TV Official Street Outlaws No Prep Kings Thread

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
He gapped a Musi powered car really bad. He has to have some secret advantage. I don’t hate the guy but he is the King right now.
So many things go into a run that you can't assume that will always be the case. From the air quality, how many of the 5 nitrous kits they are running, the traction control plotting, spinning, etc. But being they were racing Martin, it is safe to assume they were getting after it.

Ryan Martin and crew put a lot of time, effort, and money into their program. The Procharged billet hemi are a lethal combos. They typically can hold a 200-300 hp advantage over the 481x combos. Their team has great support of people like Steve Petty and others. People that are the best in the business. But their team has an understanding of the car, tracks, tuning, and so on is what really has them where they are. There are other hemi procharged combos that are not running as well as they are. I don't think anyone that they race takes them lightly or thinks they haven't put in the work to be where they are. They are on top for a reason. But there are a LOT of new cars this year already and more coming. The competition should be incredible as other programs get a handle on things.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
From what I understand he is the king of the traction control systems and how to tune them. So he can probably consistently put down more power every run because he knows how to tune that system.
But even when you watch the shows. They keep throwing more power at the runs and it keeps taking it without issue. The chassis setup and weight bias is very good.

But ya, making as much power as you can with limited traction control intervention the quicker you are going to go. Anyone can make a plot that pulls power out the whole run. Sure, it might not spin, but it won't be fast.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Mook Mook I know you like GTRs
E94D106A-54EA-4F52-87FE-7C93E1A7C952.jpeg

Thread Info