🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
6 damn days away from closing on selling our DC home and the buyers call up and want to cancel the contract - they want out. Talk about a gut punch this morning. They are within a statutory HOA certification period too so they legally can without recourse, unfortunately says the attorney. Such a shitty situation. They haven’t said why, but we think we found a house in the area that just went back on the market the day before that they are now going after.

We were set to close on our new place the following day. Everything was going so well on both ends to the closings! Now to figure out what to do... we’ve sold off a lot of our furniture that we didn’t want to take, and have more than half our house packed up.

They are hounding me and my agent constantly to sign the cancelation contract and release the earnest money deposit...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Im sorry to hear. While we are excited to hopefully be closing on the 30th, I am super tense and very anxious and hope nothing goes wrong.

The seller did agree to fix a couple small things and give us a credit for the roof and siding. The loan officer sent an email stating our loan was approved, but they want explanations for a few things we did when we were younger and Im just racking my brain trying to think what the right answer is. I was supporting two houses and we lost track of bills and it got too overwhelming and we let it go? Its the truth but not sure if it will cause something to go wrong with the loan.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Can’t you keep the earnest money since they are backing out without a legitimate reason?

:nope:

unless you want to take the fuckers to court and tie the sale of your house up for months or years potentially

this is why ive been saying for fuckingever earnest money means absolutely dick

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
The amount of hack ass work he finds and fixes though is great.....

yeah all his shows are really entertaining plus he seems to be genuinely great guy. It is crazy how overboard he gets with some of the Stuff. I bet any house ever built he will find 1/2 the place is garbage by his standards. Lol.

Reactions: FESTER665

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
:nope:

unless you want to take the fuckers to court and tie the sale of your house up for months or years potentially

this is why ive been saying for fuckingever earnest money means absolutely dick

Which is funny, cause back in 13 we had a pending buy and the inspection found plumbing issues. We backed out the next day after the inspection even though we didnt get the report, but I was there watching water spew everywhere, and saw vertical cracks in the foundation. Fought and fought and never got our $5K back.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Which is funny, cause back in 13 we had a pending buy and the inspection found plumbing issues. We backed out the next day after the inspection even though we didnt get the report, but I was there watching water spew everywhere, and saw vertical cracks in the foundation. Fought and fought and never got our $5K back.

wtf did you not have a good lawyer or a lawyer at all :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it was one of those our lawyer was also our realtor. He was referred by a family member of my wife. Needless to say we parted ways after this entire debacle.
giphy.gif

your... lawyer.... was... also... your... realtor..

WHAT THE FUCK MAN

Reactions: Jon01

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it was one of those our lawyer was also our realtor. He was referred by a family member of my wife. Needless to say we parted ways after this entire debacle.
You can't get much further from "lawyer" than "real estate agent".

One requires 7 years higher education and an incredibly difficult test, the other requires no education and a test that a trained monkey can pass.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You can't get much further from "lawyer" than "real estate agent".

One requires 7 years higher education and an incredibly difficult test, the other requires no education and a test that a trained monkey can pass.

yeah.

my cousin while he was living for me, his other half was studying for the bar... she'd be up all fucking night/day studying studying studying.

i passed the IL bullshit half drunk and was first one done.

seriously.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
yeah.

my cousin while he was living for me, his other half was studying for the bar... she'd be up all fucking night/day studying studying studying.

i passed the IL bullshit half drunk and was first one done.

seriously.
You took the real estate exam? I've always wanted to just to see exactly how easy it is, lol

I know some really dumb people that said the RE test was easy, and some incredibly smart people that took the bar and said they wanted to die. Lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You took the real estate exam? I've always wanted to just to see exactly how easy it is, lol

I know some really dumb people that said the RE test was easy, and some incredibly smart people that took the bar and said they wanted to die. Lol

i took the whole course week in week out bullshit crashcourse at the local community college.

my teacher broad was a realtor who said the state test was no more difficult than the test she administered at the end of the class

i never took the state class because life got in the way and i wound up between houses and having taken that test at that stage in my life wouldn't have been a good aspect to the whole situation.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

I’d bet the real estate test is multiple choice ?

Who was holding the check?
This seems weird

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
was it also dual agency? was he realtor for the sellers too?

That I dont know, but looking back it would not shock me. Not. One. Bit.

Who was holding the check?
This seems weird

The bank of the "seller" which was the bank since it was a foreclosure.

They probably split the money and lit cigars with $100 bills and eating the finest filet mignon.

Thread Info