Sooo engagement ring tips?

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I feel bad for you guys that have wives who want expensive diamond rings.

It’s something that’s supposed to be for a lifetime it’s not like u buy it every few years so why not buy something nice. By the way this is TCG where the big stacks are.

giphy.gif

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
It’s something that’s supposed to be for a lifetime it’s not like u buy it every few years so why not buy something nice. By the way this is TCG where the big stacks are.

giphy.gif

I think the point of marriage is supposed to be about commitment to the other person, not attributing how committed you are based on the size of the diamond.

"Ooooooohh he must really be committed you you because he got you a 2 carat ring.......of course not as committed to me as my husband is because he got me a 3 carat ring."

I think what is important is getting the soon to be bride a ring that is of value, but within the means of the soon to be husband. Attaching some specified rule of thumb is pretty stupid in my opinion.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I think the point of marriage is supposed to be about commitment to the other person, not attributing how committed you are based on the size of the diamond.

"Ooooooohh he must really be committed you you because he got you a 2 carat ring.......of course not as committed to me as my husband is because he got me a 3 carat ring."

I think what is important is getting the soon to be bride a ring that is of value, but within the means of the soon to be husband. Attaching some specified rule of thumb is pretty stupid in my opinion.

Agreed the rule of thumb is just flat out stupid.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I was more excited about my ring. Got a Black DLC titanium ring from a shop in Canada. It’s super light and you don’t have to worry about it cracking when dropped like tungsten? I know one of them if you hurt your finger the ER has to crush off because it’s to hard to cut. All that said I wear a cheapass Amazon silicone multipack ring 99% of the time. I go through about 1 black one a year and have a few color options I never wear. I think a 4 pack is under $10 :rofl:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Rule of thumb is to spend 25% of your gross annual earnings otherwise she’ll be disappointed :s00ls:
Stupidest fucking thing I ever heard and I have heard it before. Not sure if it was the exact same % but similar.
I feel bad for you guys that have wives who want expensive diamond rings.
You and I both. I also lucked out with my WIfe. His first ring was when we didnt have a pot to piss in and was insanely cheap. Told her when we could afford it, we will get a better one. She got a new one, but its insanely simple and didnt cost much at all. She doesnt want that gaudy ass big rock. I have a wedding ring and dont even wear it, took it off the day after getting married and never put it back on. I got her initials tatted on my ring finger

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Like stated above I see big diamond rings and think they are gaudy and not very tasteful. It is such a basic bitch cliche that doesn’t show much creativity IMO. I was willing to throw down some big money for a ring to please my wife, but she feels the same way about wedding rings as I do (she brought it up). She wanted something thoughtful and specific to her personality. Turns out that can be done for less than 2k and still looks great and she is happy. I am a lucky dude.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Also, anybody notice how the ones that didn’t spend much on a ring are insecure about their decision? Lol. Nobody asked you guys to defend your choice, that’s between you and your wife. I find it odd though that there’s a lot of unsolicited reasons as to why people in this thread decided to spend less than “customary”.

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
After 30 years of marriage, my first suggestion is to tell you not to do it, since that probably isn’t an option........

I have gotten my best jewelry deals at mom and pop type stores, cash is king, and while they will tell you they run a legit business, cc purchase will cost them 3-4% and a check will take several weeks to clear, cash is right now.

I didn’t read all the posts so I don’t know your budget, in my case my wife wanted a 3 carat marquis, the guy I deal with networks with jewelers from all over and scored me a 2.94 carat (main stone) ring, he verified 3 times I was paying with cash, and gave me a smoking deal. I believe we all came out ahead on that deal, jewlrey has huge markups and you need to deal with someone who is willing to make something as opposed to hitting a home run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info