BUILD PSJ's 1967 LS Turbo Camaro Build

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
As the great Benjamin Franklin said, "if ye front tires only are tickling the ground, mother fucker don't need an alignment...string that bitch and call it good"

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
LOL well I changed all the front suspension, the vibration at 75 is pretty rough.

I need to find a North / NW side alignment shop.

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Been getting colder, so I drained the water out of the cooling system and replaced it with Dexcool. I also ordered a bottle of Ethanol treatment made by Lucas Oil, a few friends use it and said it's good.

I have 2 real to-do items I'd like to get in before the salt appears, one is dealing with my expired plates and the other is the alignment. Been driving around with expired plates for a long while and I think I've pressed my luck. I'm unable to get a new sticker via the web so I have to go in person. I'll do that before the alignment.

Other than that I need to do a little cleaning inside the car and figure out how I'm going to mount the buttons for the line lock, bump and trans brake. My pro ratchet handle has two buttons, I'm tempted to use one for the brake or the bump, I need to think that out a bit. In the past I've had buttons loose since I used them once in a great while. Not sure about steering wheel mounting, I recall they end up getting twisted around the shaft.

I still plan to swap rear shocks to double adjustable.

boost21

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I have 2 real to-do items I'd like to get in before the salt appears, one is dealing with my expired plates and the other is the alignment. Been driving around with expired plates for a long while and I think I've pressed my luck. I'm unable to get a new sticker via the web so I have to go in person. I'll do that before the alignment.
Tarmac Motorsports in Franklin Park did a great job doing my alignment on the fox. Mark there explained everything and was super cheap.

boost21

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Tell him you know boostie with the green notch. He has done a lot of local racecars. Mark spent the time to road test the car a couple times and then had me take the car for a drive before calling the job complete. For a smaller shop I was super happy

IMG_9119.jpg

strtcar

Regular
Reaction score
Been getting colder, so I drained the water out of the cooling system and replaced it with Dexcool. I also ordered a bottle of Ethanol treatment made by Lucas Oil, a few friends use it and said it's good.
The last two years I've used Lucas ethanol treatment without draining my e85 and no issues.

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Great to hear, I have some coming.

Even thought it's a pain, I'll probably pull my injectors in spring and have then flowed/checked/cleaned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom