đź’¬ OT What are you working on today?!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
they should have designed a better filter.

deez, didnt you say you can retrofit a different filter system in for under 1k that would prevent all that.

Retro fit a cp3 injection pump for approx $1800 more, never have this again. Unfortunately duramax doesn't have a fuel bypass like the Ford CP4 does. Customer did not opt for cp3 conversion so I'm putting the same glass pump back on. But I did sell a fass fuel pump so at least well have better fuel supply to help avoid this later on.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Got the battery hooked in, drained the old gas (what the hell do I do with 9 gallons ish of stale gasoline btw,) cranked until I got oil pressure then hooked up the coil. So far so good. I loaded the base tune on the Megasquirt II and it's sitting beside me. Going to plug it in tomorrow about noonish and then give it a go with open headers real quick and see what she does. With the temperature being in the 30s to 40s if she starts I'm probably pretty good and will probably be surprised. I'll be delighted if I get it to a point the engine's up to temperature. After that I'll start working towards getting my exhaust set up.

Reactions: HILROD

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
(insert pic of copper pipe)

Replaced my water main and all the cold side pipes with copper. Hot sides will be next weekend. It was incredible how disgusting and clogged the nearly 100 year old galvanized pipe was. It was my first time sweating copper pipe and once pressurized, no leaks! I figured there may be a few sections that need some additional solder, especially since the majority was 1” pipe, but glad it turned out so well. Water pressure is much better. Very happy with how it turned out.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Yeah it was a good upgrade when we did it.

Just got my last storage array hardware upgrade done. Really happy.

One of the old arrays had a controller shit the bed. Got new part in as doa. Still waiting that out.

During the upgrade found some issues on the storage network. Gotta resolve that too. Fuck.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Fuel system on this miled out chassis... 3rd motor. Doesn't run so I can't run pto to move the crane.
20200102_110105.jpg
20200102_110038.jpg
20200102_105827.jpg
20200102_105711.jpg

I tried to lift the boom with the lift but no good
20191231_141031.jpg

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Fuel system on this miled out chassis... 3rd motor. Doesn't run so I can't run pto to move the crane.
View attachment 47552View attachment 47553View attachment 47554View attachment 47555
I tried to lift the boom with the lift but no good
View attachment 47556

Sometimes we will use our skid steer as a hydraulic source. We will just make up a few hoses and connect them to the dead piece of machinery to at least move what we need moved so we can repair what needs fixing.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Sometimes we will use our skid steer as a hydraulic source. We will just make up a few hoses and connect them to the dead piece of machinery to at least move what we need moved so we can repair what needs fixing.

I looked at our skid and our Parker hose maker but just decided to open the lines and raise it manually....

Reactions: guspech750

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Trying to keep my sanity. Company wants to take a simple and effective procedure and add untested and complex properties to it, thus making it harder for the end users to use and adds security risks. Best thing to do is piss off the people that use it most and keep the company afloat, ya know? Fucking management has no concept of how things work on a production floor. All so that a couple of big-wigs can make a name for themselves, where in reality their names will be cursed for years to come by thousands of people.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Damn sump pump back flow valve took a shit and was floating around in the fitting. This caused an air bubble to form in the pump and the fucker would just run for hours on end churning water. Luckily the backup pump took care of the pumping duties. So I replaced the valve today and took a shower with sump water

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Got around to replacing bumpstops on our sweet heavy chevy... We had a little weight in it and it was straight gangster low riding...look under the truck. Bumpstops have basically checked out :rofl:

Also did plugs on the Whipple F150 which were completely absolutely fucked and no wonder it was cutting out up top.

Has passenger catch can, I'm ordering driver side today

0110201117.jpg

0110200845.jpg

Thread Info