TV Official Street Outlaws No Prep Kings Thread

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Damn that’s a rough way to go.

I know this dude isn’t a big name but still surprised to see most of these cars without fire suppression stuff. It’s not THAT expensive in the grand scheme of things and could save a life.
The issue is that they only give you a few seconds of extra time if all goes well. There is a lot more oil, fuel, and trans fluid that can fuel the fire.

Those few seconds could be a lifesaver. But if he was unconscious or the car was damaged in a way he couldn't get out, there may not be enough time for the driver to get out.

It is sad and I think we knew it was only a matter of time.

RIP

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
The issue is that they only give you a few seconds of extra time if all goes well. There is a lot more oil, fuel, and trans fluid that can fuel the fire.

Those few seconds could be a lifesaver. But if he was unconscious or the car was damaged in a way he couldn't get out, there may not be enough time for the driver to get out.

It is sad and I think we knew it was only a matter of time.

RIP
Very true but at the same time it can’t hurt the situation. Worst case is the outcome that happened.

Also wild to me that all of the NPK cars just have open floors for the trans. I get they’re all SFI cases and whatnot but also Ryan Martin having a U joint come apart in the red car and then JJ getting sprayed with hot oil all over his body and getting burns you’d think they’d want things a bit more sealed off.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Very true but at the same time it can’t hurt the situation. Worst case is the outcome that happened.

Also wild to me that all of the NPK cars just have open floors for the trans. I get they’re all SFI cases and whatnot but also Ryan Martin having a U joint come apart in the red car and then JJ getting sprayed with hot oil all over his body and getting burns you’d think they’d want things a bit more sealed off.
Just to clarify, I am 100% all for fire suppression systems. I wasn't trying to state a case as to why not to use them. Before I sold my Capri, the next mod was a fire suppression system. I was at an NMRA race in Bradenton Florida. One of the fastest classes had a car that had a MASSIVE fire. Just before the 1/8th, it caught on fire. At probably 160ish mph? The whole inside and underside of the car was engulfed in flames. It seemed like forever for him to get the car stopped and out of it. He had major burns. He refused to go to the hospital due to insurance reasons. He was in the pits and his skin started to slide off his face when his friends finally took him to the hospital. Had he not had a fire suppression system, it would have been worse. So ya, I am 100% for them.

I don't like the open floors in the car either. The car I was talking about above had sprayed trans fluid everywhere. That stuff is HIGHLY flammable. So that open floor design many use for maintenance convenience really bothers me. The u-joint and/or yoke coming apart is going to go right through the sheet metal they use for the floors. And due to weight, they won't use something strong enough to contain it when it explodes. But it could shield them from fluids and fire better for sure.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Just to clarify, I am 100% all for fire suppression systems. I wasn't trying to state a case as to why not to use them. Before I sold my Capri, the next mod was a fire suppression system. I was at an NMRA race in Bradenton Florida. One of the fastest classes had a car that had a MASSIVE fire. Just before the 1/8th, it caught on fire. At probably 160ish mph? The whole inside and underside of the car was engulfed in flames. It seemed like forever for him to get the car stopped and out of it. He had major burns. He refused to go to the hospital due to insurance reasons. He was in the pits and his skin started to slide off his face when his friends finally took him to the hospital. Had he not had a fire suppression system, it would have been worse. So ya, I am 100% for them.

I don't like the open floors in the car either. The car I was talking about above had sprayed trans fluid everywhere. That stuff is HIGHLY flammable. So that open floor design many use for maintenance convenience really bothers me. The u-joint and/or yoke coming apart is going to go right through the sheet metal they use for the floors. And due to weight, they won't use something strong enough to contain it when it explodes. But it could shield them from fluids and fire better for sure.
His driveshaft tunnel is titanium, but really didn’t seem to cover the u joint much. I know he posted up a vid showing the carnage and it went thru the roof in a spot too. Fucking crazy to sit next to that.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
His driveshaft tunnel is titanium, but really didn’t seem to cover the u joint much. I know he posted up a vid showing the carnage and it went thru the roof in a spot too. Fucking crazy to sit next to that.
Ya, it covers to the tube that goes over the yoke. So good for a carbon fiber driveshaft splintering coming apart. But they are naked forward of the yoke. No thanks

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I kept reading that one of the producers from Street Outlaws passed away this past Thursday. Nobody said how, out of respect, I get it. But because of all the rumors they finally came out and said he was found in his hotel room of an apparent suicide. Very sad. RIP Mike Helmann.
F843A3F0-A80C-4B53-B6C5-0F89F1557636.jpeg

• Wow

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Kye and Lizzy almost broke up last week because she claimed she was hurt and beat kye and screwed a great opportunity to gain points on Ryan Martin. That episode is going to be a soap opera…can’t wait.
She has shown before that she isn't going to lie down. Or I should say, her dad won't let her lie down. Being that NOLA has a habit of drawing one another, they seriously hurt themselves as they end up splitting points between each other instead of one of the members rising to the top and gaining all the points.

Ryan does well because his own team isn't a threat to him. Most of the time his teammates are the Ducks in the circle. So Ryan doesn't need to ask them to lie down for him.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
She has shown before that she isn't going to lie down. Or I should say, her dad won't let her lie down. Being that NOLA has a habit of drawing one another, they seriously hurt themselves as they end up splitting points between each other instead of one of the members rising to the top and gaining all the points.

Ryan does well because his own team isn't a threat to him. Most of the time his teammates are the Ducks in the circle. So Ryan doesn't need to ask them to lie down for him.
For some reason Mike Murillo was posting this stuff on YT since his car is not running. Alledgidly, Musi camp said they were hurt and Kye didn’t have to spray all his kits. Well they sent it. There is a video of Lizzy crying trying to talk to Kye before the next race. So something happened and I guess we have to wait and find out. I love Mexican soap operas so this is right up my alley.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Jim H has been doing well, is he considered to be on a team?
He has been doing better. Many teams have upgraded cars and combos. It seems Jim H and Odin have been able to team up, share tuning & testing info, and both improve on new combos quickly.

It blows my mind how many billet Hemi combos there are now. lol

Thread Info