Drag to reposition cover

TCG fishin’ thread V. 2019

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s looking like we have another 2-3 weeks of ice left here in Illinois. Im starting to think about open water fishing again.

I want to focus on catching other species than largemouth this year. I’ll definitely be hitting local ponds for largies purely for convenience.

My 2019 fishing bucket list:
-steelhead from shore on Lake Michigan
-land my first musky
-fish some local bodies of water I haven’t taken much advantage of. Namely the Chicago and DesPlaines Rivers

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Will try again later
Caught three crab, one was pretty dam big, did not want him in the boat

20190227_112254.jpeg20190227_114513.jpeg

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s looking like we have another 2-3 weeks of ice left here in Illinois. Im starting to think about open water fishing again.

I want to focus on catching other species than largemouth this year. I’ll definitely be hitting local ponds for largies purely for convenience.

My 2019 fishing bucket list:
-steelhead from shore on Lake Michigan
-land my first musky
-fish some local bodies of water I haven’t taken much advantage of. Namely the Chicago and DesPlaines Rivers
Got into a school of steelhead out at Waukegan harbor a couple years back. Was a ton of fun. We each got 3-4 fish in about an hour of fishing.

I want to get a king from shore, but I think I'm going to have to go to Kenosha to do it...seems like kings are few and far between south of the boarder from shore...

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I want to do some musky/northern fishing and catfish fishing this year.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 10’ shimano convergence rod and a pile of spoons. Ready for some attempting to catch steelhead and coho. Using my other rod for a sliding sinker rig to bottom fish.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would go with a 2 piece rod, but that's just me

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Could not help myself..... I clicked the button..... Will be delivered Friday....
It's exciting

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
I left a pole at the vacation house last week, thus, now I will have this handy, fold up kit that will be much easier to travel with

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Reaction score
I’ll be doing a lot more fishing this year. Putting racing on the back burner. My
Pops wants to hit Green Bay and Hayward for muskie and walleye and the big waters for Kings. We went to the northern Illinois boat show last weekend and he walked out owning a 2019 Lund 1875 crossover. So now I’m gonna buy a 2019 adventure 1675ss after my wedding in April. I Stocked up on a bunch of Muskie gear over winter and plan to hit it hard along with walleye and northern. I should be on the chain pretty often this year if anyone ever wants to tag along.

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
It's pretty dam slick, got some jigs, hooks, lures too

20190307_172545.jpeg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ll be doing a lot more fishing this year. Putting racing on the back burner. My
Pops wants to hit Green Bay and Hayward for muskie and walleye and the big waters for Kings. We went to the northern Illinois boat show last weekend and he walked out owning a 2019 Lund 1875 crossover. So now I’m gonna buy a 2019 adventure 1675ss after my wedding in April. I Stocked up on a bunch of Muskie gear over winter and plan to hit it hard along with walleye and northern. I should be on the chain pretty often this year if anyone ever wants to tag along.
:nice:

I’m always up for fishing

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I haven't really gone to the last couple opening mornings...just wasn't worth it.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
1st outing on open water this year and knocked out my 1st bucket list fish. I went to Burnham harbor after work and caught a steelhead on spoon. Beyond pumped when I got it in the net. Then I ate it.

18” 2.5lbs

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice catch, they are delicious!

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Trout isn’t my favorite, or I don’t know how to cook it well I should say. It’s fishier than most fish. The taste is strong like salmon, pink meat.
Did you just bite into it where you were fishing grizzly bear style?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom