TCG fishin’ thread V. 2019

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
:trump:Got my 1st Kayak Musky today! 43" :luda:

My 3rd time fishing in the kayak (Sundolphin Bali 12ss) Amazing Fight being pulled all over the place, it took about 15minutes...:fy: :jg:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190618-211543.jpg
    Screenshot_20190618-211543.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20190618-195337.jpg
    Screenshot_20190618-195337.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 121

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Pops and I bought new Lund’s recently and they’ve been very productive. I bought a 2019 Adventure while he bought a 2019 1875 crossover and set his up for salmon fishing on Lake Michigan. Awesome boats!!Been a decent few weeks on the chain. F@&$ ton of follows, but very few eaters. Starting to catch onto a rhythm with them though. Still learning the chain and their habits but we’re catching on. Heading up to Hayward next month and hoping to boat some monsters.

6OrtS23.jpg

VE2Lw7o.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
We ended up doing pretty good in Alaska. We fished for 4 and a half days doing various things. 2 and a half days fishing on the Kenai river for king salmon and sockeye, then a day in the bay fishing for halibut, and finally a day on the Kasilof river fishing for sockeye.

Day one, my sis got a 15lb king on the Kenai. Although not the fish the area is known for, it was still a nice fish. Day two was the kenai again. We limited out on sockeye in under an hour, then I got a 36lb king late in the day. Day three we went halibut fishing and didnt get a huge one, but still limited out. Day four was a half day on the Kenai, and my wife got a 36lb king. Day 5 was on the Kasilof and we limited out on sockeye. Unreal trip and the total weight of the filets we got was 158lbs. The area we fished is known for its huge king salmon, but it sounds like the area had been really tough fishing the last 5 or so years and a 36lb king is the new 60lber out of there. I think the world record 98lb was caught where I caught mine.

I didn't get a pic of our last sockeye haul, so I included a pic of a moose and her babies. 20190710_061951(0).jpeg20190710_135334.jpeg20190711_151223.jpeg20190712_152820.jpeg20190711_203346.jpeg

Mr. SBF

May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Pops and I bought new Lund’s recently and they’ve been very productive. I bought a 2019 Adventure while he bought a 2019 1875 crossover and set his up for salmon fishing on Lake Michigan. Awesome boats!!Been a decent few weeks on the chain. F@&$ ton of follows, but very few eaters. Starting to catch onto a rhythm with them though. Still learning the chain and their habits but we’re catching on. Heading up to Hayward next month and hoping to boat some monsters.

6OrtS23.jpg

VE2Lw7o.jpg

Decent Muskies!:bigthumb:

I've got the opposite problem, I can get them to bite and get hooks in them on the 8 but keeping them on has been the problem... a problem that I don't usually have. I've lost 6 in the past 2 weeks, all good ones too! :fu: of course this has all been from a kayak so leverage is much harder to keep sitting so low and hooksets aren't as powerful. A Hobie or style like them would be so much better sitting higher up or being able to stand. Maybe next year for one of those. Have off 2morrow going out with a buddy in kayaks in the morning and evening!

Water temps are getting up there so be careful and try to fish early morning/late evening to at least give them a fighting chance to revive if you are going to fish for them.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
We ended up doing pretty good in Alaska. We fished for 4 and a half days doing various things. 2 and a half days fishing on the Kenai river for king salmon and sockeye, then a day in the bay fishing for halibut, and finally a day on the Kasilof river fishing for sockeye.

Day one, my sis got a 15lb king on the Kenai. Although not the fish the area is known for, it was still a nice fish. Day two was the kenai again. We limited out on sockeye in under an hour, then I got a 36lb king late in the day. Day three we went halibut fishing and didnt get a huge one, but still limited out. Day four was a half day on the Kenai, and my wife got a 36lb king. Day 5 was on the Kasilof and we limited out on sockeye. Unreal trip and the total weight of the filets we got was 158lbs. The area we fished is known for its huge king salmon, but it sounds like the area had been really tough fishing the last 5 or so years and a 36lb king is the new 60lber out of there. I think the world record 98lb was caught where I caught mine.

I didn't get a pic of our last sockeye haul, so I included a pic of a moose and her babies. View attachment 41110View attachment 41111View attachment 41112View attachment 41113View attachment 41114

Awesome Man, looks like a great time!!!!!

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

I didn't get a pic of our last sockeye haul, so I included a pic of a moose and her babies. View attachment 41110View attachment 41111View attachment 41112View attachment 41113View attachment 41114

Man I gotta get my ass to Alaska.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

where around kenai all were you? did you make it to the homer spit?

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Decent Muskies!:bigthumb:

I've got the opposite problem, I can get them to bite and get hooks in them on the 8 but keeping them on has been the problem... a problem that I don't usually have. I've lost 6 in the past 2 weeks, all good ones too! :fu: of course this has all been from a kayak so leverage is much harder to keep sitting so low and hooksets aren't as powerful. A Hobie or style like them would be so much better sitting higher up or being able to stand. Maybe next year for one of those. Have off 2morrow going out with a buddy in kayaks in the morning and evening!

Water temps are getting up there so be careful and try to fish early morning/late evening to at least give them a fighting chance to revive if you are going to fish for them.

Thanks man. Both fishes were caught on the 8, got lucky
Enough to get a good hook set on both. The bigger one I caught was on a grandma twitch right next to the boat. I was slowly twitching it and he just came from under the boat and railed it. Taking a break this week obviously with the crazy temps but we’ve been heading up around 6-7 and fishing till 11ish with success. Any earlier is pointless with all the boat traffic. August we’re going up to castle rock and Hayward. Can’t wait.

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Castle Rock is pretty good & so is Petenwell. I really like fishing just below the Castle Rock dam in the Wisconsin River. Theres also a Musky bait shop right at the dam. It's on the riverside & has a launch.

My buddies got a place up there. We hit both the dams for muskie and the river for walleye and bass. Definitely a fun place to fish.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

That first pic, old guy on the right, is his name Ron?

Mr. SBF

May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
My buddies got a place up there. We hit both the dams for muskie and the river for walleye and bass. Definitely a fun place to fish.

We had a place up in Adams for 20 years, sold it and currently looking for the right piece of property there. I have a good number of buddies who also have places there. Fishing/Hunting and Braaping Sleds and Quads. Good Times Always!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info