The NBA G.O.A.T. Battlegrounds

The NBA Greatest of all Time is?

• Total voters

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
NBA has just become lame as fuck! What is Lebron's finals record now...4-6? How many teams has he been on now to find some stars to win him a championship on? Davis is probably his best partner yet....

Don't think its rage quitting....its just lame. I'm rewatching the Last Dance right now....and it amplifies how lame the NBA has become....
Lequeen is what we used to call "club jumpers" in wrestling. My Son wrestled for one of the top programs in the State and known and respected around the Country. But the minute they had a down year, the club jumpers always jumped to the next big thing lol.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
GOAT for being Best all around NBA athlete and physical presence ever along with incredible skill set and able to defend all 5 positions? Sure, I'll give ya that by a mile

Having said that, the above is exactly the reason why I don't think hes close to the GOAT, he had the complete physical domination and skill set to BE THE BEST... unfortunately missing a couple pieces beyond

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
GOAT for being Best all around NBA athlete and physical presence ever along with incredible skill set and able to defend all 5 positions? Sure, I'll give ya that by a mile

Having said that, the above is exactly the reason why I don't think hes close to the GOAT, he had the complete physical domination and skill set to BE THE BEST... unfortunately missing a couple pieces beyond
Exactly. Lebron's high school games were being nationally broadcast on ESPN...people probably knew he was going to the NBA by ~12 years old. Jordan didn't even make his varsity basketball team his sophomore year of HS. Jordan (obviously tons of God given talent) had to work hard, and harder than anyone else, to get to where he was.

I think that hardened path engrained something in Jordan that Lebron will never have....

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Lequeen has never won Defensive Player of the Year. Jordan did that and won the scoring title the same year.
Iirc Jordan was all defensive 1st team for 9 or 10 years
This is the kind of stuff that makes you sit back and go holy crap thats just incredible

Lebron isn't even up there with him on many stats and hardware and then you start getting into achievements like you just mentioned and it just blows my mind how you put the guy above Jordan

Reactions: Shawn1112

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Jordan is the GOAT, right now. Lebron isnā€™t done yet and when he is will prolly be highest points etc etc. He still has three high level years in him, IMHO.Maybe he gets to 6 championships then Rides a bench in depends and gets a seventh ring?

If your calling NBA lame, you are so far from the truth. What Jimmy Butler did just this series was friggin awesome!! You just ainā€™t watching.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Jordan is the GOAT, right now. Lebron isnā€™t done yet and when he is will prolly be highest points etc etc. He still has three high level years in him, IMHO.Maybe he gets to 6 championships then Rides a bench in depends and gets a seventh ring?
You are saying that Lebron will pass Jordan if he gets 7 rings? Interesting, hope you have Bill Russell #1 and Lebron is just passing Jordan somewhere further down the list then

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

If your calling NBA lame, you are so far from the truth. What Jimmy Butler did just this series was friggin awesome!! You just ainā€™t watching.
It is lame. Lebron and a few other of the top players just hop around the league to make sure they are on the best team. Add on top of that that it has become a flopfest....

Here is just the finals....

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I want my damn respect !
'
I LOL last night when he said that, and then said GTFO

Lequeen can get 10 rings and still not be the GOAT, he still isnt ahead of Kobe imo. He is a ring chaser. When things dont go his way he leaves, Kobe never left LA in the bad times. Jordan never left the Bulls when they sucked. Golden State will be healthy next year and they have the #2 pick iirc. They are going to win the West the next 3-4 years.

I agree what Jimmy did was awesome. If thats Jordan playing, Jimmy doesnt have those games, Bulls would have swept Miami.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
'

Lequeen can get 10 rings and still not be the GOAT, he still isnt ahead of Kobe imo. He is a ring chaser. When things dont go his way he leaves, Kobe never left LA in the bad times. Jordan never left the Bulls when they sucked. Golden State will be healthy next year and they have the #2 pick iirc. They are going to win the West the next 3-4 years.

I agree what Jimmy did was awesome. If thats Jordan playing, Jimmy doesnt have those games, Bulls would have swept Miami.

Exactly what we discussed during lunch. If that's Michael or Kobe there, Butler doesnt have those games, no fucking way.

Reactions: Shawn1112

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
You are saying that Lebron will pass Jordan if he gets 7 rings? Interesting, hope you have Bill Russell #1 and Lebron is just passing Jordan somewhere further down the list then
No. Do you have Russel over Jordan? I donā€™t. Jordan is the GOAT. My opinion is that Lebron will win 2 more in his prime. When Lebron retires he will have a lot of the records which will legitimize his spot in the GOAT debate.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
No. Do you have Russel over Jordan? I donā€™t. Jordan is the GOAT. My opinion is that Lebron will win 2 more in his prime. When Lebron retires he will have a lot of the records which will legitimize his spot in the GOAT debate.
I don't, but since you only brought up title numbers, I had to say that Jordan isn't even #1 with that...

What records do you think Lebron will have when he retires?

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
'

10 rings and he is crowned the GOAT...fo sho! You might not accept it but the world will put him on a pedestal with 10.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Did you watch any of the games? Playoffs? finals?
No. I stopped watching the NBA over the last few years for the reasons I stated above.

I follow highlights...and sure enough, the team hopping by stars and flopping seem to be getting worse by the year. I found all those clips of flopping in about 10 seconds on Twitter, which tells me the flopping has gone rampant....

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I don't, but since you only brought up title numbers, I had to say that Jordan isn't even #1 with that...

What records do you think Lebron will have when he retires?
Yet to be seen. Lebron still has plenty of life left on the court. I resurrected this thread by saying he is one step closer. I havenā€™t crowned him yet.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
No. I stopped watching the NBA over the last few years for the reasons I stated above.

I follow highlights...and sure enough, the team hopping by stars and flopping seem to be getting worse by the year. I found all those clips of flopping in about 10 seconds on Twitter, which tells me the flopping has gone rampant....
With all due respect, if you arenā€™t watching the NBA, then how can I respect your opinion of the NBA?? Your opinion is based on some fake news BS showing flops? There is some great ball being played. More awesome moments than flops.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
With all due respect, if you arenā€™t watching the NBA, then how can I respect your opinion of the NBA?? Your opinion is based on some fake news BS showing flops? There is some great ball being played. More awesome moments than flops.
Are you calling the clear videos posted above fake news? Are the videos edited somehow?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Yet to be seen. Lebron still has plenty of life left on the court. I resurrected this thread by saying he is one step closer. I havenā€™t crowned him yet.
You are saying he will have lots of records, but now you are saying they are yet to be seen... wat... I'm not sure I follow here dude

You seem to follow the NBA closely and know the game, so what records will Lebron hypothetically have that will put him in the GOAT debate? I'm not asking you to tell me how a nuclear bomb is made, I'm asking you what records you claim he will have based on what he has now and assuming he will play for a few more years at a decently high level...

Thread Info