TV Official Street Outlaws No Prep Kings Thread

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
It’s not just him. I get star struck and can’t breath and get like a panic attack. It’s actually quite funny. Has happened to me several times.

giphy.gif

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Donating Member
Reaction score
So i'm totally out of touch with these cars, haven't paid attention to drag racing in a long time. What do they typically run in the 1/8th at a no prep event?

IceCreamAssassin

Drive Safe, Don’t Rape
Donating Member
Reaction score
I know he was shooting for about 205mph. So that gives you some idea. Ramming 75-80psi down that small block is nuts.

Pro Stock John

Lord Gray Bush
Reaction score
Hmmm well I know Dave Adkins who runs NPKs, and he said low 4s were the norm. I think I recall him saying 4.20s.

IceCreamAssassin

Drive Safe, Don’t Rape
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hmmm well I know Dave Adkins who runs NPKs, and he said low 4s were the norm. I think I recall him saying 4.20s.
I feel like that’s a bad track time. I know these guys have ran in the 3’s. They’ve come straight out and said so a few times.

Pro Stock John

Lord Gray Bush
Reaction score
I'll ask Dave after this weekend if you guys are interested. I figure the front runners go high 3's and low 4s. Dave's been a 3.75 in one of his other cars so he's no slouch.

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll ask Dave after this weekend if you guys are interested. I figure the front runners go high 3's and low 4s. Dave's been a 3.75 in one of his other cars so he's no slouch.
Please do, I’d love to hear directly from someone in NPK.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Ya, Some of the quicker cars have run 3.8's with current combos. Not sure what they have actually have run in competition. I am going to bet 4.0 to 4.2 are more the norm. But most of the races start with warm air and slick track. Due to the lack of prep, direct sun, and limited rubber down. But as the sun goes down and rounds pass, the tracks typically get pretty good. So 4.20 might work in rounds 1 & 2. But to win, I'm betting that isn't going to cut it.

There are A LOT of new cars and combos out this season too. This season the caliber of the cars is going to be leaps better than 2 seasons ago. Hemi power and lighter chassis where they can move more weight around is going to benefit them for sure.

TS
TS
GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

From Roman Bloodlines
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks like that dude on youtube will be posting videos...Yay! Still looking for a live stream.

Street Outlaws No Prep Talk on You Tube

TS
TS
GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

From Roman Bloodlines
Donating Member
Reaction score
This dude did live feeds all last year but said he wasn’t going to do it anymore. But here we are…

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
Bob Hope Bob Hope, I texted a little with Dave Adkins. He said 3.80s were needed to be competitive.
Has his car gone that fast? Tv made it seem like he struggled pretty hard last season but I was excited to hear an ls based car was running. Would love to hear more about his setup too. Is it a 427? Seemed like the common size for big big hp LS based stuff

Top Bottom