Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Had this pork butt on the smoker since 630 last night at 250. Just pulled it off. First nibble about blew my dick off it is so good. Rubbed with brown sugar, garlic, red and green chili, cilantro, and kosher salt.

20200727_111702.jpg

20200727_111707.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I made fajitas over the weekend. Couple of issues. I'm using a propane tank that I found in a shopping cart in a parking lot and it doesn't work well. I think it was just dumped in the parking lot to get rid of it. The grill didn't get as hot as I wanted so less char than I would have liked. My guacamole had a little bit too much lime. I, later, added another avocado to tone it down a bit.

Still, the food was all homemade and the salsa was one of my best. Everyone else loved the meal. I'm hypercritical about my food.

Getting the veggies going:

WFwAXNw.jpg

Chicken and flank steak almost ready:

9WtLGTU.jpg

Just about done:

06dqyVe.jpg

Nom nom:

5sEHrFB.jpg

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I made fajitas over the weekend. Couple of issues. I'm using a propane tank that I found in a shopping cart in a parking lot and it doesn't work well. I think it was just dumped in the parking lot to get rid of it.

Any Walgreens or some other place that has a Blue Rhino exchange nearby? Run that crappy tank out of gas and get it exchanged.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I made fajitas over the weekend. Couple of issues. I'm using a propane tank that I found in a shopping cart in a parking lot and it doesn't work well. I think it was just dumped in the parking lot to get rid of it. The grill didn't get as hot as I wanted so less char than I would have liked. My guacamole had a little bit too much lime. I, later, added another avocado to tone it down a bit.

Still, the food was all homemade and the salsa was one of my best. Everyone else loved the meal. I'm hypercritical about my food.

Getting the veggies going:

WFwAXNw.jpg

Chicken and flank steak almost ready:

9WtLGTU.jpg

Just about done:

06dqyVe.jpg

Nom nom:

5sEHrFB.jpg
A+ for presentation, looks awesome. Thats how we do our fajitas as well (meat gets grilled), so much better that way imo.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
P PJx5x and I are both addicted to corn on the cob in our pellet grills. Most of the time I don't put anything on them. No butter, salt, or anything else needed.

The other one I love is Brussel sprouts. Cut them in half, flat side down on an oiled sheet. Top leaf get crunchy, the bottom is caramelized, and the inner is soft. Just some salt and they are delicious. Or get crazy and add bacon, seasonings, or a vinegarette. I hated veggies growing up. But man, I put these things away! Grilling them is not the same as your mom steaming them. lol

Reactions: PJx5x

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I highly suggest corn from straight from the farm if you haven’t. Shit squirts across the table when you bite into it.

It's easy to dry out corn on a grill. You can take all that moisture right out of it. If you do it right tho, it's tremendous. Produce that is locally grown and fresh just ups the quality. No question there.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's easy to dry out corn on a grill. You can take all that moisture right out of it. If you do it right tho, it's tremendous. Produce that is locally grown and fresh just ups the quality. No question there.

it's nearly impossible to dry it out if you leave the husk on it a bit.

Reactions: RebelGTP

Thread Info