The NBA G.O.A.T. Battlegrounds

The NBA Greatest of all Time is?

• Total voters

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I want to know how all you guys think MJ is the goat when he couldnā€™t get the Washington Wizards into the playoffs.
Dont know if your being serious, but if you are. Maybe because he was 38 or 39 years old, had bad knees. Kwame Brown was a fucking bust iirc they had some injuries. If what your getting at is Lequeen on that team and they make the playoffs then your nuts, under the same exact circumstances they wouldnt make the playoffs with Lequeen.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
It obvious most think MJ is the GOAT but what would it take to dethrone him? The only player currently that would have a chance is Lebron. Most points? Most championships? Because if you do watch Lebron, he plays at a different level.

Like someone posted above there have been a lot of great players in different eras and if we go off of championships itā€™s not MJ. Everyone has an opinion and back it with different reasons but MJ is not the goat and I can go on and on about why he is not. Just because Kobe passed away does not make him a top 3 of being a goat so that should end right there he is definitely not the goat. Great players yes but not goats. I say they were both ball hogs and played more of a one on one game not a team game.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
It obvious most think MJ is the GOAT but what would it take to dethrone him? The only player currently that would have a chance is Lebron. Most points? Most championships? Because if you do watch Lebron, he plays at a different level.

I feel like I'm rehashing what I posted above. Lebron is a legend but he's not even close.

1. The league in it's current state is watered down. There's 3 (or 4) more teams in the league than when Jordan played. Also, look at the talent in the league during the 80's and 90's. Jordan played against many of the greats. Just look at the "Dream Team"
2. Different rules ie hand check. Jordan would have scored a lot more over his career using today's rules.
3. Had Jordan no retired (due to the death of his father), the Bulls probably would have won another 2-3 championships AND it's within reason that he could have broken Karem's 38K scoring record.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Jordan was a leader off and on the court. The buzz that he brought to the NBA was unmatched. Didn't he even take a pay cut to keep the team they had together?

Also, the marketing that he brought to the game will never be matched. Jordan's are still huge and a huge brand to this day. What other player has come close to that?

Reactions: SHARKBITEATTACK

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
The Beast The Beast

3ng6uw.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: EmersonHart13

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Kawhi is overrated IMO. I'd argue that currently playing in the NBA the best player would be Lebron and likely will be for another few years. He's Lebron James, literally the most gifted athlete of all time. If he had the drive that Kobe and Jordan did, he would be the best player of all time. But he didn't, he gave up, he cried, he flopped. His Miami move and how he played when he was on that team ruined his legacy IMO.

Reactions: Shawn1112

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Kawhi is overrated IMO. I'd argue that currently playing in the NBA the best player would be Lebron and likely will be for another few years. He's Lebron James, literally the most gifted athlete of all time. If he had the drive the Kobe and Jordan did, he would be the best player of all time. But he didn't, he gave up, he cried, he flopped. His Miami move and how he played when he was on that team ruined his legacy IMO.

I agree kawhi is over rated

Thread Info