📸 Photography Unlikely and underwhelming survivors

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
There are some Facebook groups with this sort of topic that are pretty fun to follow, so I figured it was thread worthy. Ever see an old car on the road that gives you a confusing boner or at least makes you say "huh" when you notice it's remarkably good condition? Maybe you're just minorly impressed that it's managed to survive this long?

I don't have any type of boner for a Celica ST, but I was impressed enough at this one to take a picture. When's the last time you've seen one of these that wasn't completely riced out and beat to shit? I don't think I've ever seen one with a luggage rack. It's definitely been since the mid 2000s or longer that I've seen one without rust.
1670356876762.png

It even had stock Toyota hub caps. If the lady in the driver seat saw me taking pictures she probably thought I was some kind of weirdo. :ROFLMAO:
1670357055763.png

It makes me wonder what kind of cushy life this thing lived and why. It's not like it's a desirable car, but daily drives without exceptional maintenance would be a certain death sentence to the body of these rust-prone turds.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have seen all of these cream puffs within the last year.
View attachment 142574
View attachment 142575
View attachment 142576
View attachment 142579
View attachment 142582
View attachment 142583
90s Regal with a body kit??
View attachment 142584
This thing is the opposite of cream puff but still a treat to see cruising under it's own power. lol
View attachment 142581
That Duster was a good find.

The Nissan Murano cross-crap-cabriolet can be set ablaze for being the abomination that it is.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
That Duster was a good find.

The Nissan Murano cross-crap-cabriolet can be set ablaze for being the abomination that it is.
I was pretty happy to see that Duster with an antique plate. It deserves to be cared for.

Those Muranos are .... something. They certainly deserve to be rare. At least an SSR had a bed of sorts for luggage and an LS for power.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I was pretty happy to see that Duster with an antique plate. It deserves to be cared for.

Those Muranos are .... something. They certainly deserve to be rare. At least an SSR had a bed of sorts for luggage and an LS for power.
The one thing I didn't like about the SSR's were the bed covers. They were a single piece (fiberglass?), so if something slid to the front, like while braking, you were having to climb in to the bed to get it. Good thing the last two years they had the LS2 with a 6spd. Easy to get those object to the back of the bed again.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I had this same thread idea.

I was actually going to add, what cars that were once very popular that you never see anymore.

What prompted it was seeing a '95 - '99 Lumina that was in relatively good shape. Then shortly after that, seeing one of the last gen Grand Am's.
I feel like 4th Gen f bodies just aren’t around as much. I mean sure enthusiasts are out there but where’d your aunt debs z28 convertible go? :rofl:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I was actually going to add, what cars that were once very popular that you never see anymore.
Dude, srt4's. 15 years ago they were EVERYWHERE and I haven't seen a single one in easily 8 years

Given the demographic that owned them, the only thing that makes sense is that they were all totaled

Thread Info