🔧 BUILD PSJ's 1967 LS Turbo Camaro Build

General Information

Hi all, I bought this Pro Street 1967 Camaro. It had a 502 BBC crate engine and 8-71 supercharger. I have this driveline sold and it's getting pulled immediately.

LS + turbo is the plan. Maybe I'll keep it big tire and see who will want to grab a lane....

Current pic:
anthon ypic.jpg
View attachment 169378
Reactions: Rico and sktchy

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Something like this

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Nice I'll keep it in mind. I have some more shaft stock coming and the actually Unisteer bracket since this one was hand made by someone.

So I'm doing another round on this rack this weekend, I have too much time into it as it is. I hope between the 'correct' bracket and some advice I've gotten I might be able to get this all to work but that joint looks pretty interesting.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Nice I'll keep it in mind. I have some more shaft stock coming and the actually Unisteer bracket since this one was hand made by someone.

So I'm doing another round on this rack this weekend, I have too much time into it as it is. I hope between the 'correct' bracket and some advice I've gotten I might be able to get this all to work but that joint looks pretty interesting.
I actually have one extra at work that we didn’t need. I’d have to double check which ends are on it, but you’re welcome to it if you need, and not wait a week or two for it to arrive from Amazon.

Reactions: greasy

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Gotcha. Well if the next round of fiddling with this does not go well I might hit you up. Everyone wants me to get some of the angle out of the middle joint, try to get it to 30 degrees.
This joint is very similar to a Porsche 928 factory joint that has a crazy angle and worked great. I’m in Grayslake if you need it.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Re-did the steering linkage, I bought the actual heim bracket that Unisteer sells for my car, the other bracket was made by the guy I got the rack from.

Okay, so the angles are much better, but now I'll have to cut the upper shaft down, maybe the bottom one too. Based on me looking at this alot, I "think" I should mainly focus on shortening the upper shaft. That will (a) get the heim bracket very close to the middle joint for support (but I will leave some room in between), and I think it will continue decreasing the angles in the overall linkage.

I'm going to talk to my guy at Unisteer tomorrow just to pick his brains first.
shaft angles.jpg

shaft angles 2.jpg

shaft angles 3.jpg

Thread Info