TV Official Street Outlaws No Prep Kings Thread

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
It’s not just him. I get star struck and can’t breath and get like a panic attack. It’s actually quite funny. Has happened to me several times.

giphy.gif

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
So i'm totally out of touch with these cars, haven't paid attention to drag racing in a long time. What do they typically run in the 1/8th at a no prep event?
Most of those cars are running high 3’s. Like 3.80’s-4.00’s and 200mph.

Pro Stock John Pro Stock John probably has more intimate knowledge

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Ya, Some of the quicker cars have run 3.8's with current combos. Not sure what they have actually have run in competition. I am going to bet 4.0 to 4.2 are more the norm. But most of the races start with warm air and slick track. Due to the lack of prep, direct sun, and limited rubber down. But as the sun goes down and rounds pass, the tracks typically get pretty good. So 4.20 might work in rounds 1 & 2. But to win, I'm betting that isn't going to cut it.

There are A LOT of new cars and combos out this season too. This season the caliber of the cars is going to be leaps better than 2 seasons ago. Hemi power and lighter chassis where they can move more weight around is going to benefit them for sure.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Bob Kazamakis Bob Hope, I texted a little with Dave Adkins. He said 3.80s were needed to be competitive.
Has his car gone that fast? Tv made it seem like he struggled pretty hard last season but I was excited to hear an ls based car was running. Would love to hear more about his setup too. Is it a 427? Seemed like the common size for big big hp LS based stuff

Thread Info