.73 gears he is looing at 126 mph at the top of 3rd. Rev it to 7800 or so and it gets even higher.

So is he really going to be that high in the rpm that often? Maybe 1st and 2nd gear? I doubt he will be doing 125+ mph too often to make use of the peak hp of the Procharger. Heck, even in 1st gear he would have to be doing 35mph before that fat part of the hp curve comes in.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yes, do to the design of the two blowers the Whipple will make much more torque down low at the same peak boost levels. Because it makes a lot more boost down low. Did you see the power delivery of the two on the graphs you posted?

I see you didn't answer my question either. So I take it you don't know the peak boost numbers for those graphs or you don't want to say as it doesn't help push your Procharger agenda.

Comparing the graphs for specific numbers is silly when you don't know what either of those graphs represent. You don't know the fuel they were on, the peak boost numbers, timing at peak torque, timing at peak HP, if the graphs are STD or SAE, so on and so forth. The only thing those graphs are good for is the fact they show typical TQ & HP of each style blower.

We get it, you want him to buy a Procharger and that is what you are pushing. That is fine and dandy. But don't laugh at the fact that a whipple will make way more torque down low when compared to a Procharger. Because no one in their right mind will discount what torque the Whipple will make over a Centrifugal blower.

I have no hate for Centrifugal blowers. In many applications, they are the way to go. A DD truck isn't one of those applications that I would say they are ideal.

Also, I have known many street cars and race cars that had failed Prochargers. Most of those people said they would rather deal with Comcast than deal with Procharger. ProCharger owns has the large blower game. No doubt. Doesn't change the fact, that besides a bearing and seal rebuild, they will tell you to buy a new headunit. Standard procedure for them. All those people I know that had Prochargers, besides a couple of racers sponsored by them, now have turbo cars. Was an easy decision for them to cut ties and run. I guess you guy can just hope that he sells the truck before the thing fails.

#prattbatmanlogo

glad i got you hot and bothered by this.

i just didn't take the time to reply to every one of your silly questions, because frankly I didn't care to :rofl:

the procharger was at 8.5 psi, 91 octane, the whipple was on 91 octane as well, at i dont know yet how much boost, but im looking to satisfy you :hsugh:

we get it, you nutswing over what you believe, and if someone disagrees with you, they are the worst.

and again, i personally have shipped prochargers back to procharger and it was seriously painless.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Also, because you mentioned you couldn't find a TVS comparison I grabbed this as it was easy to find on here. Angel's 2015 GT with a MVP TVS kit on 11 psi. Not nearly as stout as the Whipple kits due to it's size. For comparison sake.

f1e4b23e3f2e100e36f05ab9870a3ce0.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
the whipple kits are 8psi out of the box.

so the graphs are 8psi vs 8.5 psi both on 91 octane.

id personally give up 30whp and 40wtq at 2600rpm for 80whp at 5800.

I wouldn't trade off the torque. That is one heavy pig to get moving. The torque on demand, at any speed, will be nice to get the thing accelerating. Pulley change and it will make the same hp with way more average torque. Sure, you can pulley up the Procharger as well. But torque just isn't going to be there. That is why companies came up with wastegates to try and help centrifugal blowers to make more torque down low. Must be a demand for more torque with these centrifugal blowers. Otherwise, why would they bother?

Like I said, I am sure he will be plenty happy with the Procharger's power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info