šŸ„ Health Workout chat

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I weigh 235 right now. Normal summer weight is around 220, normal winter weight is around 240. My maintenance calories on lifting days are only around ~2800 with >150g of protein. Really frustrating but that's just how my metabolism is

you got some willpower, i could not sustain that for long even under the best conditions.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
you got some willpower, i could not sustain that for long even under the best conditions.
You give me too much credit, I'm only in this situation because I didn't have enough willpower over the winter lol. I'm in the low 20% body fat range right now if I had to guess, and I should be in the mid teens

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
You give me too much credit, I'm only in this situation because I didn't have enough willpower over the winter lol. I'm in the low 20% body fat range right now if I had to guess, and I should be in the mid teens

maybe, but 2400 or 2500 is still a deficit and a lot more tolerable with snackies than 2100!

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
First day back to gym since testing positive for covid. Still on leave ti the 19th for shallow breathing. Doctor said tread mill would be good.
15 minutes on elliptical..8 of a mile normal is 1.1 or 1.2 miles But goal was 15 minutes which I did. Then did my barbell chest and shoulder workout with about half the normal weight. Pushed through which was good and completed the whole workout.
Did the inhaler the Doctor gave me
Still breathing heavily about a hour to a hour and a half later but feels good.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I've been back at it for a little less than 3 weeks. Muscle memory is coming back and my lungs are feeling pretty good again. Cardio is starting to get easier. Now that I'm back in a routine, I need to adjust my diet a little if I want to lose weight. My appetite has been ridiculous since I've started lifting weights again.

I took last night off to rest, so today is leg day.

leg-day-meme-generator-because-today-was-leg-day-7bf2ab.jpg

Reactions: Spivitz and Aircal

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my arm is still fucked from when i posted about it some time ago. although did arms/back yesterday and it usually kinda gets to be more tolerable pain that i live with, now it's worse than ever though. still went to muay thai today and mostly avoided using it. still not sure if it was from something in the jab or maybe over extending it, it's pretty obvious to me now though that extending my arm fully causes discomfort and pain and pronating it inwards, in the gym a bicep curl reveals this the most. in any case going to try and only box with 1 arm and avoid some exercises in the gym now and hope it actually gets better and ignoring it doesn't affect muh gainz too much.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Made it just over 15 miles. Not bad for breaking in new shoes.

View attachment 85459
So I imported my data from Fitbit to MapMyRide to see if it showed some different stats. Just gonna say I need a better logging app, other than Strava.

According to MayMyRide I managed to achieve a peak velocity of 20,886.67 mph for a duration of about two minutes. Those new cycling shoes are impressive.
1617985441367.png

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
So I imported my data from Fitbit to MapMyRide to see if it showed some different stats. Just gonna say I need a better logging app, other than Strava.

According to MayMyRide I managed to achieve a peak velocity of 20,886.67 mph for a duration of about two minutes. Those new cycling shoes are impressive.
View attachment 85721
Well shit I can't keep up with you ? you on another level or planet

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Well shit I can't keep up with you ? you on another level or planet
I know, right? :rofl:

I just want a single app that I can use to track activity like walking/cycling/hiking that will give me a weekly report on what I've accomplished (or show how lazy I've been), with some kind of calendar stats that show past 30 days, quarter, etc and can filter on activity. Or shit, just give me dump of the data in Excel and I'll do it myself.

The Fitbit app isn't too bad, it just doesn't play well with others. It also only gives a couple of stats, some of which are worthless, and the weekly report has a lot to be desired. Strava is okay, but no reporting, no historical stats. I really liked Endomondo cause it did everything, but they shut it down to make a whole bunch of crappy apps, like the "MapMyxxxx" ones.

So want to be able to look at a chart and go, okay, I walked "x" many miles last month and I rode "x" many miles. Not have it all combined, or have to open each activity to see the details.

The MapMyRide is almost there, but the data import (.TCX file) obviously has accuracy issues.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
seems i most likely did hyperextend my elbow, kinda months ago, so trying to baby it 3-4 weeks now. will skip arms/back this week since my gym is closed for thai new year.

accidentally kneed a guy in the face at muay thai today, although it was pretty light, plus it was more him putting his face into my knee? from a failed (and apparently not legal) trip attempt (instead of a sweep) - didn't feel bad, he was annoying trying to take me down like that anyway (i don't think it is generally good sparring etiquette?) and he was doing a pretty shitty job of just largely kicking me pretty hard.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
been wondering if going only/mostly incline is better than flat, in terms of aesthetics vs. strength? thoughts?
I really dont know the answer to that. I like to mix things up (trick the body). So some chest days, I'll hit flat, incline and decline. Other days I'll do all flat or all incline work, then I have days where I do all cable work. Not a huge fan of decline (bothers my shoulder), so I never dedicate a full workout to decline.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
That

That sucks and I feel your pain. How heavy were you squatting when you tweaked your back?
I initially tweaked it around 350 and then continued all the way to 405. It felt pretty good so I tried squatting light (>225) and it started to act up again to I did weighted lower back extensiosn and that's where it told me to fuck off.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I initially tweaked it around 350 and then continued all the way to 405. It felt pretty good so I tried squatting light (>225) and it started to act up again to I did weighted lower back extensiosn and that's where it told me to fuck off.
So would have I....lol. Take care of yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Lead Pipe

Thread Info