BUILD PSJ's 1967 LS Turbo Camaro Build

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have not, but I have gotten into boost on the street and it feels strong.

The rear suspension is 25-30 years old and we think it's unsafe to make passes with it. Once I swap it all over and get it squared up and aligned I'll make passes.
Those coilovers are that old?

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
It's pretty loud in alleys, and driving down Michigan Avenue lol.

The coilovers are much newer, came off a stalled build, they might be 8-10 years old. I got the shocks and springs for a hundo. The shocks are getting changed, they are singles. Springs no idea yet.

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
This coming weekend I'll put the one ladder bar I pulled off back on, since the new setup requires fabwork of the diagonal track locater bar AFTER the car is squared up.

Then I can run the car over to Eddie and let him bang out the squaring up the car and the little bit of welding.

Other than pulling a rear coil over to figure out if I have the best length shock (and rear springs which might result in me ordering up a different set), I'd be done on suspension for now other than... hmm limiters. I might need limiters too dammit.

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
I drove the #hairybanana out to my friend Eddie V in Mt. Prospect, an excellent fabrication guy, welder extraordinaire and bonus used to crew for Spiros.

He's gonna swap the rear suspension out for me this week, which I could have done but I can't weld and that's crucial on 1-2 aspects.

Here is it is outside on the 295/65 meats.
nana.jpg

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
That thing sits real nice
Mean looking 👍

:wackit:

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Thanks, we planned to lower the car a little I need to take a side pic and share that.

At this point I am DONE with fabrication (well except in future adding a window net).

I still need to get an alignment in.

I'd also like to paint the trunk lid flat black it's purple now, any body shop guys out there can fill in some holes in this fiberglass lid (had wing), and then paint it nothing fancy?

strtcar

Regular
Reaction score
Thanks, we planned to lower the car a little I need to take a side pic and share that.

At this point I am DONE with fabrication (well except in future adding a window net).

I still need to get an alignment in.

I'd also like to paint the trunk lid flat black it's purple now, any body shop guys out there can fill in some holes in this fiberglass lid (had wing), and then paint it nothing fancy?
bondo and rattle can SEM trim paint, lol....Thats what I did to my hood, relocated the hood pins from previous owner. It looks pretty good for now until I figure out the rest of the paint/body mods.

1636401262686.png

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Nice thaks for sharing, hope to check out your car sometime too.

There is a local body shop I might try for the deck lid, fill the wing holes sand it, see where they end up. First I need to try to bend the hood and trunk a bit, a buddy said a trick is to use sand bags to push on the fiberglass. I could pain my front nose panel (has stripes) that would look a lot better I think.

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
Stripe delete with the hood and trunk black would look so good

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Allow myself to introduce... myself.

This round of fabrication by Eddie V in Mt. Prospect (who I highly reccomend) was:

• Swap ladder bars from 30 year old poly end style ones to rod end ones
  • Eddie welded/measured/fabricated the diagonal track locater bar
  • Centered and squared everything
  • Checked pinion angle, we are good
  • Added nutcerts for brake and fuel lines YESSSS
I took the long way home and drove all over since this might the be last time before salt/snow, put 2 hours on it. I'm at 9 hours total of street driving.

Here it is in all it's 295/65 rear tire glory.
nana 1.jpg

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Thanks guys/Mike.

I always have a few things I can think of doing on the car, I'd like to have a working fuel gauge (I have not wired that yet) and I want to add in a transmission overflow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom