📸 Photography Unlikely and underwhelming survivors

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I have one to add. 1989 Dodge Ram 50. 5-speed. Manual steering. 91,000 original miles and rust free. I bought it as a flip a few months back lol.

IMG_6446.jpeg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
That’s what I’ve seen from my very lazy research. 97-2003 GM stuff just tugs at my heartstrings
I hear ya. My mom had a 2000 Venture with doors on both sides and captains chairs in the middle. We took a lot of trips on that thing. I learned to drive in it too. The transmission failed spectacularly around 150k, and it was towed for scrap after limping it to Champaign. It wasn't even rusty. ☹️

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I hear ya. My mom had a 2000 Venture with doors on both sides and captains chairs in the middle. We took a lot of trips on that thing. I learned to drive in it too. The transmission failed spectacularly around 150k, and it was towed for scrap after limping it to Champaign. It wasn't even rusty. ☹️
we had one too, in that champagne beige color.

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
we had one too, in that champagne beige color.
Same! I for some reason remember Chevy calling it sand drift. My mom loved it because it was so unique at the time. She also never washed it for at least the last 6 years of its life, but it never looked dirty.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Same! I for some reason remember Chevy calling it sand drift. My mom loved it because it was so unique at the time. She also never washed it for at least the last 6 years of its life, but it never looked dirty.
I liked it so much better than all of the Town & Country mini vans that everyone seemed to have.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Yup. Random farm auctions are the absolute best for stuff like this.

$1,000 was the “I don’t want to buy this but you’re pretty much making me” price.

And ‘09 has to be one of the latest model years for a 3800 powered anything I’ve ever seen (but am far from an expert)
'09 is the last model year. Engine production stopped in Aug '08.

• Love
Reactions: Outlaw

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
For a brief moment I looked for an ls4 one but quickly gave up. These bastard year cars are so weird and interesting and nobody knows about them it seems

I sure didn’t. For some reason I thought 3800’s were replaced with 3900’s in like ‘05. I didn’t have my eye on it at all leading up to today. But we were like 10 items away from it and I walked over and started it up and immediately knew the engine sound. Popped the hood, saw what I saw and was sold.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I actually like the early Lacrosse styling. The Supers are relatively rare but not too hard to find. The trouble I had with them is finding one that was worth buying. They were all clapped the hell out or way too expensive for a 15 year old Buick. I wasn't interested in spending a lot on something I was going to have to do a cam and lifter change on pretty quickly.

Reactions: Outlaw

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I actually like the early Lacrosse styling. The Supers are relatively rare but not too hard to find. The trouble I had with them is finding alone that was worth buying. They were all clapped the hell out or way too expensive for a 15 year old Buick. I wasn't interested in spending a lot on something I was going to have to do a cam and lifter change on pretty quickly.

For the purchase price I’m pretty sure I would’ve gone for it regardless of the engine. But I would personally rather have a 3800 over the LS4 since it’ll be what does my 147 mile round-trip work commute at 65 mph, and compared to a Prius it’s going to feel like a fucking Viper. I’m just hoping to get the 32-33 mpg out of it I remember getting from my ‘01 Regal back in the day.

This one has rust, but it’s not horrible and the burgandy hides it well. It’s far from being unpresentable so far. But I agree, it’s not a $6,500 car to me like I see people asking

Thread Info