🔧 BUILD PSJ's 1967 LS Turbo Camaro Build

General Information

Hi all, I bought this Pro Street 1967 Camaro. It had a 502 BBC crate engine and 8-71 supercharger. I have this driveline sold and it's getting pulled immediately.

LS + turbo is the plan. Maybe I'll keep it big tire and see who will want to grab a lane....

Current pic:
anthon ypic.jpg
View attachment 169378
Reactions: Rico and sktchy

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I'm waiting on some bolts from Unisteer for the heim bracket, it's threaded. Should have those tomorrow.

Starting July 3rd I'll start modifying it all to fit.

Step 1, cut the upper shaft down until the heim gets almost too close to the middle joint. I will leave good clearance. I'm not sure how much I can cut yet as the bar is bottomed out against the upper joint. The more I shorten that the more I think the angles will reduce even more.

That's the moment of truth I think, once I've cut at least once. If it's notchy I will roll up to Jimbo and try that joint (which I'd be happy to pay you for). I've never done something like this before so I'm working slowly. Of course Jimbo let me know your rate to come down here and finish it for me lol.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I'm waiting on some bolts from Unisteer for the heim bracket, it's threaded. Should have those tomorrow.

Starting July 3rd I'll start modifying it all to fit.

Step 1, cut the upper shaft down until the heim gets almost too close to the middle joint. I will leave good clearance. I'm not sure how much I can cut yet as the bar is bottomed out against the upper joint. The more I shorten that the more I think the angles will reduce even more.

That's the moment of truth I think, once I've cut at least once. If it's notchy I will roll up to Jimbo and try that joint (which I'd be happy to pay you for). I've never done something like this before so I'm working slowly. Of course Jimbo let me know your rate to come down here and finish it for me lol.
I pay people to work on my junk, but I'm happy to let you see if you can make that joint work.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought you're required to have a collapsible shaft.... that might be with a non OEM steering column now that I think about it.

Also I'm using that same style joint on one end of the 442 steering shaft and I was told the pinch bolts are good,and to use the bolt till you've got it good and ready to go, and then you need to weld it once you're sure you're good to go.
Same thing with the set screw units

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Jimy Bilmo Dr. Jimbo so what I'm going to do at this point, is pick up the firewall / column bolts from D&R, put those in, and hopefully the notchiness does not increase hopefully gets a little better. I'm going to finish putting it all back together for now and then drive it. If it's acceptable, it all stays. If it's notchy bad driving, at least the car is easier to move, I'd maybe have someone step in.

In other news, still plan to lower the back of the car 1.5 inches. And just will go over some stuff to check it.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Before you go blaming the steering linkage I've had plenty of manual rack and pinions where you could feel the pinion mesh with each tooth as you turned it down the rack travel from end to end.

Unbolt the steering I'm joints and turn the rack itself and you might notice the same notchiness if it's the gear teeth

Thread Info