🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Tell them anyone that frail is better off dead anyways, the docs should pull the plug

How the fuck is it even possible to Injure both ankles at the same time when you’re just walking

probably huge with bad knees. We had a family friend that broke both legs walking in the driveway and bent over to pick up something from the ground. She was like 5ft fall and 300 lbs.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
probably huge with bad knees. We had a family friend that broke both legs walking in the driveway and bent over to pick up something from the ground. She was like 5ft fall and 300 lbs.
Zero sympathy for people like that

ZERO

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
That home in Indiana boo foo is posted for a million,

I realize the home I posted below is 1.6 million asking price, but it’s 10 mins from me, in a desirable area. Few mins to Yorkville and prob under an hour to Chicago depending on traffic. So adjust the price a bit because it’s in the Chicago suburbs

This is a million dollar home, not that basic overpriced house in Indiana.

Take a look at this home I found on Realtor.com
7126 Roberts Ct, Oswego
$1,695,000 · 5beds · 6.5baths

This house is minutes away from me

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
This house is minutes away from me

Yuuup. And Yorkville schools. Your not far from me at all. I’m in the Estates of Millbrook

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
We had looked there as well. Our realtor highly recommended Heartland. Taxes were a little too high for my taste and we wanted an acre or more. The Yorkville area is exploding right now for sure.

Yeah, we're out on the outer part of Heartland, our backyard butts up against the older houses on an acre (not part of Heartland, off of Tuma Rd). We looked at this house on Tuma that we liked, but it needed alot of work done on the inside.

We lived in Bristol Bay, up by the Waterpark from 07 until last year, and in all those years, we never ventured into Heartland. We knew there were house back here but never had a reason to drive through this neighborhood and once we did, we knew it was the right neighborhood for us. We looked at probably 7 houses in this neighborhood, plus a couple off Fox Rd in Yorkville and some off 71 and 126, but we really like the house we're in.

Taxes are a bit high here, but the houses are big, so that's to be expected. I'm a bit too close to Suzy's for my liking, I can hear the volleyball whistle at night or the karaoke, but it's far enough away that it's not blaringly loud either.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Updates from my RE BS.

My insurance company is handling the slip-n-fall claim and should be an easy fix without an at-fault or negligence on my behalf. Still can’t believe this person is even getting the time of day...

On selling the house, I’ve essentially sold my VA house 3 times. Went under contract last week after rejecting some other offers since we listed. Buyers cancel at the inspection period, saying it needed new windows and “some other things”. Inspection report just had a bunch of small things, nothing remotely major. We think they just got cold feet. They had a townhouse to sell in Alexandria, which their offer wasn’t contingent on it selling, but I think it not selling scared them. That’s 2 deals that have fallen through from buyers. Still don’t know why the first one did...

Put the house back on the market next day, had multiple showings and had 2 offers. Went with the higher one that also had better terms. It’s even better that the prior contract we had as well.

Third time’s the charm, right?... right?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This house down the street from me just sold for 370k...

1,550 ft above grade plus 1400ft finished in the basement, technically only a 2 bedroom because the basement "bedroom" doesn't have any windows

Is this real life

• Haha
Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
God. This is going to come Smashing down so fucking hard

Yuuuuup. We sold our previous home for 325k in February. Homes in that neighborhood are now being listed for 370k or so. Like are you fucking high? Brand new when they were built in the last housing peak it was like 270k and ur paying 370k for less than a 1/4 acre for normal builders type homes?

Gtfo.

I’ve said for the last few months to family and friends, if your buying a basic builders home right now on the “used” market you are going to be stuck for 5 figures in the red in the near future.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
We paid 365K($113 sq/ft) for our house here in Yorkville in May 2020. Houses in this neighborhood are selling for 400-450 for comparable size. A small ranch on my street sold last week for 350k ($148/sq ft)

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I’d prefer to let a trusted realtor you have go over the pricing. Looking at what an aggressive price to list at would be vs what you should seriously consider if you were offered it.

Those sites can be misleading sometimes. For instance my current home says it’s about 650k on Redfin. No idea where it’s getting that estimate from. We didn’t pay anywhere close to that in feb when we bought it and it’s obv not worth that.

Reactions: Jon01 and blue-sun

Thread Info