🔧 BUILD Pratt's 997.1 911 Turbo

General Information

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a 911 Turbo for years now. I love the 930, 964, and 993 are all out of my price range. Air cooled Porsche are pulling insane money right now. But the 996 (2001-2005) and 997.1 (2007-2008) were in my price range. Not like anything is wrong with them by any means. They started out with 415hp in 2001 up to 480hp in 2007. Plus they have AWD. And let's not forget the incredible torque they make.

After looking for a while I decided to hunt down a 997.1 for a few reasons. It still looks modern (especially the interior), it has an upgraded AWD system over the 996, has variable geometry turbos that spool quickly and make great torque just about anywhere, and it has round headlight. haha But a big reason to get a 2007-early 2009 was the 2010 cars had a different motor and were mostly dual clutch cars. The pre 2010 car used the famously reliable Mezger engine.

The car doesn't have a lot of options. But it has the two main ones I wanted. Locking diff and Sports Chrono package. It has heated seats, Porsche insignia in the headrests, sport steering wheel, and Bose stereo adds a nice touch in the interior. But more than anything it was the color I wanted. I didn't want a silver or black one. It seems those two colors make up like 90% of these cars.

Here are some pic for now. Mook said he would shank me if I didn't post up about the car. So after two days of lots of driving, I took a few pics. So it is a little dirty.

1688754856779.png

ova7Qc0.jpg

LszMp3F.jpg

OsSjeJS.jpg

qLWqzVX.jpg

hkzQVJM.jpg

6nxHLsx.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I had no idea that little yellow thing got down like that [emoji1787], then i saw it go lol

Exactly! lol I forgot Derek posted about it last fall.

For sure . Good runs last night. Minion runs pretty good for a bolts on e85 only car . Went 10.03 last year at us41

View attachment 58768

I looked at your account and found the 10.0 @ 137 video. It gets down! We talked to him for a little when we got back. They are nice guys.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Bump! Post pics of the new baller wheels Pratt.

Pressure Ratio Pressure Ratio where you at?

Update that thread I wanna see your baller wheels!

Sorry, still no wheel purchased. Not even sure what wheels to buy yet. haha

BUT....

I got a bunch of the suspension parts in. Just some unboxing pics for now. I'll post more once they are going on the car. I went with a proven package from TPC racing. A buddy has a similar set up and it rides great and performs fantastically. What I went with is...

Tractive DDA coil overs with top mounts & swift springs
Tarrett front sway bar drop link bracket
TPC Racing sway bars front & and rear
TPC Racing adjustable sway bar links
TPC Racing front and rear solid trust arm bushings
TPC Racing adjustable rear toe links

I mentioned the DSC controller in the thread earlier. It takes the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and uses a wider range of function over the standard PASM program. I'll use a customizable program to control the new Tractive DDA shocks and struts. Instead of a shim pack, these shocks use a valve to control the fluid movement. So these shocks and struts offer a much wider range of force vs velocity over the factory units. Or any other offering in the market. And they react like 17 times faster than the factory units. This allows the car to be set up with a 'softer' spring rate instead of a stiff coil spring. So it will have a comfortable ride on the street yet help control body movement when I throw the car around on the street and the track. Plus the DSC program allows a normal and sport mode to be selected with a push of the factory PASM button.

This is kind of my stage 1 suspension. Down the road, if I decide this needs to be improved upon, doubtful haha, I will look into widening the front track with wider control arms, axle spacers, and so on. That is what the GT3 and Cup cars run. It helps a lot with the front grip. Then would be Heim joints for the rear control arms and suspension cradle. But I don't see myself going 7/10th with what I already have. lol

637513298_20210315_100150.jpg

20210313_163459.jpg

20210313_162820.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Sorry, still no wheel purchased. Not even sure what wheels to buy yet. haha

BUT....

I got a bunch of the suspension parts in. Just some unboxing pics for now. I'll post more once they are going on the car. I went with a proven package from TPC racing. A buddy has a similar set up and it rides great and performs fantastically. What I went with is...

Tractive DDA coil overs with top mounts & swift springs
Tarrett front sway bar drop link bracket
TPC Racing sway bars front & and rear
TPC Racing adjustable sway bar links
TPC Racing front and rear solid trust arm bushings
TPC Racing adjustable rear toe links

I mentioned the DSC controller in the thread earlier. It takes the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and uses a wider range of function over the standard PASM program. I'll use a customizable program to control the new Tractive DDA shocks and struts. Instead of a shim pack, these shocks use a valve to control the fluid movement. So these shocks and struts offer a much wider range of force vs velocity over the factory units. Or any other offering in the market. And they react like 17 times faster than the factory units. This allows the car to be set up with a 'softer' spring rate instead of a stiff coil spring. So it will have a comfortable ride on the street yet help control body movement when I throw the car around on the street and the track. Plus the DSC program allows a normal and sport mode to be selected with a push of the factory PASM button.

This is kind of my stage 1 suspension. Down the road, if I decide this needs to be improved upon, doubtful haha, I will look into widening the front track with wider control arms, axle spacers, and so on. That is what the GT3 and Cup cars run. It helps a lot with the front grip. Then would be Heim joints for the rear control arms and suspension cradle. But I don't see myself going 7/10th with what I already have. lol

View attachment 83586

View attachment 83587

View attachment 83588
That stuff looks mighty fancy

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You still have this car? ?

I don't get rid of cars that often. lol The 2015 lured me away and I didn't like it. I should have kept the 2011 GT. But lead me to this, so it's all good. :)

if you're looking for a set of black aftermarket bbs style wheels LMK. a friend of mine is looking to unload

hmmm Does he have them listed anywhere I can check them out?

Reactions: Tight Lines

Thread Info