TV Official Street Outlaws No Prep Kings Thread

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
One could say drag racing and off-shore racing could be a good way to launder money lol

One of the best stories of drugs and racing is Bill & Don Whittington. These two guys basically show up in France at Le Mans. They offered Kremer Racing $20K each to be a driver of one of their cars. Then they wanted to be the first driver out. The team manager said no. The brothers end up asking how much they wanted for the car. Kremer said $200K, which was more than the car was already being offered for sale for. They whip out the $200K in cash and owned the car before the race. The brothers end up winning their class at Le Mans with their 935 Porsche 911. Then go on to be a winning team in the US and abroad. Buying more cars and other stuff. The story gets more interesting from there. They eventually get busted. They tried to hide cars. Including one they gave a museum. When one of them got out of jail, they sued the museum saying he just loaned them the car. It's a wild story. Search Youtube as I am sure there are a bunch of videos about the two brothers.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
...Well that's how it is at that level, nothing is stock except the roof, quarters and usually the wheelbase has be +/- 2 inches stock. Like I said I'm not that much interested in this outlaw 10.5 racing but I appreciate Dave Adkins slugging it out with an "LS" power plant. Even then it's has billet Noonan heads and block, so....

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I mean it used to be a gtr, sucks it has a proline motor and not some silly vr based build. I think people are out there making similar numbers on those and there’s probably a weight advantage for a v6 vs 8 in the rules.

Is what it is though. I bet that car still isn’t competitive because that guy sucks.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I mean it used to be a gtr, sucks it has a proline motor and not some silly vr based build. I think people are out there making similar numbers on those and there’s probably a weight advantage for a v6 vs 8 in the rules.

Is what it is though. I bet that car still isn’t competitive because that guy sucks.
Odem has tried racing them on the street with his quickest true GTR. They just can't compete. First off, he can never stage the car properly and leave on the light. Then the car just doesn't make the power these other cars make and can use on a good road.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Odem has tried racing them on the street with his quickest true GTR. They just can't compete. First off, he can never stage the car properly and leave on the light. Then the car just doesn't make the power these other cars make and can use on a good road.
Yea I’ve seen him suck ass. I just know there are others out there with big hp VR based engines. I think he’s just not good at anything.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
There was another GTR that has been on the show a few times. Just before one of the races last fall, the guy had the GTR record. It is quick. But he also has issues staging and being consistent. But he has done way better than Odom has done with his true GTR. This new "GTR" is just him trying to stay true to the brand he has. But ya, none of these cars have much to do with the cars they originally were. lol

Reactions: GLADIATOR

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
One could say drag racing and off-shore racing could be a good way to launder money lol

One of the best stories of drugs and racing is Bill & Don Whittington. These two guys basically show up in France at Le Mans. They offered Kremer Racing $20K each to be a driver of one of their cars. Then they wanted to be the first driver out. The team manager said no. The brothers end up asking how much they wanted for the car. Kremer said $200K, which was more than the car was already being offered for sale for. They whip out the $200K in cash and owned the car before the race. The brothers end up winning their class at Le Mans with their 935 Porsche 911. Then go on to be a winning team in the US and abroad. Buying more cars and other stuff. The story gets more interesting from there. They eventually get busted. They tried to hide cars. Including one they gave a museum. When one of them got out of jail, they sued the museum saying he just loaned them the car. It's a wild story. Search Youtube as I am sure there are a bunch of videos about the two brothers.
There was an episode of the MotorTrend show Auto/Biography about this, and how the most current [legal] owner of the car got pranked by his friends for his birthday.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
There was an episode of the MotorTrend show Auto/Biography about this, and how the most current [legal] owner of the car got pranked by his friends for his birthday.
Ya, I have seen a few different tellings of that. They hired actors to play DEA agents, tow truck driver, etc. Poor Bruce Meyer. haha

Not the show you mentioned, but same story by a guy that worked for Bruce Canepa. Who played the prank on Meyer.

And a article about the Whittington's

Here's another drug money in racing was the Pushmans.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
There was another GTR that has been on the show a few times. Just before one of the races last fall, the guy had the GTR record. It is quick. But he also has issues staging and being consistent. But he has done way better than Odom has done with his true GTR. This new "GTR" is just him trying to stay true to the brand he has. But ya, none of these cars have much to do with the cars they originally were. lol
Was that the east coast tan colored one? I feel like it had carbon panels on it too

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
5B481317-0E5F-4100-9073-5FB24172B559.jpeg

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Thread Info