Oh, stretches 2

giphy.gif

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Started what I hope to be a take this serious cut last week. I always start off good and after a few weeks blow it. In all fairness the last time I started, my dog passed and then the Wifes Father passed all within a month. So totally shit the bed lol. Even though, I didnt gain any weight during that time, was actually 2lbs under from last weigh in.

So last week I cut 6.5lbs. with zero cardio and only 3 days at the gym. Kept carb intake to under 150g a day and kept calorie intake to about 2100 a day. I wasnt bad this weekend either, I use Saturdays as a cheat day, but I try not to consume more that what my maintenance intake should be.
Hoping to knock off 4-5lbs this week before leveling of to 2-3lbs a week. As I progress, I plan on cleaning up the diet gradually. Never been a fan of just going cold turkey on cleaning up the diet. I like to gradually eliminate shit.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Started what I hope to be a take this serious cut last week. I always start off good and after a few weeks blow it. In all fairness the last time I started, my dog passed and then the Wifes Father passed all within a month. So totally shit the bed lol. Even though, I didnt gain any weight during that time, was actually 2lbs under from last weigh in.

So last week I cut 6.5lbs. with zero cardio and only 3 days at the gym. Kept carb intake to under 150g a day and kept calorie intake to about 2100 a day. I wasnt bad this weekend either, I use Saturdays as a cheat day, but I try not to consume more that what my maintenance intake should be.
Hoping to knock off 4-5lbs this week before leveling of to 2-3lbs a week. As I progress, I plan on cleaning up the diet gradually. Never been a fan of just going cold turkey on cleaning up the diet. I like to gradually eliminate shit.

how much protein are you targeting?
zero cardio cuz no time?
6.5 lbs in a week / 4-5 going forward is quite aggressive! hope all goes well.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
how much protein are you targeting?
zero cardio cuz no time?
6.5 lbs in a week / 4-5 going forward is quite aggressive! hope all goes well.
Protein was between 125g-175g per day last week. I'm definitely going to want to get that up to the 200-250ish per day over the next few weeks.

I shouldnt say no cardio at all, I had 2 softball games, one on Monday and one on Wednesday. But no cardio at the gym, yes didnt really have the time. But will start some light jogging on the treadmill this week.

In my experience, the first 2 weeks are always the biggest weeks as far as weight coming off, water weight I assume. So from week 3 and on, I only expect 2-3lbs a week.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Did my last hike in Colorado to St. Maryā€™s Falls, itā€™s an out and back trail for a total of 7.5 miles. This one was pretty exhausting as I the entire way was hiking in 6-8ā€ of snow. Stupid watch stopped recording my hike and I had to restart it.

View attachment 86589
View attachment 86590
Hiking through snow on flat ground is no joke. Canā€™t imagine mountains.

Reactions: Spivitz and greasy

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Down another 4.6lbs this week. Next week I'm expecting to level off to the 2-3lb range.
Starting tomorrow will try and bump my protein intake up to 200-250g per day.
You should probably eat around 1000 calories a day more, 4.6 lbs is 16000ish calories (of fat) your eating less than half your maintenance if your sticking to the 2100 you said, that will make it real hard to stay on the diet and you will burn up about as much muscle as fat, you should be targeting 3200-3500 calories see what that gets you and adjust,I used to diet at 3000+

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You should probably eat around 1000 calories a day more, 4.6 lbs is 16000ish calories (of fat) your eating less than half your maintenance if your sticking to the 2100 you said, that will make it real hard to stay on the diet and you will burn up about as much muscle as fat, you should be targeting 3200-3500 calories see what that gets you and adjust,I used to diet at 3000+
In the past I stuck to around 2100 calories a day and after the 2 weeks I leveled out to 2-3lbs a week pending how much cardio I did for that week.
As mentioned in another post, I like to gradually cut out the bad shit in my diet as going cold turkey on everything wont work. I'll be the first to admit, I dont understand macros and all the other stuff at all and I'm 100% sure you know a hell of a lot more than me.

I do not want to burn muscle, hence the reason I said I need to bump up my protein intake. But I will give what your saying a shot and adjust as needed.

Reactions: 1quick

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Been a lazy fuck. I WAS doing really well. House shit I let get in the way. Iā€™m too fkn soft these days.

23yr old me would have woken up two hours early to lift

isn't it a really bad idea giving up sleep though? it seems for fat burning/muscle building/mental health etc. as well that you want to get at least 7 hours. my average day is 6 at best though.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
isn't it a really bad idea giving up sleep though? it seems for fat burning/muscle building/mental health etc. as well that you want to get at least 7 hours. my average day is 6 at best though.
I've read that a good 7-8hrs sleep is very important when you work out. I just cant do it though, I average 5.5-6hrs a night. Saturday and Sunday I usually get close to 8hrs.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
yes/no

thereā€™s so much nuance. Ideal vs good

I tend to look at things as a net over a short period of time vs a single instance. If I only trained one day in the last 5 but got enough rest, Iā€™d give up 2hrs of sleep to get in another training session. If I slept 4 hrs each the last 5 nights, I wouldnā€™t train at all.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info