yo ford truck brah's. 2016 5.0 F150... which supercharger kit?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I would pick a TVS over a centrifugal for a street drive, daily driven style, truck. Sure the Procharger is cheaper and makes great peak numbers. But the torque of the TVS would be very helpful in a truck that isn't going to see 5500+ rpm a lot. More opportunities to have useful boost at lower rpm with the TVS. Plus the VMP TVS can make 600 rwhp as well. I have seen much more in Mustang applications. 9 second HP kind of power. But yes, cost will be more with this set up. The Roush kit may qualify for warranty as well.

oh, Paxton > Procharger as well. Seen way too many people have issues with Prochargers. They send it in and have Procharger tell them the repairs cost more than the head unit new. So here is your full price headunit replacement cost.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I would pick a TVS over a centrifugal for a street drive, daily driven style, truck. Sure the Procharger is cheaper and makes great peak numbers. But the torque of the TVS would be very helpful in a truck that isn't going to see 5500+ rpm a lot. More opportunities to have useful boost at lower rpm with the TVS. Plus the VMP TVS can make 600 rwhp as well. I have seen much more in Mustang applications. 9 second HP kind of power. But yes, cost will be more with this set up. The Roush kit may qualify for warranty as well.

oh, Paxton > Procharger as well. Seen way too many people have issues with Prochargers. They send it in and have Procharger tell them the repairs cost more than the head unit new. So here is your full price headunit replacement cost.

cost isn't really an issue, the procharger and roush setups are within a few hundred dollars of eachother...

this truck will see 5500+ rpm quite often actually im thinking :rofl:

roush kit does qualify for warranty if you have it installed by roush dealer.

paxton doesn't make a direct bolt on complete kit for 15/16 f150's.

i've already sent units back to procharger to get rebuilt, wasn't bad at all and turnaround time was acceptable.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so i took the info from these two graphs and graphed my own to see just how different the curves are: (whipple vs stock vs procharger)

whipple they made the pull go over 6k.... procharger the pull ended before that...

2015%20F150%20Whipple%2029L%20System%20Dyno%2000.jpg

29-2015-ford-f150-procharger-p-1sc-1.jpg

1rTi72W.png

trying to find TVS/roush graph.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
this truck will see 5500+ rpm quite often actually im thinking :rofl:

Not even close to how much it will be in the 1500-4000 rpm range. Where that torque will really help move that truck.

70+ whp at on the procharger vs the whipple at 5700 rpm is a lot. :rofl:
I would take torque down low for DD truck. Where I don't have to spin the piss out of the motor to feel the power.

What are the boost levels of the two graphs we are looking at? Are they the same?

Whipple has 1,000+ capabilities as well. All while killing the procharger in torque at any peak boost pressure.
REAAAAALLY makes you wonder how deep into the 5xx whp or maybe even low 6's the procharged 5.0 would hit above 6k rpm if you spun that high
It won't make a ton like the GT will. The truck has a different intake and cams. The intake is easily changed out, I'm sure. But at a loss of more torque down low. Even then the cams are limiting.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Not even close to how much it will be in the 1500-4000 rpm range. Where that torque will really help move that truck.

I would take torque down low for DD truck.

What are the boost levels of the two graphs we are looking at? Are they the same?

Whipple has 1,000+ capabilities as well. All while killing the procharger in torque at any peak boost pressure.

It won't make a ton like the GT will. The truck has a different intake and cams. The intake is easily changed out, I'm sure. But at a loss of more torque down low. Even then the cams are limiting.

killing the procharger?

:rofl:

you make it sound like procharger vs roots here is the difference between an ebay electric supercharger and a 4.2L whipple :rofl:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
If I was building a 1/2 mile car, or a roll racer, centri all the way, but more than likely twins...but for towing, PD all the way. That torque curve on that whipple is just so fucking sexy...yeah that specific one is giving up some peak torque over the procharger, but it's average over the entire rev range is just awesome, and especially for towing, I'd think you'd want good power over the rev range vs. great power above 4K, and OK power below, but that's just me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info