đź’¬ OT What are you working on today?!

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Got into growing tomatoes this year because ones you buy at the grocery store are awful. Tall plant is an unwanted child/side project aka almost dead branch transplant from our outdoor grow. Leaves are curling up pretty bad but it's fruiting. The short/stubby is my pride and joy. Beefstake grown from a seed, around 7 flower clusters compared to 4 on the other plant. Got some grow lights and hoping to harvest fresh tomatoes in the winter.

20191004_205941.jpg20191004_210529.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
What did you use to lower the Tahoe in the front?
Belltech 2” lowering knuckles. I’ve seen people buy grade 10.9 bolts and just put the lower strut under the control arm. Nets 3” drop but then need an alignment.

in the rear I have belltech 5305 springs which are 3” with the spacer they come with or 4” without. Have to cut the bump stop brackets off and relocate new bumps.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
No pulling at all with those brakes either I'm sure.

I've been busy extracting the alternator from my XC90. The fuck, the stealership wanted $2K for this job. Doing it I'm not altogether surprised, and I'd be less surprised to find out they at some point just moved the engine after taking a mount or two loose.

So far I've pulled out the half shaft, the strut (wanted to do a bushing on it anyways since it's out) a sway bar end link, the strut tower brace so I could get the valve cover off and I've likely got some severe bending back to do on the fuel lines. I swear that the alternator went deeper into the engine compartment too, what a sinking feeling. Gotta be like the feeling one gets with an accident involving the loss of a sex toy. Oddly the top bolt that everyone bitches about wasn't bad. I mean, I guess they've never heard of a box ended wrench from the top before.

Thread Info