From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
He prob got the $5k back and didn't give it to you

For real

Probably. Ive tried quite a bit to see that money, but it was 8 years ago now. So instead of spending more money to get more money, I just chalk it up to life lesson and upgrade to my bullshit meter.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I wonder if Chicago Auto Pros does houses. :rofl:

I was so focused on the cool stuff for the house, that I completely ignored a basic thing everyone should do, and something I specifically should have been on point with since Ive done it my entire adult life. Security. So I have been doing some research and found some cool and basic stuff that everyone should be doing IMO. The window film helps keep glass together if someone wants to break a window to get in, while also being UV resistant to keep the house cool which would save on energy cost. I was searching for ceramic film, but I guess if I dont find it this UV one will suffice.

This also makes sense since most break ins will usually use a door, so reinforcing it the best you can without making it super ugly is a good idea.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
ask to see it, it's yours you paid for it

Ohh he knows I want to see it. I was more worried about hearing something that could compromise the deal. He told my wife yesterday that if something was wrong we would have heard by then, and that he should have had the appraisal last night. So Ill be inquiring shortly.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ohh he knows I want to see it. I was more worried about hearing something that could compromise the deal. He told my wife yesterday that if something was wrong we would have heard by then, and that he should have had the appraisal last night. So Ill be inquiring shortly.

i can't imagine him getting it and just not sending it over :rofl:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A lot of comments with, sometimes, little real knowledge of the real estate profession. The real estate test is hard because it asks real questions and also has questions with multiple correct answers or no correct answers and you have to guess at which one they are looking for. I passed it first time but many people take it multiple times and continue to fail. I think the education required to pass the test is laughable but the education required to be a good Realtor is much more extensive. The first thing I did after getting my license was sign up for GRI (Graduate Realtor Institute) which is a 7 course (7 books) designation that gives me a year of real estate education. EVERY Realtor should be required to take it. As far as being educated, I continue to take CE classes and add designations because they make me better at my job.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Looked into GRI classes after I passed my Florida exam, classes looked like basic for what you get depending on past career experience.

So far being a realtor here in Florida for the last 90 days, my clients who are pending waiting to close, those who are looking right now to buy, and the ones that are 8-12 months down the road all say the same thing, thankful they have someone willing to work with them, listen, return calls, guide them they the process, and I have heard the same from the listing agents I have been working with.

It’s all about how you treat the customers, others and communication!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
GRI is the classes that should be required before the test. Some of it is basic, some of it intermediate but it's all knowledge that Realtors should have (and many don't). When I see a GRI designation after a Realtor name, I think this person took the time and made the effort to improve their knowledge of the profession. I don't think it's classes for a 10 year Realtor because they probably picked up most of it through practicing the profession. I wanted to know it year 1 instead. IMO, it's well worth taking for newer Realtors.

Reactions: frank

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
lol the lady we bought our house from had the worst realtor. She never called anyone back, Made comments constantly about the seller being an elderly old woman that was crazy, and didn’t know shit. She was terrible and somehow a top producer at her office. The seller ended up calling my mom/Realtor to help her and has given all her business in IL to my mom as well. It pays to communicate and just have some basic common decency.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
A lot of comments with, sometimes, little real knowledge of the real estate profession. The real estate test is hard because it asks real questions and also has questions with multiple correct answers or no correct answers and you have to guess at which one they are looking for. I passed it first time but many people take it multiple times and continue to fail. I think the education required to pass the test is laughable but the education required to be a good Realtor is much more extensive. The first thing I did after getting my license was sign up for GRI (Graduate Realtor Institute) which is a 7 course (7 books) designation that gives me a year of real estate education. EVERY Realtor should be required to take it. As far as being educated, I continue to take CE classes and add designations because they make me better at my job.

giphy.gif

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
It’s a customer service job. Anyone with good social skills who can be communicative, has a high school level of education and can pass a simple test is going to be successful. Quit acting like it’s this high and mighty academic achievement that takes a lifetime of work. It’s not. The only difficulty is the saturation of realtors because ITS SO FUCKING EASY TO BECOME ONE.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Can be easy to become one…. Question is will one become successful? Are they able to make money? Are they use to getting a salary and not use to commission based career? So much more. Many try and many fail. Just like any job, it’s all what you put into yourself, career, and future.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Can be easy to become one…. Question is will one become successful? Are they able to make money? Are they use to getting a salary and not use to commission based career? So much more. Many try and many fail. Just like any job, it’s all what you put into yourself, career, and future.
Agreed 100%.

cliff acts like a multiple choice test that can have tricky multiple answers is a hurdle to greatness.

Five-0

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
I took the classes in person and over-prepped for the test because I'm a nerd. I passed easily. The hardest part of the profession is the marketing to make yourself stand-out in the sea of of them. It's maybe 50/50 of good to bad that I've worked with. So as a consumer, finding a good one is also half the battle.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.

truth! ^^^ there are soo fucking many terrible realtors out there. Lots of part time people too.

My wife’s best friend decided to go with their friend that was a new part time realtor. They bought their first house without getting it inspected on their Realtors advice and never even stepped foot inside the fucking house. They overpaid for it and moved in. Soon they found out the basement floods every time it rains, the bathtub leaks, the garage door was broken and didn’t open, the HVAC was terrible with registers in the middle of the floor and the returns were covered, and the fresh rehab to make it an open concept was done incorrectly and the ceiling and roof was sagging in the middle of the room. They spent around 30 grand to get shit fixed over 2 years and just resold it in this market just to break even. Fucked up part is they still used the same person to sell the place because they felt bad that their friend was not doing well as a part time realtor.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
truth! ^^^ there are soo fucking many terrible realtors out there. Lots of part time people too.

My wife’s best friend decided to go with their friend that was a new part time realtor. They bought their first house without getting it inspected on their Realtors advice and never even stepped foot inside the fucking house. They overpaid for it and moved in. Soon they found out the basement floods every time it rains, the bathtub leaks, the garage door was broken and didn’t open, the HVAC was terrible with registers in the middle of the floor and the returns were covered, and the fresh rehab to make it an open concept was done incorrectly and the ceiling and roof was sagging in the middle of the room. They spent around 30 grand to get shit fixed over 2 years and just resold it in this market just to break even. Fucked up part is they still used the same person to sell the place because they felt bad that their friend was not doing well as a part time realtor.
Impossible, the fact that there is more than one right answer on the multiple choice test should have weeded her out! :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty sure that all multiple choice tests had 2+ "right" answers starting in like...middle school...for every single class and standardized test. The whole idea is to choose the best answer.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I know you already know YAJYAK but this is the house I got baited into contacting a realtor about:

Too good to be true? 3200sqft for 220k near Schofield/Wausau? Because it is. Needs roof and windows. Roof leaks in heavy wind/rain. And the seller is "taking offers until Sept 2." So of course some big swinging Blackrock cock gunna offer him 350 and he'll take it and fucking run.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I've posted this before but here's an update. This house has gone from asking $1.3m (a year ago) down to $950k and it still won't sell for that. That's $184/ft for a giant ranch with a 4 car garage on a 6 acre lot.

Dude will easily lose $150k on this house, probably much more than that actually (especially when you factor in interest). Moral of the story: DON'T BUILD AN UGLY ASS HOUSE.

Thread Info