The NBA G.O.A.T. Battlegrounds

The NBA Greatest of all Time is?

• Total voters

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Can't find the video, but here is the exact interview of Lebron crying about Noah using mean words to him....

Can anyone even imagine MJ up there teary eyed about the Pistons saying mean words to him?!?!?! LOL!!!!

ā€œI love his emotion as a competitor, but I think the words he used to me were just a little bit too far,ā€ James said. ā€œIā€™m a father with three kids, and it got very disrespectful. Iā€™m OK with competing against Jo, but the disrespectful words he said to me were uncalled for.ā€

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
9 time all defensive 1st team and defensive player of the year. Who ever owned Jordan in a series?

He was a ball hog he shot the ball non stop. Didnā€™t u see the last Dance he didnā€™t want to do the triangle offense cause all he wanted to do was shoot shoot under Doug Collins.

giphy.gif

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Ah...so you are saying flopping is not rampant any longer, and it just so happens that it happened a few times in the Finals and was cringeworthy obvious? Got it!
No. I am saying that your opinion that the NBA is bad is based on some you tube vids of flops which somehow overshadow, in your mind, the really awesome sports accomplishments by NBA players. Example, Jimmy Butler played phenomenal this series, but there was a flop...NBA sucks! Come on man?!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
He was a ball hog he shot the ball non stop. Didnā€™t u see the last Dance he didnā€™t want to do the triangle offense cause all he wanted to do was shoot shoot under Doug Collins.

giphy.gif
But he did wind up believing in the triangle like a true team player does, correct?
He also won his 6 championships using the triangle, correct?
Again, please show me a player that owned Jordan in a series, I wont hold my breath

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
No. I am saying that your opinion that the NBA is bad is based on some you tube vids of flops which somehow overshadow, in your mind, the really awesome sports accomplishments by NBA players. Example, Jimmy Butler played phenomenal this series, but there was a flop...NBA sucks! Come on man?!
It is not based on YouTube videos....it is based on watching the NBA almost every night for the first 30 years of my life, and over the last 7 or 8 years of me watching....it went to trash. The few YouTube videos posted above, are just proof it is still happening.

Do you really believe I have an outrageous opinion? Its a fact the NBA is losing interest in the USA every year, and I'm sure its driven by exactly what I said....

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I've watched Last Dance twice now, and haven't seen MJ giving an interview complaining about people's trash talk after a game.

Taking trash talk, or actions, personally and then getting fired up over it and winning is in no way similar to complaining about trash talk after a game. In one case it is like a child being bullied, and then punching the bully in the face. The other is telling your mom and the teacher about the bully and then hoping your mom calls the school to make it stop....

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
It is not based on YouTube videos....it is based on watching the NBA almost every night for the first 30 years of my life, and over the last 7 or 8 years of me watching....it went to trash. The few YouTube videos posted above, are just proof it is still happening.

Do you really believe I have an outrageous opinion? Its a fact the NBA is losing interest in the USA every year, and I'm sure its driven by exactly what I said....
I didnā€™t say your opinion is outrageous. I would respect your opinion that the NBA is lame if you basically watched the finals and said it was lame, not post some vids of flops. I donā€™t watch all the NBA games, but I can tell when I am watching great basketball. Watching Lebron has been the closest thing I have seen since Jordan.
If USA is losing interest in the NBA, itā€™s not because of the quality of play. If the lose of interest is political? Do you really see the NBA, NFL, and other sports going bankrupt because of politics? I donā€™t think so.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I didnā€™t say your opinion is outrageous. I would respect your opinion that the NBA is lame if you basically watched the finals and said it was lame, not post some vids of flops. I donā€™t watch all the NBA games, but I can tell when I am watching great basketball. Watching Lebron has been the closest thing I have seen since Jordan.
If USA is losing interest in the NBA, itā€™s not because of the quality of play. If the lose of interest is political? Do you really see the NBA, NFL, and other sports going bankrupt because of politics? I donā€™t think so.
If you can find where I said the NBA is losing interest because of politics, I'll mail you a Lebron jersey.

The NBA is losing interest because a few stars jump around teams to team up with each other to win championships and the flopping has become abhorrent (like I've said a few times now). Not sure where you think politics were brought into the discussion?? Its become lame!

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
If you can find where I said the NBA is losing interest because of politics, I'll mail you a Lebron jersey.

The NBA is losing interest because a few stars jump around teams to team up with each other to win championships and the flopping has become abhorrent (like I've said a few times now). Not sure where you think politics were brought into the discussion?? Its become lame!
I said it. I said it might be a possibility for loss of interest in NBA. I ainā€™t accusing you of being political. Nothing lame about Jimmy Butler playing like a superstar and leaving everything out on the court...thatā€™s the stuff you are missing by thinking the NBA is lame.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The generation watching the NBA right now just wants to watch them dunk and launch 40ft shots. I would wager a LARGE part of a $10 bill that the least interesting games were games that were low scoring with a lot of good defense. NBA, NFL, etc. are businesses. For example, all of the BS protecting the QBs, that's not for the sake of the QB or player safety, it's because nobody wants to watch a football game with a backup.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I've watched Last Dance twice now, and haven't seen MJ giving an interview complaining about people's trash talk after a game.

Taking trash talk, or actions, personally and then getting fired up over it and winning is in no way similar to complaining about trash talk after a game. In one case it is like a child being bullied, and then punching the bully in the face. The other is telling your mom and the teacher about the bully and then hoping your mom calls the school to make it stop....

I meant that more as he would have used trash talked to him as fuel to get even better, not bitch about it.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Fwiw, I was 1 years old, but I do forget Jordan basically lost his 2nd year in the league due to injury

Lebron is already #1 on playoff points and #3 career points. You act like he is some bum off the streets?! Once he retires and the numbers fall into place he will be in the conversation of the GOAT.
#1 in playoff points with ~40% more games and only ~20% more points (4-6 in the finals) with a worse PPG average and playoff winning %, sounds good to me

#3 career points, wow cool, not sure why KAJ isn't #1 GOAT then now?

All you gotta do is listen to the players talk about the guys, it is crazy the difference of how current and former players, HOF, etc speak differently between the 2

Bum off the streets? No, but absolutely hilarious that people already want to crown him

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Fwiw, I was 1 years old, but I do forget Jordan basically lost his 2nd year in the league due to injury

#1 in playoff points with ~40% more games and only ~20% more points (4-6 in the finals) with a worse PPG average and playoff winning %, sounds good to me

#3 career points, wow cool, not sure why KAJ isn't #1 GOAT then now?

All you gotta do is listen to the players talk about the guys, it is crazy the difference of how current and former players, HOF, etc speak differently between the 2

Bum off the streets? No, but absolutely hilarious that people already want to crown him
FWIW, Jordan is still my GOAT. I just stated Lebron is one step closer to being in the GOAT conversation.

Thread Info