TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
20191023_144851.jpg

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Love doing these. 2.4 equinox piston replacements for oil consumption. Pays 12.6, my best time is 3.7 hours but usually just under 5 hours

View attachment 44567

For the auto trans in these, 6t40 or whatever it is, can I use the dipstick from a 6t70 or whatever the 2012 3.6 impala uses to check the level? OR what is the proper procedure for checking the level? I’m not sure I trust the YouTube mechanics of pulling the bolt (on the drive side in the wheel well) and checking it like a diff. Not that it would surprise me if that’s how it’s done but I want to be positive...

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Finished the trans lines on the Astro and fished out the bolt I dropped in an intake port. Got the fuel lines tightened up and the lower rad and heater hose installed. I need to get the intake together, add fluids, get some exhaust and some wiring and I can fire it. Not too far off. Kind of excited. Maybe I should take some pics and see if I have enough to post a build thread.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Finished the trans lines on the Astro and fished out the bolt I dropped in an intake port. Got the fuel lines tightened up and the lower rad and heater hose installed. I need to get the intake together, add fluids, get some exhaust and some wiring and I can fire it. Not too far off. Kind of excited. Maybe I should take some pics and see if I have enough to post a build thread.
I had a stinker couple months ago. The 6.7 has intake port in center of engine valley, the intake riser goes above the head and wraps all the way around the side and the intakes are actually where the exhaust ports would be... Fished a bolt right out but fuck was I nervous

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
oh fuck that. Totally fuck that.

Been out working in the rain, got the rad shroud fitted and the cooling system done except adding antifreeze. I need to wire up the Volvo Fan/relay setup I have but am probably gonna laze out on that at the moment. If the weather cooperated and I busted my balls I am betting I could fire it up tomorrow with open headers, maybe even some mufflers and turn downs.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Bled brakes on the Astro this morning, probably not my best bleed job. Half brakes are better than no brakes for sure. I'm thinking the line lock may be making it a bit challenging to bleed the rears although I may be wrong on that. I also got the alternator wiring done, the battery in and some charging done. All fluids got added and topped off. I also worked on a base of base tunes to load up. I need to hook the battery up, hook the coil up, drain the old gas, add some new gas and hopefully we're ready to crank even though it's with open headers. Just looking for 5-10 mins of idle time at this point.

ED:Stuck on a call this morning for change management. Not quite as rewarding I dare say.

Thread Info